User Tag List

Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1290

Thread: The Gun Control Debate Thread

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    They at least should not be presumed to be more educated than the Texas kids who didn't have a mic stuck in front of their face for being anti-gun.

They are kids. They know about the same as high schoolers everywhere.
    Yep.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    When I say well educated, I mean they go to a rich school, where decent teachers actually prepared them to speak pretty eloquently, and have a certain level of media savvy. Now obviously you have personal opinions about guns, that I probably agree with more than you’d think. But I think the script stuff is laughable, and I bet Parkland’s testing well above the state avg.
    By script, I mean the narrative talking points that has been spewed for years by the gun control crowd. I'm not one of those that believe that there is this conspiracy where they literally scripted every interview.

Quick search shows Marjory Stoneman Douglas is much higher in AP participation, and national ranking (Santa Fe is unranked). Santa Fe does have a better student to teacher ratio, but that doesn’t mean its teachers are any good.
    So, you're saying the left found the smartest of the school shooting survivors to represent them?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    So, you're saying the left found the smartest of the school shooting survivors to represent them?
    Basically, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    By script, I mean the narrative talking points that has been spewed for years by the gun control crowd. I'm not one of those that believe that there is this conspiracy where they literally scripted every interview.
    Gotcha.

Parkland kids who emerged were politically active kids who were really well educated and could act as their own pundits, but unlike most other pundits had a credible experience, and status as a survivor to immunize them from the ordinary round table, cable news chatter that tends to drown the discussion with pre-existing talking points.

Also since conservatives and the Alt-Right tend to go with scorched earth tactics, with personal attacks and conspiracy theories about any opponent, they gave Parkland kids a ton of exposure as many conservative luminaries made asses of themselves trying to shut up shooting survivors.

I donít think that happens very frequently, which is why so many school shootings die in news cycle after a week or so.
    Wait, so the kids like Hogg and Emma Whatsherface and a few others go scorched earth on everyone that disagreed with them, and when they get pushback, its the alt-right going scorched earth? You best go back and look at their twitter feeds and clips of the stuff they were saying before you make the claim they didn't give worse than they got. And it started with that shit show of a town hall that CNN put on where Hogg was attacking Dana Leosch and Rubio. And then, what about the pro-second amendment kids and parents that got less than nothing in terms of air time? Why do you think that was huh? You may not have an anti gun view and it would be nice if that was the case. But you sure take the truth to the left side of any political issue we have to discuss without giving any quarter. At least some of us here admit when something happens we don't like on our political side.

2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Duarte is a ridiculous nut job clown that has a ton in common with Trump.

Wow, the fucktards here are actually cheering guns being handed out to people to murder with impunity.