JJT: Dez Bryant to have MRI for knee injury sustained early in win

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that he's done since his 1st or 2nd year in the league.

I'll muster the strength to be angry and pissed off once this proves to be a pattern of misconduct. One act of minor immaturity doesn't erase over 4 years of goodwill, IMO.

I think most would agree that up until 48 hours ago Dez was considered a core leader and he exemplified the type of passion that most of want to see from the team. Of course some of you will deny it now since it doesn't fit into your arguments, but deep down you know you held those thoughts.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
BTW, #CowboysTwitter is railing all over Ed for that tweet.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Man some folks have been waiting for anything to go at Dez again.:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
There's quite a few that agree on gingerfuck too
Yeah, I saw a couple that you retweeted. But, the vast majority are throwing a hissy fit. :lol

Jiggyfly

Banned

You know it's bad when Sham is calling you out, the back tracking after is hilarious.:lol

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, I saw a couple that you retweeted. But, the vast majority are throwing a hissy fit. :lol
It was around 40 proginger to 20 against, with a lot of the comments from 3 guys who really love them some redpubes when I went through earlier.

Personally I like this garrett call out better

Cotton

Staff member
It was around 40 proginger to 20 against, with a lot of the comments from 3 guys who really love them some redpubes when I went through earlier.

Oh damn. Nice.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

what makes people think Red is a player's coach and a pushover?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mediocre coaches should take offense to them calling Garrett mediocre.

Cotton

Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned

WOW that is strong coming from Timmy, the DFW media is pissed.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
Like Werder got called out on, what exactly should Garrett do penalty wise?

Fines are the standard procedure across the NFL for missing treatment or meetings.

I guess they will make up for missing the injury scoop with calling Garrett out for doing what any other team would do.

And I agree Garrett has been a fake tough guy but this should not be setting everybody on fire.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Damn right.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Like Werder got called out on, what exactly should Garrett do penalty wise?

Fines are the standard procedure across the NFL for missing treatment or meetings.

I guess they will make up for missing the injury scoop with calling Garrett out for doing what any other team would do.

And I agree Garrett has been a fake tough guy but this should not be setting everybody on fire.
It's simple, really.

If Bill Belichick was our coach, does Dez not show up for his MRI for not just one, but two days?

Werder is absolutely right and I don't know why what he said is so hard to understand or why people are actually upset over it.

It's a spot on comment about an organization that is a mess and has been for years now.

Cotton

Staff member
Dez Bryant’s leg fracture isn’t a pain issue, according to actual expert

Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2016, 1:22 PM EDT

People involved with pro football teams who never take physical risks and who don’t have to perform while tolerating pain are sometimes quick to dismiss injuries as matters of pain tolerance, a not-so-subtle way of challenging a player to prove that he’s willing to endure the discomfort (or to take medications intended to numb it) in order to suit up and play. When it comes to any player who has a broken bone, the pain that naturally will flow from playing is secondary to the risk of the break getting worse.

“You can put any kind of fancy adjective up front, call it a hairline fracture or a stress fracture, it’s still a crack in the bone,” long-time NFL athletic trainer and current NBC Sports Medicine Analyst Mike Ryan said on Friday’s PFT Live. “So the concern here is the fact of the injury itself getting worse. A fracture can always get worse. And if the rumors are true that it is in the tibia plateau, that’s a weight-bearing surface. . . . The biggest concern here is more of the injury itself worsening, not necessarily pain management.”

So, yes, pain is part of it. However, playing with the fracture increases the risk that the fracture will get worse.

In other words, comments from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones regarding receiver Dez Bryant do not accurately reflect the consequences of playing. It’s more than tolerating pain; it’s about preventing the injury from getting worse.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's simple, really.

If Bill Belichick was our coach, does Dez not show up for his MRI for not just one, but two days?

Werder is absolutely right and I don't know why what he said is so hard to understand or why people are actually upset over it.

It's a spot on comment about an organization that is a mess and has been for years now.
I don't understand the piss and vinegar either. Anyone who has been around this organization for more than a month knows for a fact that Jerry Jones is the ultimate players' owner and is an enabler whose actions are often counter-productive to the head coach.

That's no secret at all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't understand the piss and vinegar either. Anyone who has been around this organization for more than a month knows for a fact that Jerry Jones is the ultimate players' owner and is an enabler whose actions are often counter-productive to the head coach.

That's no secret at all.
That is not true. We are run just like every other team.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's simple, really.

If it was Bellechik it would have never gotten out in the 1st place and everyone forgets they had issues with Hernandez and still signed him to a long term deal.

So let's stop acting like Bellechik does not treat talent proportionate too there ability.

Nobody knows what would have happened in NE.

Jiggyfly

Banned

That's no secret at all.
And that has nothing to do with this particular issue being the worse example of that.

What else should be done concerning Dez, suspension?

Top Bottom