Are we looking at the 2010 Cowboys?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Let's hope so.

Last week it was an embarrassing loss to Atlanta, this week to the Eagles. If they lose by 20 or more to the Chargers is it enough to make Jerry Jones do some serious soul searching about his head coach position?

Right now the team looks like they are ready to quit. I don't see much confidence among the team. There are a few players out there like Scandrick who are prideful enough to continue to fight, but for the most part I see a bunch of guys ready to throw in the towel because they know they're not good enough and the coaching staff isn't good enough.

If Jerry lets him, Garrett's is going to piss away the careers of another generation of talented young Cowboys. It's hard to watch and root for Jason Garrett coached teams. At least Campo got his teams to fight and compete in most games. Garrett has ten times the talent that Campo had but as soon as 1 or 2 star players are out of the lineup it's a guaranteed double-digit loss for the Cowboys.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree, let's hope so.

I fear though that Zeke, Tyron, and Lee's absences save Garrett's job.

I'd love to see him fired midstream and the team rally to some good victories to finish the year.

midswat

... soon
Jerry already said he isn’t firing any coaches per a tweet [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] posted.

It’s a joke at this point, really.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One could hope, but you know it isn't happening. Too many built-in excuses (injuries/suspension) to allow Jerry to rationalize keeping Garrett around.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The season is starting to look like 2010 but don't expect a new HC this time. Jerry wasn't invested in Wade like he is with Garrett. Jerry doesn't want to hire a top quality HC and in 2010 he had his HC in waiting on staff. That interim tag was a joke, he knew from the time he fired Wade that Garrett was going to be the full time HC. We'd probably have to have 2-3 losing seasons in a row like we had with Campo for Jerry to make a change. And even if that happened I'm sure Jerry would make another "comfort" hire.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The season is starting to look like 2010 but don't expect a new HC this time. Jerry wasn't invested in Wade like he is with Garrett. Jerry doesn't want to hire a top quality HC and in 2010 he had his HC in waiting on staff. That interim tag was a joke, he knew from the time he fired Wade that Garrett was going to be the full time HC.
Yep. He knew from the time he hired Wade that Garrett was going to be the next HC.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. He knew from the time he hired Wade that Garrett was going to be the next HC.
Well, considering he hired Garrett before he hired Wade, yeah.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Jerry already said he isn’t firing any coaches per a tweet [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] posted.

Jerry would never say he was going to fire a coach until he does.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Jerry already said he isn’t firing any coaches per a tweet @boozeman posted.

Any news on the Gruden to Dallas front, Hos?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The season is starting to look like 2010 but don't expect a new HC this time. Jerry wasn't invested in Wade like he is with Garrett. Jerry doesn't want to hire a top quality HC and in 2010 he had his HC in waiting on staff. That interim tag was a joke, he knew from the time he fired Wade that Garrett was going to be the full time HC. We'd probably have to have 2-3 losing seasons in a row like we had with Campo for Jerry to make a change. And even if that happened I'm sure Jerry would make another "comfort" hire.
Yep. Garrett is one of Jerral's pet cats and has been since back when he was on the roster. I'm pretty sure we all knew it here but the amount of slack the RHG has been given is mind boggling at this point. He's the second longest tenured DC HC since Landry and that is laughable.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yep. Garrett is one of Jerral's pet cats and has been since back when he was on the roster. I'm pretty sure we all knew it here but the amount of slack the RHG has been given is mind boggling at this point. He's the second longest tenured DC HC since Landry and that is laughable.
Jerry's comfortable and that's all that matters.

data

Forbes #1
Jerry's comfortable and that's all that matters.
Jerry's raking in the $$$ and that's all that matters.
Yup. The day the Deathstar was armed and ready, we lost all hope.

Even if the Deathstar blows up, I'm sure Jerruh's got enough insurance coverage to construct an even larger and more profitable facility...a couple runways to compete with Love Field?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Ah well, I hate to sound like a jaded/pessimistic fan, I guess that's what I've become over the years but that doesn't mean I don't want to kick some Charger ass tomorrow/today. Any given Sun...Er, Thursday. Ya'll have a good Thanksgiving, I'll check in to bitc...Um...Complai...Uh...Follow the game in around sixteen hours. Be there or be a Zoner. Square, I meant be there or be square.

midswat

... soon
I know we’re not literally but it sure feels like we’re out of this playoff race. With that said and my known hatred for this coaching staff, I’ll pretty much be rooting for embarrassing losses the rest of the season. Long run thinking.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I know we’re not literally but it sure feels like we’re out of this playoff race. With that said and my known hatred for this coaching staff, I’ll pretty much be rooting for embarrassing losses the rest of the season. Long run thinking.
Even the winless Browns arent eliminated yet but I dont think we can lose more than 1 and get in. Regardless its useless to get in and yes getting this coaching staff replaced will be more beneficial in the long run.

midswat

... soon
Even the winless Browns arent eliminated yet but I dont think we can lose more than 1 and get in. Regardless its useless to get in and yes getting this coaching staff replaced will be more beneficial in the long run.
Exactly my logic. Deal with the “pain” of poor performances and a wasted season as opposed to 9-7 and maybe being one and done again just to extend this bs.

Top Bottom