MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Regardless, their fans are pieces of shit just like the team is.
and dumb as shit. Adam Jones said it was full. That was $10 wasted.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I hope the Rangers get swept and then lose every game next year and fan interest falls off and they move to West Virginia and become the West Virginia Inbreds and become a perennial WS contender.
That won't happen because the players have all their teeth. :art

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Too bad for the Mets but they were just way too injured to feel like they had a chance to advance much further. They gotta get their Pitchers healthy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It seems weird to play 162 games, make the playoffs and then just have one winner take all game in the wildcard round. It puts in on the level of a play-in game when theres a tie. But I guess thats how it has to be with the extra wildcard team if they don't want the WS to go til mid November.

It's better than when I was growing up and there were only 2 divisions in each league and only the two winners made the playoffs and went straight to a best 3 of 5 championship series.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Staff member
It seems weird to play 162 games, make the playoffs and then just have one winner take all game in the wildcard round. It puts in on the level of a play-in game when theres a tie. But I guess thats how it has to be with the extra wildcard team if they don't want the WS to go til mid November.

It's better than when I was growing up and there were only 2 divisions in each league and only the two winners made the playoffs and went straight to a best 3 of 5 championship series.
Don't have a problem with it at all and I have been on the losing end of one of these.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, it's going to be 0-1 for the Rangers.

Like I said before, and it's the same for the Red Sox, how far these teams go in the playoffs is determined by which pitching staff shows up.

They're both capable of pitching well, or pitching poorly. This is not the start the Rangers needed from their staff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cole has been off and on the last month or so. Looks like bad Hamels showed up. I still think we have a chance to win. This season has shown that this team is never out of a game. Just have to have the pen step up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's getting so bad for the Rangers that BJ..... I mean Melvin Upton just homered.

My last impression of that guy was watching him struggle to hit .190 with the Braves.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This is getting ugly.
You're team doesn't play until tonight.

I'll be rooting against them as well. The city of Boston has had too much to cheer for over the last 15 years. Time to share the wealth.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You're team doesn't play until tonight.

I'll be rooting against them as well. The city of Boston has had too much to cheer for over the last 15 years. Time to share the wealth.
I couldn't care less about what other teams in that city have given them reason to celebrate.

All I care about are the Sox, and I hope they get it done.

I've got a good feeling about this team, so we'll see how it goes tonight.

Rev

Staff member
Damn. Texas is getting beat like a rented mule.
Hamels has pitched like this for over a month now. Just bad. I didnt like this matchup to begin with and Texas playoff chances to start off with for a variety of reasons.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hamels has pitched like this for over a month now. Just bad. I didnt like this matchup to begin with and Texas playoff chances to start off with for a variety of reasons.
He has had a good game or two in there, but yeah, he has not been good lately, overall.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Bautista shitting all over the Rangers and their fans.

Top Bottom