User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gantt: Charles Haley refers to Cowboys as “losers”

Someone else posited this theory on another thread somewhere, but I wonder if Jerry just doesn't care anymore?

He's stupendously rich, in the HOF, fans still pack his stadium, still has several prime-time or feature games week to week, his family is entrenched as the Clampetts of the franchise.

Garrett has two more years on his contract. If Jerry was as intense as he claims about winning he would have been more like the Tennessee owners, who dumped a coach whose record was not much different than Garrett's.

I read an article recently wherein the financial arrangements in the NFL really don't incentivize an owner to win. They all pretty much make about the same: 6 - 10, 7 - 9,
    9 - 7, so what?

Maybe that's where Jerry is now.

Of course he doesn't care. Or at least it's so far down the priority list as to not matter -- way behind money and fame and control.

If he cared about winning he'd at least try to get a coach who was worth a damn.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

It was me that suggested that @deadrise. Should be really easy to remember because I make a lot of really good posts.

I absolutely loved seeing this article yesterday. Haley gets in there and stirs the pot. Calls out the entire organization (even Jerry in a roundabout way).
    Somebody had to say it out loud. Sure as hell wasn't gonna be anyone else associated with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchcoach View Post
    I absolutely loved seeing this article yesterday. Haley gets in there and stirs the pot. Calls out the entire organization (even Jerry in a roundabout way).
    Somebody had to say it out loud. Sure as hell wasn't gonna be anyone else associated with the team.
    It might make me smile, but in the long run, Jerry Jones does not give a shit. He knows Haley and probably thinks he is just being crazy.

6. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    It was me that suggested that @deadrise. Should be really easy to remember because I make a lot of really good posts.
    Okay, then. There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    Someone else posited this theory on another thread somewhere, but I wonder if Jerry just doesn't care anymore?

He's stupendously rich, in the HOF, fans still pack his stadium, still has several prime-time or feature games week to week, his family is entrenched as the Clampetts of the franchise.

Garrett has two more years on his contract. If Jerry was as intense as he claims about winning he would have been more like the Tennessee owners, who dumped a coach whose record was not much different than Garrett's.

I read an article recently wherein the financial arrangements in the NFL really don't incentivize an owner to win. They all pretty much make about the same: 6 - 10, 7 - 9,
    9 - 7, so what?

Maybe that's where Jerry is now.
    Jerry is a business man who wants his enterprise to run as close to auto-pilot as possible.

A great HC candidate is going to have to pretty much fall in his lap for him to ever get rid of Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    It might make me smile, but in the long run, Jerry Jones does not give a shit. He knows Haley and probably thinks he is just being crazy.
    True, but it's still good to see Charles go off. A moral victory for desperate fans like myself

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    That didn't exactly work out so well...
    not if the intent was to win without him. That defense was like a sieve.
    Garrett's situation will solve itself this year. Sink or swim, clap daddy.

Charles is coming from a mindset where he was on those championship teams. He has skins, and knows what it takes to win at the highest level. This team doesn't. These bitches have no clue about what that takes. They look around at Uncle Jerry's funhouse and think, 'Wow, we're badass, we've arrived."
    Garrett's situation will solve itself this year. Sink or swim, clap daddy.

12. The following user likes this post: