Time to just call it a season and get ready for next year?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If they can't win one god damned game without Lee, at home against the Chargers in particular, then the entire defensive staff should be cleared out.

Allowing points on 19 out of the last 23 drives without Lee is pathetic. Either coach Jaylon up on as far as reading blocks/running plays or put him on the bench and find another solution.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought the season was already over after yesterday regardless of whether Lee was going to play next week or not.

I just can't see how the team that took the field yesterday is going to beat Philly this week. A lost to Philly means that they have to go 5-1 over their last six games and that's just not going to happen.

Now if they somehow find a way to beat Philly, then they would still be alive and well, but it's hard to see them doing that while missing the key players that they are missing and while being coached by this goof staff.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rapoport: Lee Likely To Miss Several Weeks

Rapoport: Lee Likely To Miss Several Weeks

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm not surprised at all.

I love him as a player but with him starting to get up there in age, it won't be long before it's time to move on. I don't remember the details of his contract outside of it being restructured recently but the time is drawing near. If he was able to stay healthy for most of his career, it's conceivable he could have been an all timer, maybe even a HOFer. It's a shame, damn fine player and solid citizen.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Season is officially over.

Pretty pathetic how losing one guy on the defense brings the entire defense to its knees. Pretty damning of Marinelli's coaching ability.

midswat

... soon
Hostiles latest touch of hostility will blame another Garrett underachieving season on injuries.

Don’t worry though. It’s a process and he sees what’s being built here. Won’t apologize for that. We will win championships. Yes, plural.

Back to the shadows I go.

data

Forbes #1
Hostiles latest touch of hostility will blame another Garrett underachieving season on injuries.

Don’t worry though. It’s a process and he sees what’s being built here. Won’t apologize for that. We will win championships. Yes, plural.

Back to the shadows I go.
:lol

Damnit, you got me

Cujo

DCC 4Life
How many games do we have to lose for Garrett to be fired?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'd say we have to go completely in the tank Campo style. I think the playoffs are basically out of the picture and even if we managed to squeak in, it would be one and done. There are five other NFC teams with an equal or better record in line for a WC berth and given the current circumstances, I'm not what you would call optimistic.

Tanking *should* get Garrett fired but Jerrah cuts him quite a bit of slack and will use every excuse in the book to justify giving him another year. Suspensions, injuries, etcetera.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Its not possible this season. He would have to have another year of this before Jerry lets his pet cat go.

midswat

... soon
Unfortunately I don't see this as a likely scenario until Jerry is six feet under. He was miserable under Parcells and Jimmy. He cares more about having fun than winning, especially at this elevated age. Plus he's making money hand over fist.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
What sucks is with Lee, Tyron, and Zeke we beat any three playoff teams not QB'ed by Aaron Rodgers back to back to back.

We just can't get there.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What sucks is with Lee, Tyron, and Zeke we beat any three playoff teams not QB'ed by Aaron Rodgers back to back to back.

We just can't get there.
The funny thing is, despite our coaching handicaps, I would love to see us simply get in with a healthy team because I really think we could thrive as the underdog.

I've been saying it for weeks that I actually kinda want us to get in as a road dog instead of a division winner with a bye week.

I know that this isn't logical and that you want homefield and the bye, but maybe I'm just scarred from all of the disappointments of recent memory and don't want us to be in that favorite role that comes with high expectations and everyone having their eye on us waiting for us to disappoint.

As a road WC team, the expectations wouldn't be high at all and there wouldn't be the weight of the world on the team, so I am eager to see how we would perform under these circumstances.

Having said that, I agree with you -- we aren't making the playoffs. We are going to lose to Philly this weekend and put our season to rest once and for all......unless you think this team can go 5-1 from that point on with no Zeke for 4 of those games, no Lee for at least 2 of them, and possibly no Tyron either?

I just can't see it.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
With tiebreaker disadvantage with Rams and Falcons already, that Seahawks game becomes more important to break any logjam there’s be for WC.

Even at 10-6, we could be the odd man out if we lose the Seahawks game.

data

Forbes #1

We just can't get there.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Packers and Aaron Rodgers are playing in January.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You definitely don't quit. All of the other wild card contenders have flaws, too. The good news is, none of these injuries (or suspensions) are season-ending. If the team could just hang in there, in a few games it could get these guys back and be fine. I honestly think Tyron and Lee are bigger losses than Elliott.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You definitely don't quit. All of the other wild card contenders have flaws, too. The good news is, none of these injuries (or suspensions) are season-ending. If the team could just hang in there, in a few games it could get these guys back and be fine. I honestly think Tyron and Lee are bigger losses than Elliott.
Yeah, and I don't think it is even particularly close. We would be fine with Morris and Smith taking the carries. Losing Lee or Tyron is debilitating to their respective squads.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Other than Prescott those are probably the two most important players on the team.

midswat

... soon
With tiebreaker disadvantage with Rams and Falcons already, that Seahawks game becomes more important to break any logjam there’s be for WC.

Even at 10-6, we could be the odd man out if we lose the Seahawks game.
I'd say 10-6 is a smart bet to get us in. I've looked at a number of teams schedules and all the teams in the playoff race end up playing each other (sometimes even twice) in the final weeks of the season.

Top Bottom