Darren McFadden Waived; Anthony Brown Benched

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ian Rapoport was just on NFL Network and he mentioned that the Cowboys are benching Anthony Brown and waiving Darren McFadden.

:lol

Yeah, that'll fix our problems.

1bigfan13

Staff member

midswat

... soon
Source: RB Darren McFadden will be released today so he can try to land a job w/ another team. Mutual agreement. The vet was getting no time behind Alfred Morris & Rod Smith.

1bigfan13

Staff member
During his segment, Rapoport also mentioned that the players are starting to grumble about our game plans being too simplistic and predictable. Someone mentioned that Phillip Rivers was calling out just about every Cowboys blitz as if he were in the huddle.

Basically validating all the stuff we've been bitching about lately.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
During his segment, Rapoport also mentioned that the players are starting to grumble about our game plans being too simplistic and predictable. Someone mentioned that Phillip Rivers was calling out just about every Cowboys blitz as if he were in the huddle.

Here's the video of it

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Great. This means a first round cornerback in April.

1bigfan13

Staff member
And if he warrants where he's selected, I would be perfectly fine with it. We need help on the back end.
Aside from the kickers, RB, and OL, I'd be fine using a 1st round on any other position on the roster.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Aside from the kickers, RB, and OL, I'd be fine using a 1st round on any other position on the roster.
You'll get a Taco/Byron Jones type player and f'n like it!

midswat

... soon

Nonsense. Players just aren’t executing. Need to stay focused and stack good days and we’ll get this turned around.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Championship.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Source: RB Darren McFadden will be released today so he can try to land a job w/ another team. Mutual agreement. The vet was getting no time behind Alfred Morris & Rod Smith.
And if he warrants where he's selected, I would be perfectly fine with it. We need help on the back end.
We need offensive help just as bad. Drafting another corner in the first to play in Marinelli shitty scheme would be moronic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We need offensive help just as bad. Drafting another corner in the first to play in Marinelli shitty scheme would be moronic.
Marinelli being kept around to even be a factor is what is moronic.

1bigfan13

Staff member
One of our first 3 picks needs to be a WR. Also, I'd love it if we were able to land Oklahoma's TE, Mark Andrews.

That guy reminds me of Gronk. Big guy who moves well and has reliable hands.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep we need play makers on offense badly. We pretty much ignored that side of the ball last off-season. We can't do that again.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
One of our first 3 picks needs to be a WR. Also, I'd love it if we were able to land Oklahoma's TE, Mark Andrews.

That guy reminds me of Gronk. Big guy who moves well and has reliable hands.
Fuck I wish we could see what we have in Zeus. That guy looked like a world-beater in the preseason. Yeah, screw drafting a TE. We got plenty of serviceable TEs. Roll Witten out one last year if he'll have us (he probably won't).

WR, S, LB, DT are our biggest needs IMHO. The WR has to be a deep threat. A QB might not be a bad idea either. I would give Rush some serious PT to see if he can push Dak. Dak seems to do better with another guy behind him. Or maybe that was just coincidental. I dunno but we need better play out of him.

Top Bottom