Chargers Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not that any of it even matters at this point.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ideally, I'd like to see Dak play well. Show some poise, and accuracy from the pocket. And no further injuries. But saying that, I still would like to see us embarrassed at home, on national TV. With a couple huge coaching gaffs thrown in.

Give me a 45-21 Thanksgiving day smashing with the blame clearly and undeniably aimed at Garrett and his band of merry retards. Let's get the ball rolling on the media talking continually how bad the Dallas coaching is. Garrett out on his ass is all I want for Christmas.

midswat

... soon
Ideally, I'd like to see Dak play well. Show some poise, and accuracy from the pocket. And no further injuries. But saying that, I still would like to see us embarrassed at home, on national TV. With a couple huge coaching gaffs thrown in.

Give me a 45-21 Thanksgiving day smashing with the blame clearly and undeniably aimed at Garrett and his band of merry retards. Let's get the ball rolling on the media talking continually how bad the Dallas coaching is. Garrett out on his ass is all I want for Christmas.
The whole time with Garretts red face blank stare 100mph gum chomping.

I’d be okay with all of the above.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Same here.

I actually like this group of players.

It's not like the 2011-2013 group that was largely made up of softies who I didn't really care for.

I like this group we have now and I think they're scrappy. So I have no issues with most of them.

But this staff is just awful, with the biggest culprit being Garrett. So like you, I'd like for the individual players to do as well as possible with the team succumbing to being poorly coached and ill-prepared.

I want it to be to the point where the coaching shortcomings can no longer be ignored.

Cotton

Staff member
Are we not already there?
Oh no, it takes Jerry a helluva lot longer than the normal person to see the obvious. Or, more likely, he takes longer to accept the obvious.

Cotton

Staff member
Tyron taking first string snaps in practice today, FWIW.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
The whole time with Garretts red face blank stare 100mph gum chomping.

I’d be okay with all of the above.

So we have moved from there being no shot of him getting fired to losing badly enough may, indeed, be enough?

midswat

... soon
So we have moved from there being no shot of him getting fired to losing badly enough may, indeed, be enough?
Honestly I think no matter what, his seat is safe as long as jerry is alive. The only hope we would have, however, is if he keeps getting exposed like he has been.

That said, even if we lost 35-0 each week until the end of the season, Jerry might be too distracted with his war with Goodell to take on a coaching search.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Honestly I think no matter what, his seat is safe as long as jerry is alive. The only hope we would have, however, is if he keeps getting exposed like he has been.

That said, even if we lost 35-0 each week until the end of the season, Jerry might be too distracted with his war with Goodell to take on a coaching search.

I disagree with the last part. I think Stephen is wielding enough influence to make it happen if things were bad enough.

midswat

... soon
What we learned from the Chargers' rout of the Bills

Here’s what we learned in the Chargers’ 54-24 victory Sunday against the Buffalo Bills:

1. The defense is not to be messed with

Cornerback Casey Hayward wasn’t as polite as the rest of his teammates. He didn’t hide the fact that he felt disrespected by the Buffalo Bills’ decision to bench Tyrod Taylor before the game with the Chargers, instead trotting rookie Nathan Peterman onto the field for his first start.

When the news made its way to Los Angeles, people around the Chargers’ facility, like Hayward, wondered if it was the best idea to try a rookie against the Chargers’ dominant pass rushers, as well as their cornerbacks.

It turned out that everyone other than the Bills’ coach knew Peterman’s fate.

The rookie, a victim of tons of pressure from the defensive line and great play from the Chargers’ secondary, had five passes intercepted in the first half.

Hayward, in particular, was terrific and is firmly on track to make his second consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl.

Chargers' eyes lit up with prospect of facing a rookie QB, and then they light up scoreboard in rout of Buffalo
Aside from how well they played on the field, it’s clear this group has developed an attitude with which they can really put their mark on games. With the offense sputtering this season, the Chargers need it.

With tons of swagger and tons of confidence, the Chargers’ defense has put together a nice stretch of dominance and, rookie quarterback or not, they’re a tough task for anyone.

2. The offense finds it balance

The Chargers have had to answer questions about their offensive rhythm since the first week of the season — with good reason.

Hopes were high for the offense, but it’s herked and jerked its way down the field without ever getting to a comfortable, smooth pace. In the first nine games this season, the team has scored on back-to-back possessions only five times.

But energized by an early defensive score and some prime field position, the team and Philip Rivers had their best day of the season.

The Chargers scored on seven straight possessions. They got the ball to their best players in places where they could make plays — particularly Keenan Allen, who was unguardable. They didn’t take any wildly unnecessary risks, they ran the ball with consistency and they marched up and down the field.

It’s unrealistic to expect the Chargers’ offense to look like this every week, but at least on Sunday the team proved that it actually is capable of breaking out like this.

3. The Chargers’ season isn’t dead yet

Winning on Sunday means the Chargers can still say they’re in the playoff hunt without being called delusional. With every team in the AFC West losing on Sunday, including the Chiefs in New York against the Giants, the Chargers gained ground in the division and the conference.

The final wild-card spot, if the season ended now, would go to the .500 Baltimore Ravens. Chasing them are the Bills, who lost by 30 on Sunday, and a cluster of teams at 4-6, including the Chargers.

A win on Thursday against the Cowboys would make the playoffs a very real possibility thanks to the mediocrity of the rest of the conference.

midswat

... soon
Chargers' top pick Mike Williams is finally working his way into the game plan

It has been nearly seven months since the Chargers took receiver Mike Williams with the No. 7 overall pick in the draft, and they’re finally beginning to see results.

