Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at 49ers | Week 4 | 10-02-2016

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The refs just didn't call much of anything in this game. It's not like the 49ers got called for a bunch of penalties. There was the PI on Witten for example that never got called either. Plus we got that personal foul on Butler that could have easily been not called as well. I honestly appreciated that the refs didn't try to control the whole game.
Same here. I'm glad they didn't over-officiate the game. They let the players play.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
TheTicket saying refs were horrible in favor of the Cowboys.

not calling Chaz Green once for false start
tacky tack QB roughing passer call on Dak
no defensive holding called on Anthony Brown on 3rd down for SF
Feh.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Black Weiner and Sterling Moore starring in the Saints secondary

dallen

Senior Tech
Black Weiner with the game clinching Int for the Saints

1bigfan13

Staff member
Mo Claiborne played a hell of a game. Never thought I type that.

He's easily been our best CB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They missed a couple of those on the 49ers as well.

The refs just weren't calling that infraction tonight.
I noticed the 49ers OT did the same thing a couple times. The refs were very consistent with how they called the game. Again, I can't stand when officials throw flags every other play. So I'm really glad that they called this game the way they did. Let the players decide who wins and not the officials.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Forgot to mention, Anthony Brown held his own as well. He looks like he could be a steal, a la Orlando Scandrick back in 2008.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah you can just see the confidence building more and more by the game. Corners are funny like that. I thought Brown played well today also. I know he gave up a couple passes but he also broke some stuff up and he was consistently right there in coverage.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

No doubt. Brown was damn good, as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Forgot to mention, Anthony Brown held his own as well. He looks like he could be a steal, a la Orlando Scandrick back in 2008.
Absolutely.

data

Forbes #1
He takes way more risks though.
He does but I'm sure our defense really appreciates Dak not screwing them like that.
You can be too conservative ala Trent Dilfer throwing 3 yard passes when it's 3rd & 7.

Dak's not that. He may not be throwing 20+ yard passes every drive, but he's not dinking dunking, either. His throws are usually right at the sticks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also it was kind of nice to see the Patriots perform like you would expect with shit at QB. Obviously it doesn't mean much since Brady's return will change everything. Still it's nice to see them get goose egged.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can be too conservative ala Trent Dilfer throwing 3 yard passes when it's 3rd & 7.

Dak's not that. He may not be throwing 20+ yard passes every drive, but he's not dinking dunking, either. His throws are usually right at the sticks.
Yeah Dak averaged over 7 yards a throw. Which is on par with many of Romo's seasons.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have to love that Dak on an "off" day was still able to put together a big time performance. I mean he was throwing balls to Williams and Butler for gods sake. Also I guess Bipo is no longer calling Zeke "Richardson."

Top Bottom