Gameday Chatter Thread | Bears at Cowboys | Week 3 | 09-25-16

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have it backwards. Not that we should have done more, but rather we might do less against a higher quality opponent if we continue to operate down two starters on the offensive line.

We did great last night. But that always has to be filtered through the lens of the opponent.
I don't expect to do what we did against the Bears against elite NFL defenses. That would be silly.

But Dallas did exactly what good teams do against bad teams. They took care of business in a dominant fashion. Something most Cowboys weren't expecting prior to the game.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Newton got hit yesterday, but he had a TE in the left flat when he took that safety. He has to have better awareness.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah like the Cowboys were fully healthy themselves.

And it's not like we started a rookie qb............oh wait.

Maybe I forgot, are we coming off a Superbowl season or something?.
You started with that premise.

The fact that we can be down 2 starters on the o-line and still put up 31 points has to be looked at as a positive.

I agree it was a positive. Hopefully our starters get healthy, but if not hopefully they can keep it up against more challenging opponents.

And let's be honest, we're really talking about Chaz Green. We know Leary will be fine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And let's be honest, we're really talking about Chaz Green. We know Leary will be fine.
Yeah Leary is a starter on the majority of NFL offensive lines. Chaz however is a guy that many people were really nervous about. He looked good to me though.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
What happened?
Irvin had an extended segment on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown, and it intially sounded like he (Irvin) had moved over to ESPN, but it was later stated that Irvin was "on loan" from the NFLN.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I love Romo but last time we saw him he was 11 for 21 with 3 ints in a blowout loss. Romo can do more with the passing game than Dak, but Romo is also capable of an extreme stinker that we haven't seen out of Dak yet.
Romo also was coming off an injury with no Dez, no running game, no defense against the league's top offense at the time plus an elite defense playing at their best.

Romo's stinkers have more to do with him feeling he must carry the load, usually because he has to. His health factors in, but mostly it's his lack of support.

Dak hasn't faced that kind of pressure vs the competition he's faced. He can hand the ball off and has mostly played with the lead.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The only thing that would make me dislike Matt Ryan more is if he were a blazing ginger.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just watching Falcons/Saints until the debate comes on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Saints guy runs over his own punt returner, resulting in a fumble.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just watching Falcons/Saints until the debate comes on.
Speaking of the debate, have you seen the video clip floating around facebook about the debate preview? It's the video clip from Anchorman where he's calling her a dirty pirate hooker. It fits perfectly.

Top Bottom