BTB: Cowboys playoff picture and rooting guide after the win over Washington

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Can you imagine it coming down to the last game, Eagles have clinched and play their backups, and still beat us to knock us out of the playoffs? :budd
A possible Rage Fire??

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A possible Rage Fire??
Can you imagine the offseason if that happened? Holy hell, this board might meltdown.

p1_

DCC 4Life
QB rating of 93.4 is bad now? I mean come on. At minimum it was an efficient night.

But I'm not sure how you can claim the guy can't rebound when the first 8 games of the season he played great. Like those 3 games are what matter and the other 8 don't? A minimum with the return of Zeke and Tyron Smith you can expect his numbers to get much closer to what he did those first eight games than the last 4. So survive the next 2 games and you're back to that.
The bottom line is this: without Zeke, Dak looks like a 4th round draft pick. He cant currently carry the team.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The bottom line is this: without Zeke, Dak looks like a 4th round draft pick. He cant currently carry the team.
He had the benefit of a strong running game the other night and still looked like a 4th rounder. Jerry is gonna make the same mistake with him the Bills did with Tyrod Taylor.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He had the benefit of a strong running game the other night and still looked like a 4th rounder. Jerry is gonna make the same mistake with him the Bills did with Tyrod Taylor.
No, Jerry will make a much, much worse mistake and give him elite QB money.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Exactly. Without the pure explosiveness Zeke brings (Morris simply doesn't possess), even a strong running game wont get it. As good as Morris was, Dak still puts up meager numbers.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Empty seats like they had on Thursday matter a shit-ton.
They will just mark it down as a midweek game. let this happen on a sunday.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Can you imagine it coming down to the last game, Eagles have clinched and play their backups, and still beat us to knock us out of the playoffs? :budd
Unfortunately yes, I can imagine that.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
QB rating of 93.4 is bad now? I mean come on. At minimum it was an efficient night.

Yes, 5 YPA is pretty dreadful as a matter of fact.

He made a few nice throws and I'm crossing my fingers that it's a sign that he's getting his confidence back and it's a harbinger of things to come for him.

But if we're being honest, he's looked so bad so often the past 4 weeks that I'm highly concerned that we've been seeing the real Dak, as opposed to the artificial prop we get when conditions around him are perfect.

Hopefully my fears are proven unfounded, but it's hard to deny that he's been so bad without Zeke that it's alarming.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He made a few nice throws and I'm crossing my fingers that it's a sign that he's getting his confidence back and it's a harbinger of things to come for him.

But if we're being honest, he's looked so bad so often the past 4 weeks that I'm highly concerned that we've been seeing the real Dak, as opposed to the artificial prop we get when conditions around him are perfect.

Hopefully my fears are proven unfounded, but it's hard to deny that he's been so bad without Zeke that it's alarming.
5 YPA is bad. But he started the game dreadful and ended it much better. And 2 TD passes with no turnovers is good.

Really though we need an explosive WR or TE badly. We just get so little separation out there. And I hate how little we even attempt deep throws even against a single high safety. Like Butler dominates that shit.

p1_

DCC 4Life

He simply cant carry the load. And with Zeke, he doesnt have to.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Dak is a second year player. I think it’s about time everyone let that sink in.

He needs help, and until Thursday he wasn’t getting it from anyone but Morris. And Morris couldn’t help much once they lost leads.

Top Bottom