Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at 49ers | Week 4 | 10-02-2016

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Compare to 2004 where only one of the top 8 failed to make the pro bowl, and only 5 of the top 15.

dallen

Senior Tech
Agreed.

Unlike Newman, Roy Williams had the ability to be a great player for a long time. His play in the first 4 seasons of his career was outstanding.

Receivers were scared of him, but he also covered a lot better than people remember.

And to top it all off, the guy had a knack for making a big play when we needed it. Even in 2005, the first year of his weight gain, he made huge plays all year and deserved DPOY recognition.

His career did not become what it should have, and the saddest part is that it was all his fault.
I wouldn't say it was ALL his fault. The greater focus on player safety and the move away from the running game took away a lot of what made him special. He obviously didn't adjust to it well, but I think he would have had a better career if he had come into the league 10 years earlier.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What a year to keep Odell Beckham on your fantasy team. :picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What a year to keep Odell Beckham on your fantasy team. :picard
Amazing how he can take himself out of the game with Cruz and Shepard in there. Just a clown.

D

Deuce

Beckham after last night:

"I just have to understand if I sneeze the wrong way, it will be a flag," he said. "It will be a fine. If I tie my shoes the wrong way, it might be a fine or a flag. It is what it is. You have to understand that. As tough as it is to understand that for a 23-year-old who has been blessed with a lot that God has given to me -- an amazing amount of ability and amazing amount of everything -- it seems like it's all working against you."But what are you going to do? You gonna back down, or you gonna stand up? I've never been one to back down. I'm going to stand up. We're going to work to get better."

What an asshole.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It just means that he doesn't get that he's the problem and he'll continue to do things that hurt his team.

I'm good with that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

"I just have to understand if I sneeze the wrong way, it will be a flag," he said. "It will be a fine. If I tie my shoes the wrong way, it might be a fine or a flag. It is what it is. You have to understand that. As tough as it is to understand that for a 23-year-old who has been blessed with a lot that God has given to me -- an amazing amount of ability and amazing amount of everything -- it seems like it's all working against you."But what are you going to do? You gonna back down, or you gonna stand up? I've never been one to back down. I'm going to stand up. We're going to work to get better."

What an asshole.
What a little bitch.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Beckham has a problem in his head for sure, I don't think he can handle all the attention, fame and all the negative stuff that comes with it.

Great player obviously but the big lights of New York will hold back his potential.

dallen

Senior Tech

What an asshole.
As much as Dez can be annoying at least we aren't committed to this shitbird

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Pretty sure we would have lost another one if it wasnt for Beasley.

data

Forbes #1
Interesting to see if NFL slows/stops its push for OBJ. He quickly got the push, getting documentaries, specials, Play 60 commercials, Madden cover, etc.

data

Forbes #1
40% of the top 5 were huge, immediate busts. 4 of the top 7 and 8 of the top 15 never made the pro bowl. Not good.
Compare to 2004 where only one of the top 8 failed to make the pro bowl, and only 5 of the top 15.
Original post said none of the top 2003 prospects were special, likening it to 2006. i didn't say 2003 was an all-timer like 2004, but there was a solid crop of talent that did emerge.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Leary is arguably better than Collins right now and we have to consider the possibility that this may never change. If Leary continues to play well we might have to consider re-signing him, I mean, are we really in a position to let a 28 year old borderline Pro Bowl caliber player walk?

Next year is the last on Free's deal, he'll be 34 next year, he won't be around much longer. Why not re-sign Leary, move either Collins or Martin to RT and see what happens? Even if that doesn't work out we should still be able to trade Leary.

I get that we can't have steak on every plate but there are some huge deals about to come off the books in the next 2 years, namely Carr's and probably Witten/Romo as well. Then when it's time to re-sign Prescott in a few years Leary will be about 31 and Dez, Lee, and Crawford will be 30+ and ready to come off the books.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Leary is arguably better than Collins right now and we have to consider the possibility that this may never change. If Leary continues to play well we might have to consider re-signing him, I mean, are we really in a position to let a 28 year old borderline Pro Bowl caliber player walk?

Next year is the last on Free's deal, he'll be 34 next year, he won't be around much longer. Why not re-sign Leary, move either Collins or Martin to RT and see what happens? Even if that doesn't work out we should still be able to trade Leary.

I get that we can't have steak on every plate but there are some huge deals about to come off the books in the next 2 years, namely Carr's and probably Witten/Romo as well. Then when it's time to re-sign Prescott in a few years Leary will be about 31 and Dez, Lee, and Crawford will be 30+ and ready to come off the books.
What about Green?

If anything I would let him and Collins fight for the RT job, I am not moving my allpro guard just to fit in a guy who could not solidify his spot.

I am a huge fan of Leary but I am going with youth and upside at this point with Collins.

I am just happy Leary is inflating his worth on the open market to raise that comp pick.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:cry

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Retire then you crazy bastard.