Must See Movies

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Mad Max flick was pretty much a two hour meth rush. Not for everyone, but anyone who says they are not entertained is a liar or a prude.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The Mad Max flick was pretty much a two hour meth rush. Not for everyone, but anyone who says they are not entertained is a liar or a prude.
Going to see it tomorrow, is it worth seeing in 3d?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Going to see it tomorrow, is it worth seeing in 3d?
I am not a fan of spending a couple extra bucks for 3D and you get a couple of bullets shot at you and what not.

But if you dig 3D, this is definitely worth it.

Now, I will say this. Miller's cinematography makes it hard. He does a lot of weird shit and it is hard to make sense of quick flashes and stuff.

But if guys flying out of wrecked dune buggies and bits of exploding engines are cool to you, yeah, spend the money.

It is a little overwhelming in 3D, but then again, this whole movie is over the top mayhem.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I am not a fan of spending a couple extra bucks for 3D and you get a couple of bullets shot at you and what not.

But if you dig 3D, this is definitely worth it.

Now, I will say this. Miller's cinematography makes it hard. He does a lot of weird shit and it is hard to make sense of quick flashes and stuff.

But if guys flying out of wrecked dune buggies and bits of exploding engines are cool to you, yeah, spend the money.

It is a little overwhelming in 3D, but then again, this whole movie is over the top mayhem.
Ok cool, thanks

Carp

DCC 4Life
Honestly, the only thing that bugged me was Immorten Joe should have been chauffered and not be driving.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Honestly, the only thing that bugged me was Immorten Joe should have been chauffered and not be driving.
He was pissed, he wanted his property. I can't say I blame him.

BTW I didn't realize the same guy that played Toecutter was Immorten Joe.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He was pissed, he wanted his property. I can't say I blame him.

BTW I didn't realize the same guy that played Toecutter was Immorten Joe.
Yep, sure was...wish they could have worked the Mohawk guy from Road Warrior back into the mix too.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yea it was, best movie I've seen in awhile.
Damnit, I was going to go watch it this weekend and other shit got in the way. Now I have to wait until the 26th.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Just saw it and it was totally bad ass. Outstanding action flick & it should be seen in the theater.

WTF was up with the guitar player though? :lol I thought that was kind of odd.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Just saw it and it was totally bad ass. Outstanding action flick & it should be seen in the theater.

WTF was up with the guitar player though? :lol I thought that was kind of odd.
Just over the top end of the world shit. I think the surprise for me was that it was more Mad Furiosa than Mad Max. No complaints, Theron was a bad ass.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Just over the top end of the world shit. I think the surprise for me was that it was more Mad Furiosa than Mad Max. No complaints, Theron was a bad ass.
It really was kind of Furiosa's story with Max as more of a supporting character. No complaints from me either. Theron was a bad ass & my crush on her only intensified after her performance in this movie.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Definitely a guy flick.

What I don't get are these fricking morons saying it is feminist propaganda...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/15/entertainment/mad-max-fury-road-boycott-mens-rights-thr-feat/

Real men don't bitch about a kick ass movie.
If this was feminism sign me the fuck up, I'm ready to worship at Miller's altar of chrome and blood

Damnit, I was going to go watch it this weekend and other shit got in the way. Now I have to wait until the 26th.
I'm already thinking about taking off early some day this week and catch it again in 3d this time

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh, American Sniper was somewhat disappointing. Not that it was bad, but I expected awesome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Eh, American Sniper was somewhat disappointing. Not that it was bad, but I expected awesome.
It was awesome. You just waited too long to see it.

Top Bottom