QB Controversy Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh you don't?

How about 33, 41, 38, 41 and 44 points over that stretch, so there's that indeed.

Does that get you to 100%.
We were creating more turnovers back then. Which is why Romo wasn't throwing for massive yardage in those games. We also took a blowout loss to the Eagles in that period of 5 games. 199 yards, no TDs and 2 picks out of Romo in that game are probably bringing down that 5 game average. Which is sort of something you just deal with in Romo. He will have 4 masterful games and then put in a stinker to bring the numbers down.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ultimately this will be settled on the field. Can we stop being retarded about it and be happy we have two very good QBs?
Bingo. Romo has a history of making everyone around him better. He forces safeties to play deeper, and that seriously opens running lanes. Romo's never had as dangerous a runner as Elliott to play off of, and I am hugely intrigued by the combo.

Dak's efficiency has been outstanding by any standard, rookie or not, but he's still young.

You don't ruin Dak by starting Romo. That's completely false. Every snap Dak's played thus far has been a bonus to his development compared with what was planned in the offseason.

My only question with Romo is his back health in the short week on Thanksgiving. He's been unable to get ready two years in a row. Outside of that window, Romo is the better choice. Like 1 and 1A, it's a luxury.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol

And, that is supposed to make me switch sides? Those teams were still sub .500 teams en total.

I'm not taking anything away from Romo for that run, but Dak has looked just as good without the INTs.

Again, you take away the injuries, and I'm not the fence in this debate. But, you can't remove that from the equation, so I'm 100% on board with Dak.
Have you ignored everything I have said on this topic?

We are actually on the same side I want Dak to continue being the starter.

But I also realize what level Romo was playing at in those last 5 games, Dak has not done that IMO, and Romo was taken out in a couple of those games as well if I remember.

Everything has to be taken into context like 4 of those last 5 games were blowouts so Romo was not winging it all over the place either.

But hey I just like to argue and stuff.

Jiggyfly

Banned
We were creating more turnovers back then. Which is why Romo wasn't throwing for massive yardage in those games. We also took a blowout loss to the Eagles in that period of 5 games. 199 yards, no TDs and 2 picks out of Romo in that game are probably bringing down that 5 game average. Which is sort of something you just deal with in Romo. He will have 4 masterful games and then put in a stinker to bring the numbers down.
Yeah it all has it's context.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

But I also realize what level Romo was playing at in those last 5 games, Dak has not done that IMO, and Romo was taken out in a couple of those games as well if I remember.

Everything has to be taken into context like 4 of those last 5 games were blowouts so Romo was not winging it all over the place either.

But hey I just lie to argue and stuff.
That was also 3 injuries ago. Stats similar between the two. Wins dead even. Only difference is the injuries. Which, again, puts me in Dak's corner.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That was also 3 injuries ago. Stats similar between the two. Wins dead even. Only difference is the injuries. Which, again, puts me in Dak's corner.
And like I have said several times in this very thread is my reason as well.

Let me try this again.

Nobody is trying to get you to change your mind, I was just commenting on those particular set of stats as not being that defining.

Are we at 100% yet?

Cotton

Staff member
And like I have said several times in this very thread is my reason as well.

Let me try this again.

Nobody is trying to get you to change your mind, I was just commenting on those particular set of stats as not being that defining.

Are we at 100% yet?
And, I disagree with you about those stats not being that defining.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Bingo. Romo has a history of making everyone around him better. He forces safeties to play deeper, and that seriously opens running lanes. Romo's never had as dangerous a runner as Elliott to play off of, and I am hugely intrigued by the combo.

Dak's efficiency has been outstanding by any standard, rookie or not, but he's still young.

You don't ruin Dak by starting Romo. That's completely false. Every snap Dak's played thus far has been a bonus to his development compared with what was planned in the offseason.