Williams played a season-high 41 snaps Sunday in the Chargers’ 54-24 victory over the Buffalo Bills, catching five passes on eight targets in what was his biggest involvement in a game to date.

“Yeah, it felt like a normal game to me. Just to get a chance to get balls thrown to me and get some targets, I just felt like I was back in college again,” he said. “In college I got a lot of balls thrown my way, so I feel like I got a lot of targets in that game, and a lot of opportunities to make plays.”

Williams didn’t come down with the one big play with which he was tasked, a potential touchdown pass from Philip Rivers in the first half that bounced out of his hands with a defender all over him.

While it would’ve been a tough play to make for his first career touchdown, it was one Williams said he should’ve made.

“I’ve made that catch 90 out of 91 times,” Williams said. “That was on me. I should have come down with that one.”

Williams has been slowly pushed into the Chargers’ fold since sitting out nearly all of the offseason and the entire preseason because of a lower-back injury. He made his debut in the Chargers’ victory over Oakland in Week 6.

“I think he’s shown why he’s the seventh pick in the draft,” coach Anthony Lynn said. “He did some physical things really well. He’s getting better and better every single week. If he continues to do that, he will get more targets.”

What we learned from the Chargers' rout of the Bills
Williams’ confidence appears to be on the rise along with his snap counts, a sign of the team’s belief in him.

“Each week you can tell he’s getting more confident, he’s getting better at his routes, getting more confident going up for the ball,” cornerback Casey Hayward said. “Hopefully this week he can continue to get better. … He was targeted some more, so hopefully that seventh pick can really show what he can do when he’s really healthy.”

Rest and recover

The Chargers typical game-week routine has been altered with the team playing Dallas on Thanksgiving, forcing Lynn and the Chargers to put physical recovery ahead of practice time.

“That’s the most important part of this week, the recovery part,” he said. “We have to do everything we can to help these men recover and get back on their feet so they can play with the energy and passion they need to play with.”

The team will do a more intense film study and won’t hold a full-speed workout before they face the Cowboys. Lynn said the coaching staff didn’t even evaluate the Chargers’ performance Sunday because of the time crunch.

“You have to make sure you don’t do too much on a short week like this,” Lynn said. “The plays that go on better be the ones that count because you better make sure you have enough bullets when you go out and play on Thursday night. That’s the most challenging part, it’s doing too much.”

No bad blood

During the first quarter of the Chargers’ win, Lynn and Rivers were caught on camera in the midst of a heated exchange. Monday, Lynn downplayed the confrontation.

“Philip plays with a lot of fire, plays with a lot of emotions. I like that,” Lynn said. “I think those emotions are what make him the player that he is today. Sometimes we have different opinions on things. We talk it out. We yell it out. Whatever it takes. But at the end of the day, we’re on the same page.”

Etc.

Rookie running back Austin Ekeler, who scored his fifth touchdown Sunday, said he’s embracing his role as the team’s third-down running back, though it’s a challenge. “I'm used to being in the whole game in college, and now I'm not getting to play in the whole games. I'm not getting in the rhythm as I might have in college, so now I just have to be ready all the time,” Ekeler said. “I don't know when I'm going in, but when I go in, I've got to be ready, understand what they're trying to do in situations, with blitzes and things of that nature. So it's more of getting a feel of the game from the sideline would be the biggest transition.” … Lynn said he was hopeful defensive end Chris McCain would be able to play Thursday after sitting out Sunday because of a hamstring injury. … The Chargers will hold their only formal practice of the week on Tuesday.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The Chargers' edge rushers are going to eat this patchwork crap of an OL for lunch, I'd be shocked to see anything but that. I hope they're not rushing Tyron back before he's 100%, whether he took first team reps today or not but if a loss helps lead to Garrett's sorry ass being fired at some point, I'm all for it. He's had plenty of time to show he's not an inept HC but I think it's well proven after all this time.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

I think a co-gameday thread by myself and middie can accomplish this.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Are we not already there?
They can be ignored by those with millions invested in believing he can take us to a championship in spite of those shortcomings.

Add to it utter puppet status and Garrett will always be able to scratch Jerry’s itches.

Garrett could be caught skullfucking Charlotte Jones corpse today and still be coaching tomorrow.

midswat

... soon
The Chargers' edge rushers are going to eat this patchwork crap of an OL for lunch,
I think with Tyron back we hold up well. If he doesn't play, then Byron Bell mostly held up well against much better edge rushers than what the Falcons gave us. And I think the Eagles DL is better than the Chargers as well. I'm mostly concerned with what the Chargers offense will do to our defense .... after half time I mean.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think with Tyron back we hold up well. If he doesn't play, then Byron Bell mostly held up well against much better edge rushers than what the Falcons gave us. And I think the Eagles DL is better than the Chargers as well. I'm mostly concerned with what the Chargers offense will do to our defense .... after half time I mean.
I don't know if it's a cover Garrett's ass piece or not but there's an article on DC.com about how little time there is to try and adjust game plans during halftime, just a couple of minutes. I never thought about it before but if it's true it makes sense. To sum it up, it basically said that Dallas was simply outplayed Sunday and that much is definitely true.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/11/22/sham-do-not-adjust-second-half-problem-not-your-set

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know if it's a cover Garrett's ass piece or not but there's an article on DC.com about how little time there is to try and adjust game plans during halftime, just a couple of minutes. I never thought about it before but if it's true it makes sense. To sum it up, it basically said that Dallas was simply outplayed Sunday and that much is definitely true.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/11/22/sham-do-not-adjust-second-half-problem-not-your-set
Yeah, but both teams get the same amount of time at half, so...

Top Bottom