Giants Stuff...

lostxn

DCC 4Life
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Jerry-Jones-expects-Dallas-Cowboys-LB-Sean-Lee-to-return-vs-New-York-Giants-in-Week-14-111483582

Finally, the Dallas Cowboys won a game without Sean Lee on the field.

That definitely doesn't make them disillusioned to how badly they need the All-Pro linebacker healthy, with the team going winless in their first four games without him this season. The defense is a shell of itself when Lee is on the sideline, the team's 38-14 beatdown of the rival Washington Redskins on Thursday Night Football notwithstanding.

**Follow @VoiceOfTheStar on Twitter for up-to-the-second news and analysis!**

The great news is his stint on the inactives list is over, with owner Jerry Jones proclaiming shortly after the game his expectation for Lee to be suited up when the Cowboys take on the New York Giants on Dec. 10 -- according to The Dallas Morning News.

"We know we got Sean Lee, got a good chance to get back on the field, so we got a lot of things to look forward to if you see something good you want to do again," said Jones. "We just haven't been seeing anything we wanted to do again for the last three games."

The veteran has been battling a nagging hamstring injury and the Cowboys want to make sure there are no further setbacks as they head into a situation wherein they can't afford to lose him yet again, or any additional games. They'll likely need to win out for a shot at landing a Wild Card berth, and even then they'll need assistance from other teams.

With Lee on the way back and running back Ezekiel Elliott set to return the week after, things are definitely beginning to look up.

The Cowboys are scratching and clawing for a run at Super Bowl 52! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

Author
Patrik Walker @VoiceOfTheStar

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Report: Orlando Scandrick suffers injury, could miss Week 14
The veteran CB was playing through some serious pain to help the team get a mandatory win.

Patrik Walker

Orlando Scandrick had one of the worst games of his career, and it's now clear why.

At some point during the Dallas Cowboys' obliteration of the Washington Redskins, the veteran cornerback reportedly suffered an injury that hampered his ability to do much for the rest of the game. According to ESPN insider Todd Archer, Scandrick suffered two transverse process fractures in his back and even with a mini-bye week ahead of them -- he could miss the Dec. 10 battle with the rival New York Giants.

This wouldn't be the first time Scandrick has missed time in 2017, being sidelined in Week 2 after fracturing a bone in his hand. He'd undergo surgery to have a plate inserted and return the next week, proving he's as tough as nails when it's possible. The additional time between Week 13 and Week 14 will help as well, as the Cowboys monitor him closely going forward.

If he's unable to go against the Giants, expect even heavier doses of the youth movement -- with rookie defensive backs Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis leading the way.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Holy shit, he was essentially playing with two broken ribs, essentially. I feel bad for shitting all over him, :shrug

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Transverse process is the bit of the vertebrae that goes horizontally and attaches to the rib. So while it is a vertebrae fracture, it doesn't affect the spine. As a result, you can think of it as a rib fracture.

I understand.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holy shit, he was essentially playing with two broken ribs, essentially. I feel bad for shitting all over him, :shrug
Yeah he looked god awful out there. But at the same time if you physically can't perform, it's on the player to tell someone and get out of the game. You're killing the team playing out there like he did.

Hell I just rewatched that Crowder catch before half that led to the TD. Byron Jones and Scandrick were both right there and did absolutely nothing. They let Crowder come back on the ball and instead of attacking just stood there like idiots. And then when he made the catch Byron inexplicably turned and ran backwards instead of stepping up and making the tackle and Scandrick stood there and did nothing.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
bad ribs made him ignore Grant before the half? interesting.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
bad ribs made him ignore Grant before the half? interesting.
CR55 is right. He shouldn't have been out there. I can't tell you how bad rib injuries hurt. Every breath is agony. He obviously wasn't able to play anywhere near his normal level and should have been in the locker room getting treatment.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jones is such a bitch of a tackler, we really need someone like Ronnie Harrison to light guys up over the middle.

data

Forbes #1
mmmmmm...I think I'm going to have smoke some ribs tonight.

buckup

Brand New Member
It's an injury to the spinal column vs the spinal cord, so while there is no danger of paralysis you can have debilitating pain from it, depending on how bad it is.

From my understanding the TP keeps your vertebrae aligned; I completely shattered mine in my L4 and have chronic back pain. It can make anything from sitting to walking to climbing stairs hurt. Every couple of years I end up going to PT for it. I could see how it make playing cornerback difficult.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
It's an injury to the spinal column vs the spinal cord, so while there is no danger of paralysis you can have debilitating pain from it, depending on how bad it is.

From my understanding the TP keeps your vertebrae aligned; I completely shattered mine in my L4 and have chronic back pain. It can make anything from sitting to walking to climbing stairs hurt. Every couple of years I end up going to PT for it. I could see how it make playing cornerback difficult.
Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Car accident?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jones is such a bitch of a tackler, we really need someone like Ronnie Harrison to light guys up over the middle.
Yeah and if Byron was a play maker in the secondary I could excuse the shit tackling. But he is a jacknife coverage guy. Not really a playmaker but he can at least play good man coverage against big WR's and TEs.

Top Bottom