JJT: Dez Bryant to have MRI for knee injury sustained early in win

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's not a rookie. He's a grown ass man with three kids and seven NFL seasons under his belt. The "he's just a temperamental kid" excuse is long gone. You don't fucking act like this when the team is trying to hold it together with a rookie QB and RB. Dez has never been described as a leader, and childish, bullshit behavior like this is why.
Bryant being a 12 year old trapped in a 28 year old body is old news. I was more pissed off how the organization handled it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And........?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jason Witten channels Jerry Jones in discussing Dez Bryant's absence

4:02 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Jason Witten quoted one of the great Dallas Cowboys philosophers in discussing the Dez Bryant situation Thursday.

"Look, we all go through different things," Witten said. "That's handled within teams. Guys address it and move forward. It happens every week in the NFL from that standpoint. So, yeah, you always work together and talking and that's what teammates are, they're brothers. There's a great saying inside this building by somebody I tremendously respect -- let's not circumcise a mosquito here, you know? I think that has great value in this. As things go on, move forward and we all understand that. This game means so much to Dez Bryant and that's a relationship that I've really enjoyed over the years in seeing that and the brotherhood that you have with that. Dez will be back out there in no time."

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones used that saying when discussing whether the team would put Tony Romo on injured reserve at the start of the season. In other words, let's not overdo it.

To Witten, Bryant's absence Monday and Tuesday, which led to a delay on an MRI that revealed a tibial plateau fracture in his right leg, is over and done.

Bryant did not formally speak to the media Thursday but said he would speak Friday. He was not wearing a wrap on his right knee. He did not practice for the second straight day, and a source told ESPN Insider Adam Schefter that Bryant is not expected to play Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers.

On multiple occasions Thursday, coach Jason Garrett said the issue was addressed, resolved and the team will move on.

"We all understand the expectations for us and how to handle that," Witten said. "Sometimes that's difficult when you have setbacks with injuries. It'll be addressed. It has been addressed and you move forward."
----------------

Can we have another Cowboy asked about how they feel?

Witten is a company man. Kind of disturbing he's parroting the bullshit that comes out of Jerry's mouth. Makes me lose some respect for him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jason Witten channels Jerry Jones in discussing Dez Bryant's absence

4:02 PM ET
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Jason Witten quoted one of the great Dallas Cowboys philosophers in discussing the Dez Bryant situation Thursday.

"Look, we all go through different things," Witten said. "That's handled within teams. Guys address it and move forward. It happens every week in the NFL from that standpoint. So, yeah, you always work together and talking and that's what teammates are, they're brothers. There's a great saying inside this building by somebody I tremendously respect -- let's not circumcise a mosquito here, you know? I think that has great value in this. As things go on, move forward and we all understand that. This game means so much to Dez Bryant and that's a relationship that I've really enjoyed over the years in seeing that and the brotherhood that you have with that. Dez will be back out there in no time."

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones used that saying when discussing whether the team would put Tony Romo on injured reserve at the start of the season. In other words, let's not overdo it.

To Witten, Bryant's absence Monday and Tuesday, which led to a delay on an MRI that revealed a tibial plateau fracture in his right leg, is over and done.

Bryant did not formally speak to the media Thursday but said he would speak Friday. He was not wearing a wrap on his right knee. He did not practice for the second straight day, and a source told ESPN Insider Adam Schefter that Bryant is not expected to play Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers.

On multiple occasions Thursday, coach Jason Garrett said the issue was addressed, resolved and the team will move on.

"We all understand the expectations for us and how to handle that," Witten said. "Sometimes that's difficult when you have setbacks with injuries. It'll be addressed. It has been addressed and you move forward."
----------------

Can we have another Cowboy asked about how they feel?

Witten is a company man. Kind of disturbing he's parroting the bullshit that comes out of Jerry's mouth. Makes me lose some respect for him.
Or maybe you are just blowing it out of proportion.

I mean its nothing like that consummate professional Irvin right?

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's not a rookie. He's a grown ass man with three kids and seven NFL seasons under his belt. The "he's just a temperamental kid" excuse is long gone. You don't fucking act like this when the team is trying to hold it together with a rookie QB and RB. Dez has never been described as a leader, and childish, bullshit behavior like this is why.
Yet Irvin in considered a leader while organizing Hooker and blow nights.:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Or maybe you are just blowing it out of proportion.

I mean its nothing like that consummate professional Irvin right?
All I am saying is maybe we need to hear from some other guy than Witten.

He's part of the team upper crust, along with Romo.

We had guys getting cut last year for dress code violations, some of which are actually producing elsewhere.

Garrett is not consistent, even though his "17" horseshit program of the year this season isn't being followed.

If that bottom edge guy on the roster doesn't buy into it, that's a concern.

That is the guy who is going to miss a tackle, loaf on kick coverage, etc. and be that "one play" that seems to come back and bite a .500 team in the ass and cause an L.

The fact that Witten is basically doing a Chip Diller impression here does not offer much insight.

Jiggyfly

Banned

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yet Irvin in considered a leader while organizing Hooker and blow nights.:lol
yes, he was the emotional rocket fuel of the team and was considered a leader long before his naughtiness was revealed in 1996

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I also loved how "leader" Dez ran to Dak after his first TD pass and presented him the ball. oh wait, that never happened. he dropped the ball in the end zone and did the stupid "X" thing instead.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't dispute any of that, but...so?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
All I am saying is maybe we need to hear from some other guy than Witten.

He's part of the team upper crust, along with Romo.

We had guys getting cut last year for dress code violations, some of which are actually producing elsewhere.

Garrett is not consistent, even though his "17" horseshit program of the year this season isn't being followed.

If that bottom edge guy on the roster doesn't buy into it, that's a concern.

That is the guy who is going to miss a tackle, loaf on kick coverage, etc. and be that "one play" that seems to come back and bite a .500 team in the ass and cause an L.

The fact that Witten is basically doing a Chip Diller impression here does not offer much insight.
Maybe there is no insight. Seems obvious that Dez knew he might have an injury problem and developed a case of stupid in an effort to cover it up. When he was finally collored he took the MIR and the punishment and will now sit it out. The management and staff apparently caught up to him fined him and benched him for this week. I don't know what else there is to know.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't dispute any of that, but...so?
This is still a mentally fragile team.

Crawford was stating that the Redskin game was pivotal and could have really messed them all up had they lost.

We don't have time for Bryant to be a dork. We need leadership and a player that doesn't get all nervous for selfish reasons and skips the diagnosis and treatment.

Teams don't wait until Wednesday or Thursday to install game plans. His uncertainty impacted that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Top Bottom