Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at 49ers | Week 4 | 10-02-2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whatever Dak is most comfortable with is what I go with. The short passing game just complements the running game in maintaining an advantage in TOP, so I'm perfectly okay with it.
And it seems to be working in helping our defense play well. We aren't giving up 30-40 points like many other NFL teams.

data

Forbes #1
Go to NFL.com and go to the Cowboys game center. They have a video for every Zeke play. It's beautiful.

Observation - Zeke consistently getting 4+ Ypc, yet I don't recall a single PA pass......

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Go to NFL.com and go to the Cowboys game center. They have a video for every Zeke play. It's beautiful.

Observation - Zeke consistently getting 4+ Ypc, yet I don't recall a single PA pass......
We had a PA with Williams running across the field for what would've been a 30 yard or so gain, but Dak didn't seem too confident in that look.

Williams was open and the opportunity was there to be made, but I think it was one of those covered in college but open in the NFL kind of deals and Dak didn't want to risk it.

Cotton

Staff member
We had a PA with Williams running across the field for what would've been a 30 yard or so gain, but Dak didn't seem too confident in that look.

Williams was open and the opportunity was there to be made, but I think it was one of those covered in college but open in the NFL kind of deals and Dak didn't want to risk it.
It's amazing that he has that kind of poise already.

Cotton

Staff member
WTF is up with this team and back issues?

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Zeke breaking ankles...

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Did anyone else notice that Dunbar was Lucky's up-man yesterday? That was Rod Smith's job. My guess is Smith is the cut when Lawrence comes back.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Glad he made the play and it's going to serve as another building block towards his confidence in what has been a very solid season for him so far.

But it's also a reminder to be cautiously optimistic because that should have been a TD and he's been very fortunate at multiple times this season to not have allowed a deep TD when he was beat.

If Cousins and Gabbert make better throws, Claiborne's season, while still promising, isn't being looked at with the same view as it is now if multiple deep ball TD's are also on his resume for through 4 weeks.

Good signs, but let's just wait and see on him, as L.T. would say.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's amazing that he has that kind of poise already.
Well, the throw was there to be made and Romo completes it.

I'm good with him being safe with the football and have no complaints about him holding on to that one yesterday, but going forward, it's the kind of throw he's going to have to learn to take and make if we're going to beat the better teams in the league later in the season.

But through 4 games, there is nothing to complain about with the guy. He's been excellent.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, the throw was there to be made and Romo completes it.

I'm good with him being safe with the football and have no complaints about him holding on to that one yesterday, but going forward, it's the kind of throw he's going to have to learn to take and make if we're going to beat the better teams in the league later in the season.

But through 4 games, there is nothing to complain about with the guy. He's been excellent.
But, that's what I mean. To not throw the passes you aren't comfortable with just yet shows an immense amount of composure. That's so rare in young QBs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Zeke breaking ankles...

The cut inside followed by the cut outside was a thing of beauty.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
But, that's what I mean. To not throw the passes you aren't comfortable with just yet shows an immense amount of composure. That's so rare in young QBs.
Yup.

I'm all good with it. In a game that close, even one turnover makes the difference and him protecting the football was a huge factor in winning yesterday.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Glad he made the play and it's going to serve as another building block towards his confidence in what has been a very solid season for him so far.

But it's also a reminder to be cautiously optimistic because that should have been a TD and he's been very fortunate at multiple times this season to not have allowed a deep TD when he was beat.

If Cousins and Gabbert make better throws, Claiborne's season, while still promising, isn't being looked at with the same view as it is now if multiple deep ball TD's are also on his resume for through 4 weeks.

Gabbert was hit in the pocket which affected the throw and Qb's miss throws every week, on this play yes Smith had a step but it also looked like he was tracking the ball the whole way so we don't know if he could have never made a play.

dallen

Senior Tech

Supposedly Byron Jones was supposed to have deep coverage but he jumped another route

Top Bottom