Sturm's Morning After: The Feeling of A New Era Being Ushered In

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Speaking of new eras... how about JG's presser yesterday? Was he channeling Bill Belichick or what? Red Ball was all business. I think the media and thier nonsense last week finally pissed him off... at one point, I believe, one of the reporters asked him if he was all right. I hope he keeps it up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Speaking of new eras... how about JG's presser yesterday? Was he channeling Bill Belichick or what? Red Ball was all business. I think the media and thier nonsense last week finally pissed him off... at one point, I believe, one of the reporters asked him if he was all right. I hope he keeps it up.
Really?

Is there a vid on DC.com for that? I'd be interested in seeing him act like something other than a robot.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm fully aware of those numbers, but you're pretending that those games where he threw multiple interceptions to lose games didn't happen. And the argument isn't whether he's a career choker or not, it's whether he was to blame for a lot of those choke jobs and he absolutely was.

He didn't throw a pick 6 against the Steelers in 2008 with under 2 min to go to lose the game?

So he didn't throw 3 picks that led to 24 points against the Giants in 2009 to lose that game?

He didn't have 2 4th quarter turnovers vs the Jets in 2011 that were huge in denying us the win?

He didn't throw 3 interceptions, including 2 pick 6's in the 2nd half of the epic Lions collapse in 2011 to lose that game?

He didn't throw 3 interceptions against the Redskins in the season finale in 2012 to lose that game?

To absolve him of any blame is to deny the truth and pretend that they didn't happen.
Not this bullshit again.

Cherry picking mistakes from random games is something you can do for any qb. :picard

Now go ahead and list the million times Romo came through and delivered. Because otherwise you are full of shit

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not this bullshit again.

Cherry picking mistakes from random games is something you can do for any qb. :picard

Now go ahead and list the million times Romo came through and delivered. Because otherwise you are full of shit
:lol

Cherry picking?

How are those god-awful performances and terrible mistakes at the worst times cherry picking?

They happened, didn't they? And those mistakes and performances in those games were the biggest contributing factor to those losses I specifically mentioned, right?

How the hell can someone pretend that they didn't lose the games I listed because of him?

My goodness, some of you guys just refuse to admit that Romo had a problem with coming up short in big games and with completely falling apart in others.

The 2008-2013 Cowboys had some epic chokes, and they weren't all Romo's fault, but some of them indeed were. Why is that so hard to admit for some of you?

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'm fully aware of those numbers, but you're pretending that those games where he threw multiple interceptions to lose games didn't happen. And the argument isn't whether he's a career choker or not, it's whether he was to blame for a lot of those choke jobs and he absolutely was.

He didn't throw a pick 6 against the Steelers in 2008 with under 2 min to go to lose the game?

So he didn't throw 3 picks that led to 24 points against the Giants in 2009 to lose that game?

He didn't have 2 4th quarter turnovers vs the Jets in 2011 that were huge in denying us the win?

He didn't throw 3 interceptions, including 2 pick 6's in the 2nd half of the epic Lions collapse in 2011 to lose that game?

He didn't throw 3 interceptions against the Redskins in the season finale in 2012 to lose that game?

To absolve him of any blame is to deny the truth and pretend that they didn't happen.
Damn Ace..

Spot. Fucking. On!

And let's not forget the 2013 loss to Denver due to a late Romo INT where we lost 51-48.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Really?

Is there a vid on DC.com for that? I'd be interested in seeing him act like something other than a robot.

At 8:50 Archer asks him, "Are you okay?" :lol

Genghis Khan

Cherry picking?

How are those god-awful performances and terrible mistakes at the worst times cherry picking?

They happened, didn't they? And those mistakes and performances in those games were the biggest contributing factor to those losses I specifically mentioned, right?

How the hell can someone pretend that they didn't lose the games I listed because of him?

My goodness, some of you guys just refuse to admit that Romo had a problem with coming up short in big games and with completely falling apart in others.

The 2008-2013 Cowboys had some epic chokes, and they weren't all Romo's fault, but some of them indeed were. Why is that so hard to admit for some of you?

In other words you are full of shit. Noted.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Damn Ace..

Spot. Fucking. On!

And let's not forget the 2013 loss to Denver due to a late Romo INT where we lost 51-48.
To be clear, I don't think he's this eternal choker.

He was masterful in 2014 and every time he was put in a position to win a big game or drive us down the field for a late score, he did it.

