User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford among top 10 tight-window QBs

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    More "NextGEN" stats. How on earth do they judge "tight window" throws? How does the chip in the pads register it? Just more nonsense.

All I need are my eyes to tell me that Prescott is not a QB who is laser accurate with his throws.

That is what people are taking out of this and it is just another case where people take stats and twist them thinking it validates anything.
    Old people never understand new technology...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Old people never understand new technology...
    Since Day One

Big players make big plays in big games.

Narrowing a whole season down to one play or one call ignores the fact some teams find ways to overcome those things -- or that a game should never have come down to one play. A team wins or loses over 60 minutes of football.

Billy Kilmer used to beat the Cowboys all the time. Think his passes would have fit into a "window?" He just thew the pass he needed to throw when he needed to throw it.

Dak #1, Rodgers #23?

~ flush ~
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    Dak #1, Rodgers #23?

~ flush ~
    I think it just sort of goes to show that QB's like Rodgers avoid throwing into tight coverage. These numbers don't really indicate if a QB is just failing to find the proper guy to throw the ball to or isn't finding the open guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    Dak #1, Rodgers #23?

~ flush ~
    9. Carson Palmer
    10. Tyrod Taylor

No Brady, Brees or Rodgers in even the top ten.

But somehow we're supposed to take this list seriously...

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I think it just sort of goes to show that QB's like Rodgers avoid throwing into tight coverage. These numbers don't really indicate if a QB is just failing to find the proper guy to throw the ball to or isn't finding the open guy.

The pass Rodgers threw to the guy on the sideline, rolling to his left, to beat the Cowboys was thrown into the tightest coverage imaginable -- about a foot and a half between the guy's arms and a pubic hair from the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    The pass Rodgers threw to the guy on the sideline, rolling to his left, to beat the Cowboys was thrown into the tightest coverage imaginable -- about a foot and a half between the guy's arms and a pubic hair from the sideline.

Well you have to keep in mind how far down field that throw was too. This system rates that throw the same as a throw 7 yards down the field in tight coverage. But obviously the difficulty of throw is totally different.

I don't think anyone can legitimately claim that Daks receivers were getting great separation though.

Easier to be accurate on tight window throws when you’re completing 7 yards to Witten on 3rd & 10.

Dak could complete 10 consecutive passes and we’d still be at midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    Easier to be accurate on tight window throws when you’re completing 7 yards to Witten on 3rd & 10.

Dak could complete 10 consecutive passes and we’d still be at midfield.
    I was trying to make this point on another thread but got a get out response. I agree this is a result of primary receivers being covered and Dak going to Witten who is open but not far enough down the field. The catch is made but not effective toward retaining possession.
    Since Day One