Week 14 Thursday Night Chatter | Saints @ Falcons | 12-7-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm cutting way back on fantasy next year.

I'm in 4 money leagues, a beeradvocate league that's basically a money league you just owe beer, and a dozenish free leagues. It's just too much and the overlap of who to root for/against is irksome

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Sean Payton looked like he just finished sucking on a lemon. :lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think I wanted the Saints tonight but there's still way too many scenarios and permutations left.

Basically I think we just need the Packers to lose 1, the Seahawks to lose 1 (plus 1 more to us but this whole scenario relies on us winning out either way, so whatever), the Lions to lose 1, and then either the Falcons or Panthers to lose 2, which there's a high probability of considering they still play each other.

Honestly at this point I think there's at least a 50/50 chance we make it if we win out, which is obviously the least likely of all these factors to actually happen.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think I wanted the Saints tonight but there's still way too many scenarios and permutations left.

Basically I think we just need the Packers to lose 1, the Seahawks to lose 1 (plus 1 more to us but this whole scenario relies on us winning out either way, so whatever), the Lions to lose 1, and then either the Falcons or Panthers to lose 2, which there's a high probability of considering they still play each other.

Honestly at this point I think there's at least a 50/50 chance we make it if we win out, which is obviously the least likely of all these factors to actually happen.
Yeah, if we run the table we earned a spot but it's not as though this team is likely to get past the wild card round. Too many flaws.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm cutting way back on fantasy next year.

I'm in 4 money leagues, a beeradvocate league that's basically a money league you just owe beer, and a dozenish free leagues. It's just too much and the overlap of who to root for/against is irksome
Geez. That's a lot. I'm in 2 total and think that is too many. I can't imagine trying to do that many.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, if we run the table we earned a spot but it's not as though this team is likely to get past the wild card round. Too many flaws.
Our offense looked awesome until Zeke got hurt so with him back I'm not worried about that side of the ball.

As far as the defense goes they are just young. I'm hoping the Skins game is a sign of them coming together. But they may be too young to do much in the playoffs. We will see over the next 4 games though.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Our offense looked awesome until Zeke got hurt so with him back I'm not worried about that side of the ball.

As far as the defense goes they are just young. I'm hoping the Skins game is a sign of them coming together. But they may be too young to do much in the playoffs. We will see over the next 4 games though.
Yeah, it should help that the young guys will have some PT under their belt by then. Zeke being back will help too but he'll be over a month removed from live game action so he may have to knock off some rust and it's good that he's been training while he's been unavailable. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Have to win these games though, I doubt going 3-1 will be good enough for a WC this year unless some of the other teams ahead of Dallas falter down the stretch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, it should help that the young guys will have some PT under their belt by then. Zeke being back will help too but he'll be over a month removed from live game action so he may have to knock off some rust and it's good that he's been training while he's been unavailable. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Have to win these games though, I doubt going 3-1 will be good enough for a WC this year unless some of the other teams ahead of Dallas falter down the stretch.
Nope, I hate to sound Garrett like but we really do need to take it one game at a time. No reason to look past the Giants game. We just need to win that one right now and it keeps us alive.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Nope, I hate to sound Garrett like but we really do need to take it one game at a time. No reason to look past the Giants game. We just need to win that one right now and it keeps us alive.
Yeah, I agree with the one game at a time philosophy and it's not like Garrett invented it or anything. I've never been a fan of looking past the next team we play because any given Sunday doing that can bite you in the ass, that's why I said wait and see. I'm just not sure that getting to 9-7 will be good enough for a WC berth this season even though many years it has been.

data

Forbes #1
Sunday won’t be a cakewalk. Spags is gonna blitz the shit out of us and be happy with 1-high safety all game long.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Soooo, you have the ball 1st & 10 on your opponent's 11-yard line with 1:39 remaining, 2 timeouts, down by 3, your RB is approaching 100-yards, and you pass the ball...

Garrett?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sunday won’t be a cakewalk. Spags is gonna blitz the shit out of us and be happy with 1-high safety all game long.
No doubt about it. And why wouldn't he. We barely throw the ball deep and every time against a blitz we have these slow ass developing routes that give Dak no chance.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Soooo, you have the ball 1st & 10 on your opponent's 11-yard line with 1:39 remaining, 2 timeouts, down by 3, your RB is approaching 100-yards, and you pass the ball...

Garrett?
Good point. At some point you trust your first ballot HOF QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom