Terry Glenn Dead

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:sad

Man, this news saddens me.

I know he isn't recalled by the fans as this Cowboy great or anything, but Terry Glenn was a really really good WR and I was a big fan of his while he was here.

He was such a good player in all of the fundamental aspects of the position -- outstanding route runner, great hands, and man could he make some unbelievable catches. He was a true professional in his entire time here and the only regret I had during his tenure in Dallas was that he wasn't healthy enough to be part of that elite 2007 offense.

As amazing as that offense was, just imagine how much better it would have been with him.

Rest In Peace, TG.

midswat

... soon
RIP.

Still remember the day we traded for him. Stole him for a 7th rounder IIRC. I can't be "sad" over this loss, but it definitely sucks.

Going to try to find my favorite Glenn highlight on YouTube to post. Couldn't find it last time I looked years ago though.

Edit: Still can't find it. I was at the game in 2006, and Glenn ran right at Sean Taylor deep, and put a move on Taylor that got him turned around. Glenn then broke towards the corner of the endzone and caught a deep touchdown pass. It was beautiful. Loved that it happened to Taylor too because I posted on the espn boards a little back then and the redskins fans were always obnoxious when it came to Taylor.

Damn... both of them are passed on now. Kind of fucked up if you think about it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This sucks. He was a really good player for us. RIP

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This sucks. He was a really good player for us. RIP

Thanks for posting, but whoever created that video is a moron.

In an attempt to show off his editing skills, all the guy does is make it to where you can't truly enjoy the highlights because the clips are either really short or they have too much going on with them with the overdone effects.

Dumb.

Cotton

Staff member
Thanks for posting, but whoever created that video is a moron.

In an attempt to show off his editing skills, all the guy does is make it to where you can't truly enjoy the highlights because the clips are either really short or they have too much going on with them with the overdone effects.

Dumb.
It gets better later in the video, but yeah the first part of it was too choppy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Still remember the day we traded for him. Stole him for a 7th rounder IIRC. I can't be "sad" over this loss, but it definitely sucks.
Yea. back when we had Parcells and were a proactive organization.

Now, the roster is just set.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
R.I.P.

One of the best "Parcells' guys" to be brought in.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Imagine Terrence Williams attempting to make that 2nd catch there.

:lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He had a bunch of personal problems after football. Hope he wasn't DUIing.

But yeah, RIP.

Cotton

Staff member
From Drew Bledsoe's IG account:

drewbledsoe

Loved this man. My son asked me a decade ago who my favorite receiver ever was because he wanted that jersey for Christmas. He got a Terry Glenn jersey from Santa. TG overcame horrible adversity to become a really good man. May your soul rest in peace my friend.

Cotton

Staff member
I did not know this...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
A nifty little receiver who could never fully shake the injury bug. Something screwy happened with him in the end zone in that Seattle playoff game, but I can't remember what it was.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
A nifty little receiver who could never fully shake the injury bug. Something screwy happened with him in the end zone in that Seattle playoff game, but I can't remember what it was.
20-13 game, late 4th quarter, ball near our own endzone.

Screen pass, stumbled, fumbled the ball, results in a safety and the ensuing possession is when Seattle takes the lead.

The rest is history.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION]

I don't know if this is the one you're looking for, but this to me was the most amazing catch he ever made as a Cowboy:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I hadn't thought of him in awhile but he was a good receiver overall and 43 is way too fricking young. He was a true "Parcells Guy". RIP, sir.

Top Bottom