Chargers Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, but both teams get the same amount of time at half, so...
:lol

I was just about to say the same thing. Funny how other teams have time to make adjustments.

It's almost like they prepare ahead of time for adjustments. Like, if they do this we'll adjust and do that. It's almost like a good coach has seen some shit and knows how to counter most of the things teams can throw at you. And it's almost as if, if you are prepared for the different things a team can throw at you, it doesn't take all that long to adjust to it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You seriously can't tell? That article is definitely Spags approved :lol
Nothing out of the ordinary but it was a deflection piece that picks at conventional misconception. Yes, halftime adjustments are talked about way too much. But it is deflection to assume that adjustments, whether they come in the first quarter, second, third or even fourth are not possible. They occur in every game and yes, they result in people getting outcoached.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Nothing out of the ordinary but it was a deflection piece that picks at conventional misconception. Yes, halftime adjustments are talked about way too much. But it is deflection to assume that adjustments, whether they come in the first quarter, second, third or even fourth are not possible. They occur in every game and yes, they result in people getting outcoached.
Yep. Good coaches can make changes throughout a game based on the way things are playing out. Garrett probably spent too much time around Ernie "Air Coryell" Zampese although Zampese wasn't afraid to run the ball, especially when it was working.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

I was just about to say the same thing. Funny how other teams have time to make adjustments.

It's almost like they prepare ahead of time for adjustments. Like, if they do this we'll adjust and do that. It's almost like a good coach has seen some shit and knows how to counter most of the things teams can throw at you. And it's almost as if, if you are prepared for the different things a team can throw at you, it doesn't take all that long to adjust to it.
The way it looks to me, Garrett and Co., do a decent job of preparing for tendencies and if teams play to their nature, they usually can get by.

But when opponents figure out what we are doing and then get creative in reaction, the staff just loses it and looks completely stunned.

It is almost like the players are overcoached, then get overwhelmed and paralyzed when the things that were pounded into them all week suddenly evaporate because the other team decided to modify what they do.

And that stupid fucking habit Garrett when he wins coin tosses has to stop. Teams are basically planning on that first second half possession being one they can count on to exploit weaknesses. It even seems like they like to save up for it because they know how we will respond, which is by freaking out.

That is why Elliott is so important. It allows us to get back into football games and emotionally calms things down when behind like that and control it physically when we are ahead.

Garrett simply has big problems handling momentum, both opportunities to seize and responding to it when it shifts.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yep. Good coaches can make changes throughout a game based on the way things are playing out. Garrett probably spent too much time around Ernie "Air Coryell" Zampese although Zampese wasn't afraid to run the ball, especially when it was working.
Garrett isn't an x's and o's guy at all per Romo

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Garrett isn't an x's and o's guy at all per Romo
That is pretty obvious since he has no philosophy of his own.

A lot of coaches change and evolve over time. He is so limited from a technical aspect that he is incapable of doing anything else.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The way it looks to me, Garrett and Co., do a decent job of preparing for tendencies and if teams play to their nature, they usually can get by.

But when opponents figure out what we are doing and then get creative in reaction, the staff just loses it and looks completely stunned.

It is almost like the players are overcoached, then get overwhelmed and paralyzed when the things that were pounded into them all week suddenly evaporate because the other team decided to modify what they do.

And that stupid fucking habit Garrett when he wins coin tosses has to stop. Teams are basically planning on that first second half possession being one they can count on to exploit weaknesses. It even seems like they like to save up for it because they know how we will respond, which is by freaking out.

That is why Elliott is so important. It allows us to get back into football games and emotionally calms things down when behind like that and control it physically when we are ahead.

Garrett simply has big problems handling momentum, both opportunities to seize and responding to it when it shifts.
Yep.

data

Forbes #1
That is pretty obvious since he has no philosophy of his own.

A lot of coaches change and evolve over time. He is so limited from a technical aspect that he is incapable of doing anything else.
From Garrett's coach learning experience, the only philosophy he knows is to abandon ship, leave everyone's dick in their hands and coach Alabama. Garrett's an overachiever in comparison. ROLL BOYZ

data

Forbes #1
Ideally, I'd like to see Dak play well...with the blame clearly and undeniably aimed at Garrett and his band of merry retards.
I don't think you can separate Dak and Garrett's fate. If Garrett goes, Dak's gotta go first.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think you can separate Dak and Garrett's fate. If Garrett goes, Dak's gotta go first.
I don't think Prescott is tied to him at all.

His rookie year was so impressive, the idea of reclaiming that far outweighs Garrett.

If you believe this, Garrett gets a year at least possibly two to last out the rookie deal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From Garrett's coach learning experience, the only philosophy he knows is to abandon ship, leave everyone's dick in their hands and coach Alabama. Garrett's an overachiever in comparison. ROLL BOYZ
Alabama would never have him.

data

Forbes #1
I don't think Prescott is tied to him at all.

His rookie year was so impressive, the idea of reclaiming that far outweighs Garrett.

If you believe this, Garrett gets a year at least possibly two to last out the rookie deal.
Most likely, I think Garrett and Dak are replaced at the same time when we get a Top 5 pick, presumable for a blue chip WB.

Only way I see Dak outlasting Garrett is if Dak goes Dan Fouts prolific, but we still end up consecutive seasons without playoffs. Garrett lasted three straight 8-8, but he won’t last another consecutive. But I dont see Dak going Fouts.

data

Forbes #1
Alabama would never have him.
yeah, they actually are willing to provide grocery-shopping powers for top coach recruiting ability. We have to select from a bunch of Gilligans happy to be slapped on the head by Skipper’s hat.

data

Forbes #1
Tomorrow’s game will be interesting if Chargers start 14-0.

Top Bottom