User Tag List

Page 101 of 135 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1343

Thread: The Gun Control Debate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    So terrified he calmly interviewed a classmate about gun rights while it was going on.

I suppose you think it's okay for a child to run around calling adults child killers and fuckers, eh?

They can have their say, but if they are going to go around accusing innocent people of murder, they damn sure be prepared for people to come after them.
    "them"

It is one kid doing all the things that offend you pussies the most.

Talk about a bunch of triggered fucking snowflakes.

As a grandpa to four kids and a daughter that is a teacher I'm all for protecting them. I'm listening to plausible resolutions. If all they got is to take the guns then let it go....never happen.....especially in TX. We don't have enough cops to put one on every campus. Again tell me how I can help protect them....I'm listening.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstar View Post
    As a grandpa to four kids and a daughter that is a teacher I'm all for protecting them. I'm listening to plausible resolutions. If all they got is to take the guns then let it go....never happen.....especially in TX. We don't have enough cops to put one on every campus. Again tell me how I can help protect them....I'm listening.
    Lots of good stuff in a bill making its way through Congress right now. You can read up on it at http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...301-story.html. It's not the entire answer but it's a damn good start.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Why are you attacking CHILDREN then? You guys come off as the biggest cunts there ever were.

Maybe you're made of sterner stuff than a bunch of kids, but I have no doubt they were terrified when this shit was going on.

Now they are pushing for change and they are attacked by lunatics on the right like rabid dogs.

They are doing NOTHING WRONG and are being VILIFIED for what you guys feel is an attack on the second amendment.

It is quite pathetic when you sit back and look at it.

Let them have their fucking say.

Older people are doing way more harm to the future of the second amendment than these kids are right now by DOING NOTHING TO PROTECT THEM.

Keep doing nothing and when these kids are older and are in positions of power......then you'll have something to worry about.
    Just to get the record straight, though..... you now no longer see the need to discredit his opinion, since you said once he's been through something similar you'd listen to him? Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Talk about a bunch of triggered fucking snowflakes.
    I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the words you're using...

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    All opinions pieces, one by an actual Supreme Court Justice. Your poll is just that one poll. Doesn't tell you the peoples political leanings or if they feared a gun, so I still say, that saying a large portion of the left has never shot a gun and wants to repeal the second amendment is rhetoric.

I would be considered on the left, hell, I am likely the most liberal person on this board. I don't want the second amendment repealed, and I have shot guns, in the Army Reserves, and in my own personal life. Hell I own guns and I don't want to lose them.

The opinion pieces are the point. You have national publications publishing articles in which the repeal of the 2nd is the topic because you have people that actually want it done. Large sections of people. Otherwise there would be no point in them promoting the idea. You are not one of them, but there are. it is a fact this is true, not conjecture and the national publications are an indication.

I'm not going to list the studies, you can look them up as I did.

My correlation between the cars and guns is that car accidents are responsible for more deaths than are gun incidents and yet in each case the driver is held responsible for the most part. Rarely is the car the reason for the death. It is the same in the sense that a gun does not cause the death without the purpose of the human handling it and yet the left demonizes the gun and wants to take them away. Even if I grant you ARs it would not be enough. As an example, on Twitter, more than 60% of tweets I see from left leaning folk are about the 2nd getting repealed. It isn't scientific, but it's there.

Lastly, as I said, I agree on the standards issue whole-heartedly, completely and unabashedly. But It has to be the states and feds getting together on what those will be and has to be enforced from the federal level since they are responsible.

Please Share your studies

What is the purpose of a car? To get from point A to point B. What is the purpose of magazines that hold 10, 15, 20, and 30 rounds? To throw more bullets down range to cause the most damage possible. I see the point you are trying to make, but I don't see the correlation between the two items you are trying to compare.

Actually studies have shown, driving to slowly cause far more accidents.

The have standards now, and each state has their own, things aren't being reported. In PA, we have to do a State Police background check, in addition to FBI for certain jobs, because the FBI background check doesn't have everything on it, according to our state police. There are gaps, those need to be tightened up, and states and the federal government need to work together to make the system better.[/QUOTE]

2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

This is all from a Parkland student who was actually in the building that got attacked
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

10. The following user likes this post:

No one gives a fuck what the mirror image of David Hogg has to say either.