Sturm's Morning After: The Feeling of A New Era Being Ushered In

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Amazing thought: if Dak goes on to have a Romo-like career length, we will have gotten 20+ years of Pro Bowl QB play for a fourth round pick only.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I really don't understand all this dialogue painting Romo as some declining QB . I know it's nice to want Dak to continue on with the starting role but it's not an honest assessment to say Romo is no longer a top level player. He is a top flight QB and his biggest problem is obvious to all of us. He can't stay upright. That doesn't mean he has lost or diminished his skills it just means he can stay healthy long enough to use them.

Maybe he suits up again and gets rolled up again but that will have to play itself out. He is still a highly regarded player and legitimately should get another crack at being the starter again.

You can disagree with that but he will still be a highly effective producer when suited up.
Y

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The bad coaching certainly didn't do him any favors, and that defense was a joke.

But some games and some instances, Romo just flat out blew it.

They were all to blame for how crappy that time period was.

The good news for Dak, assuming he ends up being the guy, is that he at least gets the benefit of a staff that believes in running the football, whereas Romo was often the victim of Garrett abandoning it for no reason.

Hopefully he gets a better defense too.
He also is going to benefit from better protection than Romo did the majority of his career.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He also is going to benefit from better protection than Romo did the majority of his career.
That's right.

It really is criminal what this organization surrounded Romo with for most of his career.

Cotton

Staff member
I really don't understand all this dialogue painting Romo as some declining QB . I know it's nice to want Dak to continue on with the starting role but it's not an honest assessment to say Romo is no longer a top level player. He is a top flight QB and his biggest problem is obvious to all of us. He can't stay upright. That doesn't mean he has lost or diminished his skills it just means he can stay healthy long enough to use them.

Maybe he suits up again and gets rolled up again but that will have to play itself out. He is still a highly regarded player and legitimately should get another crack at being the starter again.

You can disagree with that but he will still be a highly effective producer when suited up.
Y
You don't think those two back surgeries and 3 broken collar bones is going to A) make him jumpy in the pocket and B) greatly decrease his evasiveness because he can no longer move as well as he once did, or just flatout doesn't because he afraid of taking a hit if he does? I think the injuries will do both, and that would prove to make him much less of the QB he once was.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Amazing thought: if Dak goes on to have a Romo-like career length, we will have gotten 20+ years of Pro Bowl QB play for a fourth round pick only.
Even better.

A 4th round comp pick we got when Philadelphia signed DeMarco Murray for a failed one year rental.

D

Deuce

Y
You also didn't understand the dialogue about most of us assuming Murray would be a declining RB and why we didn't want to resign him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You don't think those two back surgeries and 3 broken collar bones is going to A) make him jumpy in the pocket and B) greatly decrease his evasiveness because he can no longer move as well as he once did, or just flatout doesn't because he afraid of taking a hit if he does? I think the injuries will do both, and that would prove to make him much less of the QB he once was.
Well that is the question to be answered. Football dishes out a lot of injuries to players. Some recover and pick up their game. Some don't. Romo's situation may already be answered and he may be finished but the only way anyone is going to know positively is for him to suit up and see. It's not automatic either way but I think he has earned a chance to see. Then we will all know with certainty. He was a top flight player before the injury feast. He may still be or he may be done but time will tell.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You also didn't understand the dialogue about most of us assuming Murray would be a declining RB and why we didn't want to resign him.
What I didn't understand about Murray was why he wasn't offered a little better deal than he was. Murray isn't done. He is having a good season with the Titans.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What I didn't understand about Murray was why he wasn't offered a little better deal than he was. Murray isn't done. He is having a good season with the Titans.
Sure is.

It worked out in the end, but I did regret not giving him more at this time last year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
To be fair Murray is looking very solid this year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Peyton Manning came back from ridiculously serious neck surgery and had a great season or two before declining.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I'm fully aware of those numbers, but you're pretending that those games where he threw multiple interceptions to lose games didn't happen. And the argument isn't whether he's a career choker or not, it's whether he was to blame for a lot of those choke jobs and he absolutely was.

He didn't throw a pick 6 against the Steelers in 2008 with under 2 min to go to lose the game?

So he didn't throw 3 picks that led to 24 points against the Giants in 2009 to lose that game?

He didn't have 2 4th quarter turnovers vs the Jets in 2011 that were huge in denying us the win?

He didn't throw 3 interceptions, including 2 pick 6's in the 2nd half of the epic Lions collapse in 2011 to lose that game?

He didn't throw 3 interceptions against the Redskins in the season finale in 2012 to lose that game?

To absolve him of any blame is to deny the truth and pretend that they didn't happen.
You forgot to mention how he wore his cap backwards and sulked on the sidelines instead of showing teh aannggrrraa face!!1!!:jerk:jerk

Cotton

Staff member
Peyton Manning came back from ridiculously serious neck surgery and had a great season or two before declining.
So, Romo is Peyton Manning now.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Even better.

A 4th round comp pick we got when Philadelphia signed DeMarco Murray for a failed one year rental.
That really is the icing on the cake.

The only thing that could have made it better is if Wentz went to the Rams or the Browns.

Talk about giving the middle finger to the Eagles.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Last I checked Peyton Manning was an iron man who never missed a single game before that injury.

Romo.. Not so much.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, Romo is Peyton Manning now.
:nodno

Dude. Never go full jiggy.

That wasn't said at all. He was saying it's possible to come back from a serious injury, not comparing the QBs.

townsend

Banned
Manning was an Iron Man for 12 years before his injury. He didn't miss a game between 1998-2010. From 2006-2010 Romo missed 13 games.

Manning started every game for the next three years for the Broncos. Then missed 4 games in 2015. Romo was battling with recurring back injuries, and broken ribs over the same 3 years, and missed all but 4 games in 2015.

The only thing they have in common is the number of games that they've started this year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:nodno

Dude. Never go full jiggy.

That wasn't said at all. He was saying it's possible to come back from a serious injury, not comparing the QBs.
Seriously.

Here's the thing... I don't know if Romo will be effected by these injuries, mentally. But neither does Iamtdg. Doesn't know any more than I do. Not even a little.

There have been examples both ways. Who knows whether he'll be more jumpy or not? He'll probably be the same jumpy he's been for the past couple years.

The argument of whether Romo should get his job back or not shouldn't be dependent on Iamtdg's Jerry Jones like predictions of Romo's medical situation.

He has either earned the right to have the job back or Dak has earned it based on his own play.

You get these posters who get so entrenched in winning their "Dak should remain starter" arguments though that they start making up things about Romo's past performances and his injury status ("he'll never be able to take a hit again! I've seen the X-Rays!!!")

Top Bottom