QB Controversy Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly, I dont play Romo because I want to trade him and not give teams any reason to question trading 1+2rd picks.
I have thought about that too. If Romo plays his trade value will become zero with an injury. As it stands now with a healthy Romo a team like the Cards or Jets may be extremely interested in Romo for draft picks.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You said breakdowns as in plural and then you are assuming Romo would have made the same reads as this guy is seeing.

How many times have we seen Romo throw to Witten for a 4 yard gain when 7 is needed for a 1st down?

I am not saying Dak is not missing reads but he is making the read far more than he is missing and all QB's miss guys who are open.

And after this guy says this.
But take a look at the hashmark on the offensive right, near the 40-yard line. That blur is Geoff Swaim getting ready to blow right by a flatfooted Eric Reid.
Well using blur and Geoff Swaim in the same sentence deserves a bit of side eye.:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Huh?

What do you think happened to Ware?

Either you have no idea how contracts work in the NFL or you just can't be wrong, I seriously don't know which.
Why don't you tell me how the contracts work. My understanding is that once a player under contract returns from an injury they either are played or sit but either way they are paid. Once Romo is declared fit he will be back on the payroll according to the terms. To get rid of him will either have to be a trade or cut but he will still be paid. Show me the error of my ways.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why don't you tell me how the contracts work. My understanding is that a player under contract returns from an injury they either are played or sit but either way they are paid. Once Romo is declared fit he will be back on the payroll according to the terms. To get rid of him will either have to be a trade or cut but he will still be paid. Show me the error of my ways.
:picard

kidd

DCC 4Life
This is getting retarded.

So many here are ringing their hands acting as if playing Romo will stunt Dak's growth. Like If he misses 3 games, he'll NEVER develop.

This is beyond stupid.

What's more is that there are people here using 3 whole games to try and prove an idiotic point that this guy is somehow better than the guy who was 3rd in MVP voting 2 yrs ago.

kidd

DCC 4Life
We have all talked about the potential harm of going back to Romo. So let me put it this way, what is the harm in sticking with Dak? Romo will be here this season.
There is no harm I guess unless you feel that missing the playoffs is potentially harmful. Because, until proven otherwise, Romo gives us the best chance to win.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

So many here are ringing their hands acting as if playing Romo will stunt Dak's growth. Like If he misses 3 games, he'll NEVER develop.

This is beyond stupid.

What's more is that there are people here using 3 whole games to try and prove an idiotic point that this guy is somehow better than the guy who was 3rd in MVP voting 2 yrs ago.
And the key phrase there is TWO YEARS AGO.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
And the key phrase there is TWO YEARS AGO.
This is the part that keeps getting lost by so many people.

He looked mediocre to average at best last season and god awful against Carolina and quite honestly didn't look very good in his limited preseason play.

But people seem to think that he's going to come back and light the league on fire.

I agree that a healthy Romo back in his prime deserves a shot but those days have long passed especially considering his ridiculous contract.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Frankly I don't care which one starts. Either are pretty good options. The point I have been trying to make is that the organization is almost compelled to bring Romo back with the business issues and decisions that now have developed with Prescott current success.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no harm I guess unless you feel that missing the playoffs is potentially harmful. Because, until proven otherwise, Romo gives us the best chance to win.
If Dak starts playing poorly you bench him. So now there is no harm in sticking with Dak. That was easy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Actually it would stunt his growth. Now it might not do it significantly but there is no denying that Dak will improve more by being on the field then by sitting and holding a clip board. Thus his development will be slowed.

I just want to go to the playoffs this year. And right now Dak looks like he gives us the best shot with his mistake free football.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If Dak starts playing poorly you bench him. So now there is no harm in sticking with Dak. That was easy.
True and it works the same the other way. I really don't care which one starts. I want a win from either.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

This is beyond stupid.

I don't recall seeing anyone saying he is better.

I've seen two stances taken by those who support Dak remaining the starter, and they are:

Don't stop Dak's momentum.

Romo may not be the same guy he was 2 seasons ago due to aging and injuries.

Those are both legitimate arguments. I know that's hard for you to come to grips with since you worship at the alter of Lord Romo, but that's reality.

If Romo can come back and be the exact same guy he was in 2014, then that's great. But that's asking a lot. I would prefer to leave Dak in there but that's because I'm just ready to hand this team over to a new generation of players already.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Actually it would stunt his growth. Now it might not do it significantly but there is no denying that Dak will improve more by being on the field then by sitting and holding a clip board. Thus his development will be slowed.

I just want to go to the playoffs this year. And right now Dak looks like he gives us the best shot with his mistake free football.
Exactly.

If we had a very good defense, then I can't say I wouldn't want to at least give Romo a look because if he can play like his healthy self, then we'd have a great shot to make a run.

The problem is that our defense is not SB caliber and I think we're a WC team at best, but I'm ok with that........with Dak starting.

I'd consider a season where we start a rookie QB and rookie RB, field a pretty crappy defense, and yet still make the playoffs a big success. I think this team could really grow from that type of season.

Even if Romo does play well, how much further are they really going to go in the playoffs? Not far enough to warrant removing Dak, IMO.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You saw Romo play in 4 games last year with a retardedly constructed running game, a hobbled Dez and a not fully healed clavicle in 2 of the games, and are declaring that he can't play anymore?

I think that's premature.
Exactly. I understand the belief that we need to move on, but this is different than Brady/Bledsoe.

Bledsoe's style had become completely misaligned with his teams supporting talent for some time before he got hurt. No OL, pedestrian WRs, average running game, strong defense-- not a fit for immobile, big-armed Bledsoe. Meanwhile Brady fit it perfectly with his ball control style as a young QB.

Here it's the opposite. With a healthy Dez and Elliott the Cowboy offense is an AMG Mercedes. Perfect to protect Romo and cater to his passing skills and creativity.

Dak ain't there yet. He will be one day and the time he's spent on the field thus far is gravy. Unlike Romo, Dak hasn't had to carry the team so much as keep it running.

Remember, we've played some bad teams until now.

With this supporting cast, Romo's just better at this point. The beauty is if he gets hurt again, we still have Dak.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Exactly. I understand the belief that we need to move on, but this is different than Brady/Bledsoe.

Bledsoe's style had become completely misaligned with his teams supporting talent for some time before he got hurt. No OL, pedestrian WRs, average running game, strong defense-- not a fit for immobile, big-armed Bledsoe. Meanwhile Brady fit it perfectly with his ball control style as a young QB.

Here it's the opposite. With a healthy Dez and Elliott the Cowboy offense is an AMG Mercedes. Perfect to protect Romo and cater to his passing skills and creativity.

Dak ain't there yet. He will be one day and the time he's spent on the field thus far is gravy. Unlike Romo, Dak hasn't had to carry the team so much as keep it running.

Remember, we've played some bad teams until now.

With this supporting cast, Romo's just better at this point. The beauty is if he gets hurt again, we still have Dak.

It really is this simple.

Top Bottom