QB Controversy Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Actually I think it's the right move, why would you want Romo starting cold against what has been up to now one of the top D's?
Give him one more week of practice and rehab and let him get an "extra pre-season game". If he looks like warmed over dogshit much easier to go back to Dak.
Correct. This isn't some macho dick measuring contest as some here would have you believe.

Bitch move... :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hey, if this is Romo's team and he's so vastly superior then get his ass out there against Philly.

If he makes the team so much better as people have suggested out there then why wait to put him back in until Cleveland?

Isn't that what so many have been warning him for because he offers the best chance to win? Everyone is saying how good the Eagles are then shouldn't the best QB be out there?

You can't have it both ways.

My issue is that it's a complete bitch move to bring him back against an inferior team which completely contradicts the reason why we're going back to him in the first place.

So what it is? And if Romo is healthy after the bye week then why wait?
That's not an argument anyone is presenting. It's a simple matter of Romo getting injured and Dallas finding a gem in Prescott that exceeded anyone's hope. The fact that Romo is in process of recovering doesn't make him an arch enemy to anyone. Also the fact that Prescott has done so well hasn't suddenly made Romo's rehab a dreaded event.

It isn't a complicated set of circumstances. Dallas now has a very competent back up who may become the future of the franchise and that's a good thing. They also have a rehabbing proven player that may very well still have some game left in him. I can't see a situation where there should be an adversary position in the system the least of which would create a hate one or the other position.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Correct. This isn't some macho dick measuring contest as some here would have you believe.

Correct. It's like I was saying before, people are getting ridiculous with this stuff.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Answer this, if Romo gives us the best chance to win as some has suggested and he's fully healthy then shouldn't he be out there?

That's supposedly the reason why we're bringing him back and these are the type of games that he's superior for given the talking heads.

So what is it then?

It's a simple yes or no question.

Otherwise what in the fuck is the reason for bringing him back?

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Correct. It's like I was saying before, people are getting ridiculous with this stuff.
Nope, just tired of people talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Is he the best chance to win or not? If he is and he's healthy then why are we waiting?

These are apparently the type of games that people keep thinking we need Romo for.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think theres probably some flex in the Romo/Dak thing. I would expect if Dak goes in and beats the Packers, Tony Romo suddenly is "still rehabbing" or "still not ready" to get back on the field.

If Dak has an off game, it probably gives a reason to put Romo back in the starting line up.

Its going to be good either way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Is he the best chance to win or not? If he is and he's healthy then why are we waiting?

These are apparently the type of games that people keep thinking we need Romo for.
Although Prescott is starting for the Cowboys he is still the backup. Try to keep that in focus through all this dialogue. The starting QB is rehabbing and will at some point resume his role. It's at that point that it will be determined if he can or will keep his job. It's not a complex set of circumstances and one that has been in place for a long time. Returning starters start competing for their jobs once they return. This will play out in Dallas as well. The only thing to resolve is at what point will it be most advantageous for the club to insert Romo. It could be a ways down the road but it also could be soon. When it's time it will happen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Returning starters start competing for their jobs once they return. This will play out in Dallas as well. The only thing to resolve is at what point will it be most advantageous for the club to insert Romo. It could be a ways down the road but it also could be soon. When it's time it will happen.
Starters lose their jobs to injuries all the time. Especially at QB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has been throwing before games I thought? I guess it depends what you consider "throwing." Uncorking a 60 yard pass while doing a 7 step drop is different then tossing the ball 10 yards back and forth with Witten.
Well, he was tossing passes to Shrimp Beasley today after practice, so...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Your head is so far up your ass over Dak you can't think straight.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It would be a real dick move to make Dak play all the tough teams and then throw Romo in for a cupcake game against the Browns. Of course if Dak continues to win I'm guessing that timeline gets pushed back.
Why is that a dick move?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

But Dak had all the hard games!!!

Newsflash, bozos, they aren't competing against each other. You put Romo back in when he's ready, and be thankful that Dak has the opportunity to play and that he's playing so well.

kidd

DCC 4Life
The remaining schedule after Cleveland isn't exactly a cakewalk.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Also, how is Dak getting "all the hard teams"??

Yeah he has to play Green Bay but who else? The Eagles? Romo will have to play them too on THEIR home field so what's so unfair about that?

UncleMilti

Staff member
I'll go ahead and say it...I'm going to laugh like a motherfucker when Romo is in the starting lineup for 2 or 3 games, gets drilled again, anddddd.... is lost for the season.

I'm not wishing it, I just expect it.

UncleMilti

Staff member
But Dak had all the hard games!!!

Newsflash, bozos, they aren't competing against each other. You put Romo back in when he's ready, and be thankful that Dak has the opportunity to play and that he's playing so well.

I'd say they were pretty tough games given the fact he's a rookie and Romo got the majority of the work with the starting team thruout camp.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll go ahead and say it...I'm going to laugh like a motherfucker when Romo is in the starting lineup for 2 or 3 games, gets drilled again, anddddd.... is lost for the season.

I'm not wishing it, I just expect it.
Yeah, that would be hilarious.

kidd

DCC 4Life
The teams we've played thus far are a combined 9-16. Not exactly a murders row.

Top Bottom