Week 11 Gameday Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 11/19/2017

midswat

... soon
I have a feeling Garrett has a few tricks up his sleeves. Maybe another powerful “that’s not why we came here” speech that’ll get the guys running through walls.

Dallas - 24
Eagles - 20

:robowink

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Garrett and co learned nothing from last week and will leave Bell on an island just like they did Green
eagles win 38 - 17

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just want to see us dish out a little punishment and maim some Eagles. Give me that and I'm good.

Eagles 32
Cowboys 17

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I do think everyone is burying the Cowboys too much. Anytime everyone predicts a huge blowout on one side in this league (when not involving a horrible team like the Browns) it seems to not work out. Eagles may win, but I bet it's a lot closer than people are thinking.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Leonard Fournette still questionable for today's game.

I remember a couple of years ago at LSU they said his ankle injury would be a chronic problem. In a couple of years the Jags may end up regretting this decision to draft him that high.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I do think everyone is burying the Cowboys too much. Anytime everyone predicts a huge blowout on one side in this league (when not involving a horrible team like the Browns) it seems to not work out. Eagles may win, but I bet it's a lot closer than people are thinking.
I think it'll be a lopsided game because our coaching staff has shown an inability to install game plans that reduce the impact of missing star players. As Bipo and others have pointed out, the Eagles are missing a few star players as well, but their staff has found away to lessen the impact. Meanwhile in Dallas, if one of our star players misses a game it's a complete train wreck.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Trust me, I think our coaching sucks... Well, Garrett at least. I think the coordinators are okay.

We still have Dak, most of our excellent OL, and good receivers, though. We still have a pretty decent D-line this year.

Most of all I'm kind of doubtful the Eagles will look as good as they have so far the whole year. They could be due for an off week.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Its usually these type of situations that we do well in for some reason. I think it will be closer than most think but eventually losing in the end.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let's do this.

Cowboys - 24

Eagles - 34

1bigfan13

Staff member
Another thing that needs to happen today is the coaches need to stick with what's working. Eventually they are going to stumble upon something that works against the Eagles, but the question is will the coaches be smart enough to stick with it.

Last week it was runs off the right side. They finally got in a nice rhythm and were picking up chunk yardage on the stronger side of the OL, but they weren't smart enough to stick with it and we all know what happened after that.

I'll also add that the empty backfield set needs to be shelved until further notice.

Cotton

Staff member
Another thing that needs to happen today is the coaches need to stick with what's working. Eventually they are going to stumble upon something that works against the Eagles, but the question is will the coaches be smart enough to stick with it.

Last week it was runs off the right side. They finally got in a nice rhythm and were picking up chunk yardage on the stronger side of the OL, but they weren't smart enough to stick with it and we all know what happened after that.

I'll also add that the empty backfield set needs to be shelved until further notice.
The answer to your question is no.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Its usually these type of situations that we do well in for some reason. I think it will be closer than most think but eventually losing in the end.
That's exactly how I see it going down too.

1bigfan13

Staff member
You have watched Garrett coach for as long as I have. You know better than to even think he might change now.
I know but the one thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is his history of actually making the correct adjustments following a shitty coaching performance.

His problem is it takes him too long to process information in the moment. The robo-coach needs a processor upgrade. Maybe then he'll be able to recognize problems quicker and during the actual games, rather than after the game which is his norm.

Cotton

Staff member
I know but the one thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is his history of actually making the correct adjustments following a shitty coaching performance.

His problem is it takes him too long to process information in the moment. The robo-coach needs a processor upgrade. Maybe then he'll be able to recognize problems quicker and during the actual games, rather than after the game which is his norm.
"He didn't realize Green needed help because he hadn't watched the tape yet."

Top Bottom