2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
:lol

Never has the board as a whole been more wrong. So awesome we were.
I won't lie, I wanted Wentz.

With that being said I have never been more happy to be dead wrong on QBs.

That being said I wasn't wrong with wanting Wentz but the combo of Zeke and Dak makes it that much better.

My main concern was with him being viewed as more of a development player by all early accounts is that our coaching staff would find some way to royally fuck it up.

Glad I've been so wrong on that!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I was okay with the pick so long as it was in the 4th or later. Never in a million years did I expect this though.

I certainly wanted him more than Cook or Hackenberg who neither were I a fan of.

The more and more I found out about him as a player, and a person, the more thrilled I was about the pick.

"So fucking irritating. Welcome to the Quincy Carter/Hutch/Wright/McGee bullshit all over again." ~Joe Fan

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
"So fucking irritating. Welcome to the Quincy Carter/Hutch/Wright/McGee bullshit all over again." ~Joe Fan
Like I said, I was wrong. And given how our coaching staff had previously handled these types of scenarios it was to be expected.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I definitely didn't want him. So I get anti-props.

I assumed that he was simply a black Tebow.

Turns out the system under Mullen was a lot more advanced than anyone thought.
Yeah, same here. Honestly, I didn't know a whole lot about him. But what little I did know, I wasn't too enamored with.

I was all in wanting Wentz. Yeah, I had my homer reasons. But I watched that dude play through high school and college. I knew the hype over him was real.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, same here. Honestly, I didn't know a whole lot about him. But what little I did know, I wasn't too enamored with.

I was all in wanting Wentz. Yeah, I had my homer reasons. But I watched that dude play through high school and college. I knew the hype over him was real.
To me, he was your typical spread SEC QB.

But to those who suggested he was another Russell Wilson, all props. I actually think he is better.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
To me, he was your typical spread SEC QB.

But to those who suggested he was another Russell Wilson, all props. I actually think he is better.
Yep. I'll happily eat crow over being wrong about him. I just hope it's not a flash in the pan kind of success. But I'd bet against it. He has looked damn good. Certainly not like a rookie that's learning to deal with the speed of the NFL.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Yep. I'll happily eat crow over being wrong about him. I just hope it's not a flash in the pan kind of success. But I'd bet against it. He has looked damn good. Certainly not like a rookie that's learning to deal with the speed of the NFL.
Same. I'll definitely eat crow as well and have zero shame in doing so.

This is a pretty big win for the team at the sake of being wrong about a player.

I'd be more worried about it being a flash in the pan if we were running a gimmick offense like SF or Washington did. Then I could see how people might be tapping the breaks.

D

Deuce

techncally it was sarcasm because I was making fun of myself. I thought after his sophomore and junior years he was a stud and hoped he'd come out. But then he stayed and looked like he regressed to the point that I didn't care if we ever took him. Either way, I take full credit for my initial assessment. :unsure

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was okay with the pick so long as it was in the 4th or later. Never in a million years did I expect this though.

I certainly wanted him more than Cook or Hackenberg who neither were I a fan of.

The more and more I found out about him as a player, and a person, the more thrilled I was about the pick.
ORLY?
Joe Fan said:
So out of all the fucking QBs, we end up with Dak? I fucking hate this team some days.
Joe Fan said:
The problem is you'll never get your QB because these dumb fucks will be content with this ass wipe.
Joe Fan said:
So fucking irritating. Welcome to the Quincy Carter/Hutch/Wright/McGee bullshit all over again.
Joe Fan said:
Quincy Carter fiasco all over again.
Friggin archives, amirite? :art

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
ORLY?

Friggin archives, amirite? :art
The day we drafted him I was pissed. I never once denied that. You go from thinking you have a good shot at Wentz (pre draft) or Lynch who had all the hype and then you end up with Dak at that time.

A lot has changed since then.

Given our history "developing" QBs it was easy to feel that way back then.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, they've bit me in the nuts more times than I care to admit. :lol
Yeah I remember being really down about missing out on the trade up for Lynch and then Cook. Pretty crazy that after all of that we may have gotten an even better QB.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Yeah I remember being really down about missing out on the trade up for Lynch and then Cook. Pretty crazy that after all of that we may have gotten an even better QB.
Agreed. It was from one high to a low on that day. To be so excited about hearing how Wentz was likely to be our pick, then to finding Philly traded for the 2nd pick and was going to take whover LA didn't, to hearing about likely trading up for Lynch, to having Denver come in right before us, to settling for Dak at the time.

It just felt like one massive kick in the nuts after another. I'll admit I didn't know much about him at the time but what I did hear wasn't necessarily good and sounded like a disaster in the making given our track record with drafting and developing QBs.

At that time I was pissed because of how close I thought we were to landing a "franchise" QB only to later realize we got one with the DeMarco comp pick.

The more I've read up on the kid, to going back and watching his highlights and games, to finding out about his Mom and what she went through, to finding about his will to be the best, hell, I was sold and the ride since then has been nothing short of amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom