Jerry Jones hires lawyer and threatens to sue over Roger Goodell extension

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, it feels like the NFL owners have turned over all of their power to a dictator.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Full Al Davis Mode activated

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Someone has to challenge the Commissioner. He is almost at full speed monarch mode.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

If this actually happened, I would probably suffer a seizure from the excitement.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

If this actually happened, I would probably suffer a seizure from the excitement.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There are some brainwashed Cowboys fans out there gnashing their teeth at the thought of Jones being forced out. The poor souls don't understand that Jones being forced out would absolutely be in the best interest of the Cowboys on field product.

Assuming we have a roster with a decent amount of talent, I'd be willing to bet a month's pay that the Cowboys could win the Super Bowl within 3 years if Jones were out of the picture.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There are some brainwashed Cowboys fans out there gnashing their teeth at the thought of Jones being forced out. The poor souls don't understand that Jones being forced out would absolutely be in the best interest of the Cowboys on field product.

Assuming we have a roster with a decent amount of talent, I'd be willing to bet a month's pay that the Cowboys could win the Super Bowl within 3 years if Jones were out of the picture.
It would take longer. You'd need to blow up the coaching staff but keep most scouts and maybe elevate McClay to GM.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Never happen. That shit would be tied up in court for years.

Even so, I bet if forced to sell the team, he'd just sell it to Stephen for next to nothing. I doubt there is any clause stating he couldn't do that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life

You'd be excited from forfeiture of the Cowboys franchise? Why?

Also.... false on all counts. The NFL practically doesn't exist without the Cowboys.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
You'd be excited from forfeiture of the Cowboys franchise? Why?

Also.... false on all counts. The NFL practically doesn't exist without the Cowboys.
The franchise would stay in place. He would just have to sell the team. It ain't happening, but it's fun to think about.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not sure what this means.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Wow, would that not be the absolute best ending to this whole thing.

Jerry forced to sell the Cowboys. :hawfap

data

Forbes #1
The franchise would stay in place. He would just have to sell the team. It ain't happening, but it's fun to think about.
Yeah and to think the NFL practically wouldn't exist with Jerruh is preposterous.

The Star would still be on the helmet and the fans will continue to support the laundry, just like when T.O. was signed.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If Goodell led the charge to force Jerry to sell then I'd be ok with him dictator for life.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah and to think the NFL practically wouldn't exist with Jerruh is preposterous.

The Star would still be on the helmet and the fans will continue to support the laundry, just like when T.O. was signed.
Well, we don't have record number of fans because of Jerry, that's for damn sure.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If Goodell led the charge to force Jerry to sell then I'd be ok with him dictator for life.
That would be an unconscionable and unacceptable exercise of power from the commissioner. I'd never support something like that.

If we think what he's doing to Zeke and other players is beyond the pale, and what he's doing to the game and the league is beyond the pale, forcing out an owner in a power play is several steps beyond even those things.

Hell no.

It's not about Jerry, it's about the autonomy of each and every franchise.

Top Bottom