Week 14 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys @ Giants | 12-10-2017

midswat

... soon
Anyone not even remotely excited about this game?

It's in the best interest our Cowboys lose today. The playoffs are not a realistic possibility at this point, and the Giants will have a new coach next year - I'd rather worsen their draft selection so the new coach doesn't get his hand picked guy (Pederson/Wentz).

Long term thinking.

That said... the Giants are beyond bad so I'm betting we roll them by 20+ points.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let's do this. One side of me hopes we lose today to have any shot at getting rid of Garrett, and the other (more realistic) side of me knows there is no chance he is gone after this year and hopes we win to keep what slim playoffs we have alive.

Cotton

Staff member
This rendition I give a solid 10/10. This is how it is meant to be sung.

Cotton

Staff member

It's gone be cold. Gotta hope they just pound it out on the ground.

Cotton

Staff member
How we doing today, guys?
So, coach, with the weather being what it is, will the plan today be to keep the ball on the ground and let that OL do what it does best?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This rendition I give a solid 10/10. This is how it is meant to be sung.

You're just saying that because it's military. A pop star or R&B artist sings that same version and you're slamming it.

Just face it, you're an anthem Nazi. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends or anthem Nazis.

Cotton

Staff member

Wow.

Cotton

Staff member
You're just saying that because it's military. A pop star or R&B artist sings that same version and you're slamming it.

Just face it, you're an anthem Nazi. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends or anthem Nazis.
I am going to have to disagree here. One of the best renditions I have ever heard was by Whitney Houston. So, back off me.

1bigfan13

Staff member
So, coach, with the weather being what it is, will the plan today be to keep the ball on the ground and let that OL do what it does best?
After processing the data, my logic tells me the best plan of action is to come out 5-wide. Our philosophy is to use the pass to set up the run.

40 pass attempts from a shaky QB with a bad throwing hand in cold, inclement weather.....they'll never see it coming. The ultimate Jap game plan.

Cotton

Staff member
After processing the data, my logic tells me the best plan of action is to come out 5-wide. Our philosophy is to use the pass to set up the run.

40 pass attempts from a shaky QB with a bad throwing hand in cold, inclement weather.....they'll never see it coming. The ultimate Jap game plan.
Brilliant, coach! Good luck out there!

1bigfan13

Staff member
Tons of interesting games on the schedule today. I'm just going to order me a pizza and sit my ass on the couch all day.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What version? They sang it exactly the way the music was written. Nothing was changed. No notes drawn out for 5 minutes. All they did was harmonize inside the melody without changing anything.

Cotton

Staff member
Tons of interesting games on the schedule today. I'm just going to order me a pizza and sit my ass on the couch all day.
I grilled up some burgers. Had to eat kinda early because the boy had to go to work at 11 and we had to eat before he went. Which is fine, because it should be nice and settled for some beer drinking when we get to kick.

Cotton

Staff member
What version? They sang it exactly the way the music was written. Nothing was changed. No notes drawn out for 5 minutes. All they did was harmonize inside the melody without changing anything.
And, it was fantastic.

data

Forbes #1
Out of all the celebrities, Martina McBride is one that sings it most traditionally.

Top Bottom