User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Mike Mayock's 2018 NFL Draft position rankings

  1. #11
    Senior Member lostxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I'll take the guy with twice as many tackles. I mean Evan's seriously had 74. Vander Esch had 140. Vander Esch also ranked as like the top run stuffing LBer in college football in a report I read. And we all know he is better at coverage than Evan's. I'm not sure how anyone could put Evan's over LVE except for Alabama.
    Well Alabama plays against better competition and I get the feeling Vander had to be a one man team because if he didn't make the tackle, nobody was going to make it. Evans played with studs in front of him, besides him and behind him. I guess that's the thinking.

    I would wager Vander gets drafted first. Evans' failure to run a 40 at both the combine (groin injury I think) and his Pro Day let a bad taste in a lot of teams' minds.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    24,709
    Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    Well Alabama plays against better competition and I get the feeling Vander had to be a one man team because if he didn't make the tackle, nobody was going to make it. Evans played with studs in front of him, besides him and behind him. I guess that's the thinking.

    I would wager Vander gets drafted first. Evans' failure to run a 40 at both the combine (groin injury I think) and his Pro Day let a bad taste in a lot of teams' minds.
    Yeah I get that Alabama had a lot of different guys there to make a tackle. But it also meant Evan's went unblocked a whole lot more than Vander Esch too. And Evans is like a zero addition against the pass. With our style of 4-3 that's unacceptable. You need LBers who can cover.

    I don't care if Evan's gets picked first as long as it isn't Dallas doing it. I'm not over the top excited at the thought of drafting LVE but Evans would feel like a give up pick.

  3. #13
    Senior Member lostxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah I get that Alabama had a lot of different guys there to make a tackle. But it also meant Evan's went unblocked a whole lot more than Vander Esch too. And Evans is like a zero addition against the pass. With our style of 4-3 that's unacceptable. You need LBers who can cover.

    I don't care if Evan's gets picked first as long as it isn't Dallas doing it. I'm not over the top excited at the thought of drafting LVE but Evans would feel like a give up pick.
    I think we're down to 3 positions.
    WR - Moore or Ridley
    OG - Hernandez or Wynn
    LB - LVE or Evans

    I'm pretty happy if we get any of those players (well maybe not Evans). Of course, I'm assuming none of the blue chippers drop to us.
    Last edited by lostxn; 04-22-2018 at 02:30 PM.

  4. The following user likes this post:


  5. #14
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    24,709
    Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I think we're down to 3 positions.
    WR - Moore or Ridley
    OG - Hernandez or Wynn
    LB - LVE or Evans

    I'm pretty happy if we get any of those players. Of course, I'm assuming none of the blue chippers drop to us.
    Yeah I mean if Derwin or Vea falls to 19 it may be different but I'm guessing we will take one of those guys barring a trade down. With Cortland Sutton being the wild card burn this world down pick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •