Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Packers | 10/16/2016

kidd

DCC 4Life
It's pretty crazy how similar this team is to 2014.

It's too early to know which team is better/worse yet, but it's s great sign that we can compare the two.

The 2014 Cowboys lost to GB in the playoffs, but they were one of the 4 best teams in football that year. Let's hope we can say the same about this one when its all said and done.
This team definitely has the best running game. 2007 had the best defense. 2014 had the best QB play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's pretty crazy how similar this team is to 2014.

It's too early to know which team is better/worse yet, but it's s great sign that we can compare the two.

The 2014 Cowboys lost to GB in the playoffs, but they were one of the 4 best teams in football that year. Let's hope we can say the same about this one when its all said and done.
I agree, this team reminds me a ton of that 2014 team. I actually like this defense a little more. And as amazing as the 2014 run offense was, I think this one is even better.

Then of course there is Dak who is playing great football. Right now I think we have to at least be considered in the top 3 of the NFC with the Vikes and Falcons. Two teams who I think we could beat.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I agree, this team reminds me a ton of that 2014 team. I actually like this defense a little more. And as amazing as the 2014 run offense was, I think this one is even better.

Then of course there is Dak who is playing great football. Right now I think we have to at least be considered in the top 3 of the NFC with the Vikes and Falcons. Two teams who I think we could beat.
I think we can beat them also, their offense doesn't scare me at all

Their D though is a whole different story.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree that we are winning games easier this year than we did early in 2014.

We were down by like 20 to the Rams, came back to win by 7 I think, we beat the Texans in overtime, I think the Titans game was relatively close (10ish points most of the game).

This year we have basically been up double digits for the entire Bears and Bengals games, and half of the Packers game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

We could beat anyone the way we're playing now.

Like I said, this season basically will come down to how long Dak can keep this up.

Roethlisberger had the best rookie season in recent memory, but he started tailing off toward the end of the year and he played poorly in the playoffs and they eventually lost the AFCC.

Making it to the NFCC would be amazing, but there's no limit to what we can do if Dak somehow amazingly avoids any rookie wall at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Dak is in MVP voting status?
Why not? His QB rating is among the NFLs best and his team has one of the best records in football. If he does this all season his name would be in the discussion. Although Zeke would be as well.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Holy shit. Tonight was the first time the Colts have had a 100 yard rusher since 2012. 56 games.

We've had 4 in the last 4 games. :towel

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Our coaching staff needs to keep an eye on Elliott's carries. There is absolutely no reason that he should've gotten 3-4 carries with 2 minutes left and the Packers with no timeouts.

Right now he's on pace for about 365 carries, not 2014 Murray terrible but I'd like to see him kept under 350.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Andrew Luck just makes too many mistakes at this point in his career to make you believe he'll ever be better than what he is now.

He's a very good QB, but the thinking was that he would be elite and possibly the league's best at some point.

I think the guy will never be any better than he is right now because he's just never really made much progress since about his 3rd year in the league.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our coaching staff needs to keep an eye on Elliott's carries. There is absolutely no reason that he should've gotten 3-4 carries with 2 minutes left and the Packers with no timeouts.

Right now he's on pace for about 365 carries, not 2014 Murray terrible but I'd like to see him kept under 350.
I can understand in a big game like this maybe not pulling Elliott for a series or two while its competitive but once the game was locked up I totally agree. Don't bang up your franchise back.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Andrew Luck just makes too many mistakes at this point in his career to make you believe he'll ever be better than what he is now.

He's a very good QB, but the thinking was that he would be elite and possibly the league's best at some point.

I think the guy will never be any better than he is right now because he's just never really made much progress since about his 3rd year in the league.
He was on pace to reaching that potential over his first few years, I think you have to blame their front office for alot of his struggles. I can't put it 100% on them but the lack of talent around him is astounding, on both sides of the ball.

Can you name one bright promising player that they have added in the last 3 years?

No, I do not think you can.

Top Bottom