My only question with Romo is his back health in the short week on Thanksgiving. He's been unable to get ready two years in a row. Outside of that window, Romo is the better choice. Like 1 and 1A, it's a luxury.
Agree. I don't have any problem if Dak continues but I don't have a problem with Romo returning either. To me the only thing that is getting skewed is somehow it is bad for Romo to return to the lineup. I don't know how that evolved. Everyone knows he has injury prone tendencies but that doesn't diminish his skills. It's a completely different issue. The latter simply interferes with a good quarterback taking the field.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I guess there is no middle ground on this thing it's either all about Dak or all about Romo, I happen to think an argument could be made for either.

Ayuh. Some of the arguments coming from the Dakheads have gotten pretty ridiculous. There are arguments to made for sticking with Dak, but pretending Romo isn't outstanding is not one of them.

Genghis Khan

Yep.

Genghis Khan

But hey I just like to argue and stuff.

Yep.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, and the whole polarized argument is not just one-sided. He has gotten injured more than any QB in recent history, and not just little injuries. Back broken type injuries. To try to smugly sit there and say the posters vouching for Dak are the only ones staunchly set in their stance is stupid. Not a one of you have acknowledged that just maybe Tony might get hurt again and in turn hurt the team. Trade potential and lost games to be two of the reason how before anyone asks.

data

Forbes #1
Romo's never had as dangerous a runner as Elliott to play off of, and I am hugely intrigued by the combo.
Interesting to compare 2014 Murray vs 2016 Zeke. Upon Romo's return, will he be coming into a better running game situation, worse or same?

Through five games:
DeMarco Murray averaged 5.2 ypc with 670 yards total.
Zeke averaged 5.0 ypc with 546 yards total.

Genghis Khan

Yeah, and the whole polarized argument is not just one-sided. He has gotten injured more than any QB in recent history, and not just little injuries. Back broken type injuries. To try to smugly sit there and say the posters vouching for Dak are the only ones staunchly set in their stance is stupid. Not a one of you have acknowledged that just maybe Tony might get hurt again and in turn hurt the team. Trade potential and lost games to be two of the reason how before anyone asks.
That's false. I long ago in this debate acknowledged that the likelihood that Romo gets hurt again is high. It's just that, we have Dak who can be extremely effective in relief.

If Romo never plays another down for us, his trade value won't be as high as it would be if he comes in and plays at his usual high level. So that argument is a double edged sword.

As for losing games, he's 15-5 in his last 20 games. I don't see why he'd be more inclined to lose than Dak would be.

I think a healthy Romo would be killing it with this team around him, even more than Dak is. Dak isn't as good as Romo but isn't far behind, and has youth, which admittedly is a compelling argument.

Genghis Khan

Interesting to compare 2014 Murray vs 2016 Zeke. Upon Romo's return, will he be coming into a better running game situation, worse or same?

Through five games:
Somewhat lost in the QB debate is Elliot, who in my opinion has been even more impressive than Dak.

That Murray run at the beginning of 2014 was historic level, and Elliot is not too far behind...as a rookie.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think anyone is disagreeing that he has been injured and I think all of us agree he could be injured again. But it isn't a given. Secondly if he gets injured again Prescott is there. He was drafted for that very role. As far as trade potential is concerned that's a decision that Jones will have to make and live with but he is footing the bills so who can argue with that? That said even if Romo is injured and cannot be traded , it still will not negate Prescott coming back to pick up the reins as he was drafted to do. Romo's future is Jones call because he has his money where his mouth is. This determination still doesnt harm Prescott.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Through five games:
Murray was outstanding that year.

The fumbles were the only thing that kept that from being a flawless season for him because he did it all.

p1_

DCC 4Life
this is a great problem to have, you all realize, right?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Romo never plays another down for us, his trade value won't be as high as it would be if he comes in and plays at his usual high level. So that argument is a double edged sword.
The problem is if he plays at a high level and doesn't get hurt, which I feel is pretty unlikely, there is no way in hell we trade him. So there is really only one scenario I can envision with Romo still having the ability to get us a pick in return and that is by Romo backing up Dak for the remainder of the season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is a great problem to have, you all realize, right?
It is a great situation, I just don't want to squander it. It's like winning the lottery getting Dak like we did, I simply want to take full advantage of it.

Top Bottom