That season gave me full confidence that he could get the job done for us, because before that, I always had that impending doom feeling with him.

I just don't understand how people can absolve him of any blame in those games I mentioned. From 2008-2013, the Cowboys were huge chokers and they all were to blame for it, including Romo.

I just don't see how anyone can argue that.

Genghis Khan

In other words, you live in a fantasy land where you pretend that things that did happen were just a bad dream.

Noted.
You were full of shit about Ware, full of shit about Romo, and full of shit about Dak. Anyone I've missed? I may have lost track.

You are cherry picking bad moments and conveniently ignoring the way, way more good moments to try to manipulate your retarded false narrative.

That's the complete opposite of a logical argument. You realize that, right?

Funny how you dismissed Chocolate Lab's stats without addressing them directly. Guess they aren't convenient to your false narrative. Because they are pretty much GSM against the retarded and patently disproven choker label.

Romo is not just clutch, he's literally all-timer clutch. To run the tired, false, discredited choker idiocy at this point is the height of ignorance and speaks very poorly of your ability to address the inadequacies of your opinions in the face of logic and facts. Good luck with that.

Genghis Khan

To be clear, I don't think he's this eternal choker.

He was masterful in 2014 and every time he was put in a position to win a big game or drive us down the field for a late score, he did it.

That season gave me full confidence that he could get the job done for us, because before that, I always had that impending doom feeling with him.

I just don't understand how people can absolve him of any blame in those games I mentioned. From 2008-2013, the Cowboys were huge chokers and they all were to blame for it, including Romo.

I just don't see how anyone can argue that.
Your argument is literally, Romo isn't perfect. How fucking dumb is that?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You were full of shit about Ware, full of shit about Romo, and full of shit about Dak. Anyone I've missed? I may have lost track.

You are cherry picking bad moments and conveniently ignoring the way, way more good moments to try to manipulate your retarded false narrative.

That's the complete opposite of a logical argument. You realize that, right?

Funny how you dismissed Chocolate Lab's stats without addressing them directly. Guess they aren't convenient to your false narrative. Because they are pretty much GSM against the retarded and patently disproven choker label.

Romo is not just clutch, he's literally all-timer clutch. To run the tired, false, discredited choker idiocy at this point is the height of ignorance and speaks very poorly of your ability to address the inadequacies of your opinions in the face of logic and facts. Good luck with that.
Why would I acknowledge Lab's stats if my argument was never about his career as whole? This detail apparently continues to elude you.

Let's recap for you:

I said the Cowboys between 2008-2013 were known for being big time chokers, and they were.

Chocolate Lab says he thinks the coaches and defenses were more to blame for that than Romo.

I disagreed and said that he was of equal blame because there were plenty of instances in that span where he single-handedly lost games, which he did.

So all that stuff you're spewing is completely irrelevant to the argument because at no point were we discussing his place in history or his career reputation as a whole. It was specifically about a time frame in which the Cowboys had some of the franchise's worst losses.

If you still can't come to grips with that, then I can't help you.

Time to move on.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Your argument is literally, Romo isn't perfect. How fucking dumb is that?
Your reading comprehension sucks today.

See my last post for what the argument is.

I don't know why you're having so much trouble understanding it.

Too much McDonald's, maybe.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Chocolate Lab says he thinks the coaches and defenses were more to blame for that than Romo.
I agree with that. If coaching hadn't continually put us in those types of situations, maybe Romo wouldn't have felt he needed to press to overcome their stupidity. I'm not absolving Romo of his share in it, but the coaches were absolutely more to blame.

I also agree with Geng's point. Pick any QB that has ever played the game. They all have games that they choked away with both mental and physical errors. To try and paint Romo as a choker is ignorant.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree with that. If coaching hadn't continually put us in those types of situations, maybe Romo wouldn't have felt he needed to press to overcome their stupidity. I'm not absolving Romo of his share in it, but the coaches were absolutely more to blame.

I also agree with Geng's point. Pick any QB that has ever played the game. They all have games that they choked away with both mental and physical errors. To try and paint Romo as a choker is ignorant.
The bad coaching certainly didn't do him any favors, and that defense was a joke.

But some games and some instances, Romo just flat out blew it.

They were all to blame for how crappy that time period was.

The good news for Dak, assuming he ends up being the guy, is that he at least gets the benefit of a staff that believes in running the football, whereas Romo was often the victim of Garrett abandoning it for no reason.

Hopefully he gets a better defense too.

Top Bottom