QB Controversy Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never said he wasn't better. It's just his age or something like that.
:lol

Brady also isn't coming back from injury or three. And missing over a year of playing any football. But hey, the similarities are stunning.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Dak now with his fourth straight game of a QB rating in the 100's. He is clearly playing at a probowl level. Can't imagine pulling him.

townsend

Banned
So Dak now with his fourth straight game of a QB rating in the 100's. He is clearly playing at a probowl level. Can't imagine pulling him.
I agree with you on football exactly as much as I disagree with you on politics.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You'll get Romo and like it!

Jerry reaffirmed this after the game. Just gotta hope the creaky back holds up.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Talk to Jerry. He will have the final say. He might start to vacillate pretty soon. I am sure he has a strategy.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Brady (who has played longer than Romo) came back and lit it up for 3TDs and 406 yds. Color me stunned. He should be washed up and stuff.
He also hasn't been injured as much as Romo, nor coming off of a broken back. Stupid comparison.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You'll get Romo and like it!

Jerry reaffirmed this after the game. Just gotta hope the creaky back holds up.
One has to go no further than Jones when it comes to making the call and right now he has pretty much given the plan.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
If Dak goes into Green Bay and beats the Packers next week, there's no way that you can pull him for Romo.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
One has to go no further than Jones when it comes to making the call and right now he has pretty much given the plan.
And he's an idiot for that also.

I can't wait to see what happens when the Cowboys of old return and loses their swagger completely.

Also can't wait for the Romo boo birds come out because you know it's going to happen.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yeah, I can't imagine pulling him especially if we beat GB and have a 5 game win streak. But I'm sure we will. The real controversy though will start if Romo gets the start vs Philly and then starts playing poorly. I don't now if anything other than an injury would get him replaced.

The biggest issue though to me is what happens in the off season. Do we just hand the job to Romo or open it for competition? At this point I don't think he will ever be replaced due to performance. Jerry is so tied to him as long as Tony is here and healthy he'll start.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I can't wait to see what happens when the Cowboys of old return and loses their swagger completely.

Also can't wait for the Romo boo birds come out because you know it's going to happen.
Just hope we don't lose too many games in the meantime.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Yeah, I can't imagine pulling him especially if we beat GB and have a 5 game win streak. But I'm sure we will. The real controversy though will start if Romo gets the start vs Philly and then starts playing poorly. I don't now if anything other than an injury would get him replaced.

The biggest issue though to me is what happens in the off season. Do we just hand the job to Romo or open it for competition? At this point I don't think will ever be replaced due to performance.
Oh, it's going to be nonstop excuses like it always is for Romo. First it'll be the rust, then it'll be some excuse about another player being injured (if it's not him first), or it'll be the D's fault.

The list goes on and on and on.

What'll be even more frustrating is to see after how well we've been rolling to end up losing the division because like Romo's earned it and stuff.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we beat the Packers you have to at least imagine the Cowboys give Romo a little extra time to rest. Jerry can say what he wants but we all know you can't trust a word that man says.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Of course it going to happen but unless Jones has a change of heart, he has already made the declaration. All the dialogue about which QB should start is just self serving rhetoric because the tie breaker is Jones.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If we beat the Packers you have to at least imagine the Cowboys give Romo a little extra time to rest. Jerry can say what he wants but we all know you can't trust a word that man says.
That is probably in the game plan if I were guessing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is a great problem to have.

Dak was brilliant again today, and that strip sack hopefully reminds him that no protection can be perfect.

Dak has "it" and has been as efficient a passer these past five games as I've seen in a long, long time.

He he might not throw 20 yard outs like Aikman or toss deep shots like Romo, but his accuracy is creating YAC opportunities and our WRs are responding.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
This is a great problem to have.

Dak was brilliant again today, and that strip sack hopefully reminds him that no protection can be perfect.

Dak has "it" and has been as efficient a passer these past five games as I've seen in a long, long time.

He he might not throw 20 yard outs like Aikman or toss deep shots like Romo, but his accuracy is creating YAC opportunities and our WRs are responding.
I think the 20 yard outs will come in time. I really do.

He keeps showing more and more with each passing game.

Plus, I'm thinking that once Dez returns that it'll open up the deep shots as well.

It's still remarkable that we are 1-0 without Dez, Romo, and Smith and 2-0 without Dez and Romo. And for us to dominate a team like the Bengals without those pieces is nothing short of amazing.

Top Bottom