Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I wouldn't drop Wentz. Luck has had some shoulder issue for weeks that has limited him in practice. It's not a good combo with that offensive line.
Yeah, they have been managing Luck's practice reps all season because of the shoulder. He is OK but I do worry about all the hits he takes. Dropping Wentz is not something I really plan on doing unless I am forced into it due to injury/bye week issues.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Arian Foster in on the waiver wire in my 1.0 PPR league. We only have 1 starting RB slot in that league but have 2 starting Flex spots. I have a bunch of OK but not great RB options in McKinnon, Bernard, Sims, M. Jones, & K. Dixon. McKinnon and C. Sims are on bye next week.

I am considering dropping Sims for Foster. I am not planning on starting Sims this week and Martin is expected back in week 7 after Tampa's bye. I know Foster probably won't stay healthy but is the risk/reward worth it (he is expected back next week)? Sims is a decent Flex option in PPR even with Martin active but not a real high upside one.

I could drop Dixon but I think he has a shot to really gain touches/value as the season goes on in Baltimore. I could also drop Wentz since Luck is my starter, but that shaky ass OL makes me nervous about Luck being my only QB and Wentz will not sit on the wire if I drop him at this point.

So drop Sims, Dixon, or Wentz for Foster or stand pat?
I'd drop Sims since the muscle hamster is close to being back

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I went ahead and made the move of dropping Sims for Foster. With Tampa's bye coming up next week and D. Martin coming back I just think the upside is higher for Foster. Maybe not–especially since Foster is a soft tissue re-injury waiting to happen–but I don't feel like I am going to lose any sleep over dropping Sims. I have a couple other comparable RBs.

Next question...Would you trade A. Luck for L. Miller or D. Murray? The guy whol has Miller & Murray is willing to talk. Getting one of those guys would give me a true RB1 and I could use guys like McKinnon, M. Jones, Foster, & Dixon as Flex options rather than in my RB slot. Wentz is currently my only other QB (and is obviously past his bye) but I am sure another halfway decent option will shake loose as the byes come and go. The strength of my team is that I have A. Brown and J. Jones in my starting WR slots and J. Reed at TE. I feel like getting a true RB1 to go with those guys would really solidify my lineup, but I would ostensibly be taking a step back at the QB position by moving Luck.

WWDCCD?

D

Deuce

I went ahead and made the move of dropping Sims for Foster. With Tampa's bye coming up next week and D. Martin coming back I just think the upside is higher for Foster. Maybe not–especially since Foster is a soft tissue re-injury waiting to happen–but I don't feel like I am going to lose any sleep over dropping Sims. I have a couple other comparable RBs.

Next question...Would you trade A. Luck for L. Miller or D. Murray? The guy whol has Miller & Murray is willing to talk. Getting one of those guys would give me a true RB1 and I could use guys like McKinnon, M. Jones, Foster, & Dixon as Flex options rather than in my RB slot. Wentz is currently my only other QB (and is obviously past his bye) but I am sure another halfway decent option will shake loose as the byes come and go. The strength of my team is that I have A. Brown and J. Jones in my starting WR slots and J. Reed at TE. I feel like getting a true RB1 to go with those guys would really solidify my lineup, but I would ostensibly be taking a step back at the QB position by moving Luck.

WWDCCD?
Id give you my opinion, but I'm the reason you're in this mess. :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

WWDCCD?
And, now Foster has a quad strain, out 4-6 weeks.

:tippytoe

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
And, now Foster has a quad strain, out 4-6 weeks.

:tippytoe
Wait, for real or are you just predicting what will happen next week? I am out & about but just checked and don't see a report reflecting that.

Cotton

Staff member
Wait, for real or are you just predicting what will happen next week? I am out & about but just checked and don't see a report reflecting that.
Sorry, I shouldn't have done that. :lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am starting to realize why Fantasy can become a part time job.

Keeping up with injuries and and available players can be a bitch.

And its only 5 weeks in.:lol

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I amstrting to realize why Fantasy can become a part time job.

Keeping up with injuries and and available players can be a bitch.

And its only 5 weeks in.:lol
I went out last week and got Drew Stanton because Carson Palmer was hurt. It was a waiver pickup, so had to wait until Thursday morning to see if I won the waiver claim. Forgot they played on Thursday night and ended up with Palmer starting while he sat on the bench. Yeah, it can be a bit time consuming, and it is very easy to miss something, especially when you are in 4 leagues like I am.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I went out last week and got Drew Stanton because Carson Palmer was hurt. It was a waiver pickup, so had to wait until Thursday morning to see if I won the waiver claim. Forgot they played on Thursday night and ended up with Palmer starting while he sat on the bench. Yeah, it can be a bit time consuming, and it is very easy to miss something, especially when you are in 4 leagues like I am.
It seems that this is everybody's least important league, I will have to find one with more stakes next year.

Cotton

Staff member
It seems that this is everybody's least important league, I will have to find one with more stakes next year.
Money leagues are where it's at. But, it becomes more competitive, especially the bigger leagues. Hard to find replacement players when you have an injury the more watered down it becomes.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I really need Allen Robinson to quit playing around already. 9 yards? Are you kidding me?

Rev

Staff member
Here is a question for whoever pays more attention to all teams and not just the Cowboys like me....

Situation: I traded early in the year for Forte and came to find that he has the same bye as my other RB. I've tried 3 different trades and not successful for other RBs. I'm in a 14 team league and nothing available on the wire.

Choose 1

Peyton Barber
Mike Gillespe (sp? Buffalo backup)
Jalen Richard

Yep, crappy choices but that's what I'm stuck with.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Here is a question for whoever pays more attention to all teams and not just the Cowboys like me....

Situation: I traded early in the year for Forte and came to find that he has the same bye as my other RB. I've tried 3 different trades and not successful for other RBs. I'm in a 14 team league and nothing available on the wire.

Choose 1

Peyton Barber
Mike Gillespe (sp? Buffalo backup)
Jalen Richard

Yep, crappy choices but that's what I'm stuck with.
Yea that's a crapshoot, think I'd go with Gillislee since they're facing the Bengals who've been pretty bad vs the run

Cotton

Staff member
So....

Andrew Luck vs Houston

or

Kirk Cousins vs Philly?

Cousins has been killing it lately, but he is due an off game. Seems like a coin flip. Thoughts?

Rev

Staff member
Yea that's a crapshoot, think I'd go with Gillislee since they're facing the Bengals who've been pretty bad vs the run
Forgot to give you the update. Went with your suggestion and McCoy ended up leaving the game early. Didn't get any TDs from Gillislee but he had 86 yards rushing I believe. Ended up winning that week so it worked out.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
So....

Andrew Luck vs Houston

or

Kirk Cousins vs Philly?

Cousins has been killing it lately, but he is due an off game. Seems like a coin flip. Thoughts?
Andrew Cousins.

Top Bottom