QB Controversy Thread...

kidd

DCC 4Life
And, after he came back.
You'll have to pardon me for not putting stock into your analysis.

After all, you have criticized Romo for how he wears his hat, not having enough fire in his eyes on the sideline, oh and also tried to blame him for losing to Green Bay because he threw a pass to Dez that was ruled incomplete instead of checking down to Beasley. :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You'll have to pardon me for not putting stock into your analysis.

After all, you have criticized Romo for how he wears his hat, not having enough fire in his eyes on the sideline, oh and also tried to blame him for losing to Green Bay because he threw a pass to Dez that was ruled incomplete instead of checking down to Beasley. :lol
To be honest, I don't give a shit what you put stock in.

D

Deuce

Ok man. If you say so.

Good thing some of you never coached the Pats. Matt Cassell would have taken over the reigns from Brady a long time ago. :lol
Good thing you never coached the Pats, otherwise Bledsoe would have taken his starters role back from Brady to begin with.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Sure, in his prime Romo is better than a most guys.

But 36 year old Romo coming off multiple back surgeries and broken collarbones is pretty close to what Bledsoe was.
Well we are gonna get a chance to find out. Sorry.

D

Deuce

Well we are gonna get a chance to find out. Sorry.
I know we will, everyone did. Romo is too close to this staff and front office to have his job "stolen".

Im just dreading the inevitable barn burner game where he throws 3 INTs to hurt us and take yet another chance at achieving the ultimate goal. Especially when the guy watching on the sidelines seems to be this playmaker who is also safe and efficient.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know we will, everyone did. Romo is too close to this staff and front office to have his job "stolen".

Im just dreading the inevitable barn burner game where he throws 3 INTs to hurt us and take yet another chance at achieving the ultimate goal. Especially when the guy watching on the sidelines seems to be this playmaker who is also safe and efficient.
I just don't know how you can do that if Dak is 5-1 as a starter or even 4-2. It defies logic to me but you're right. Garrett is best buddies with Romo, no way he doesn't hand him the job back regardless of how well Dak plays. And then we will see how long Romo goes before he gets hurt again.

hstour

Brand New Member
Tap the brakes a little. Dak hasn't beaten a team with a winning record yet.

He was off in his throws some today, but I would never expect ANY player to not have on off day. And to win on a slightly off day is a good thing.

But two pretty good teams come up over the next two weeks. A lot will be determined against them.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I just don't know how you can do that if Dak is 5-1 as a starter or even 4-2. It defies logic to me but you're right. Garrett is best buddies with Romo, no way he doesn't hand him the job back regardless of how well Dak plays. And then we will see how long Romo goes before he gets hurt again.
And then Dak comes back. BFD.

So again why not give the veteran a chance to prove himself?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And then Dak comes back. BFD.

So again why not give the veteran a chance to prove himself?
Because you're winning games, why chance it? And if Romo gets hurt again his trade value drops to zero after this year. Why disrupt what Dak is doing if he is winning?

kidd

DCC 4Life
Because you're winning games, why chance it? And if Romo gets hurt again his trade value drops to zero after this year. Why disrupt what Dak is doing if he is winning?
Because regardless of what you say, when healthy, Romo gives us a better chance until he proves otherwise.

townsend

Banned
Tap the brakes a little. Dak hasn't beaten a team with a winning record yet.

He was off in his throws some today, but I would never expect ANY player to not have on off day. And to win on a slightly off day is a good thing.

But two pretty good teams come up over the next two weeks. A lot will be determined against them.
The "against a winning team" metric is skewed this early in the season. If Dak had gone undefeated he still wouldn't have beaten a winning team. The Giants would be 1-2 if they'd lost in week 1. The Redskins would be 3-1 if they'd beaten us.

Top Bottom