User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sturm: The Incredibly Perplexing Case Of David Irving

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I am saying he is used too much as a protective player. He isn’t going out on a route at the snap instead he engages a defender before starts a route. It’s not a matter of how much he is on the field it’s the alignment and assignment he deals with now trying to protect the QB. The OL seems to have needed more help this past season with the blocking.
    And I'm saying that's not true at all. Which is why Chaz was hung out to dry 1 on 1 and got smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    And I'm saying that's not true at all. Which is why Chaz was hung out to dry 1 on 1 and got smoked.
    That seems to be an admission that part of the OL not being able to protect. I think that is why Witten was used more in the protect mode.
    Since Day One

That seems to be an admission that part of the OL not being able to protect. I think that is why Witten was used more in the protect mode.
    And 6 sacks in the game to one DE say our stubborn coaches refused to use Witten to give help.

And 6 sacks in the game to one DE say our stubborn coaches refused to use Witten to give help.
    I don know how you can miss Witten and his blocking assignments.
    Since Day One

I don't see what is so perplexing.

I don know how you can miss Witten and his blocking assignments.
    Witten had the second most passes thrown his direction on the team. Pretty impossible to do while blocking. This is a nonsensical argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    I don't see what is so perplexing.
    The fact that Stephen Jones is talking tough and the team is posturing to place the 2nd round tender on him in order to bait a team into signing him. This would be in an effect, a trade.

Witten had the second most passes thrown his direction on the team. Pretty impossible to do while blocking. This is a nonsensical argument.
    Witten blocks quite a bit, but to pretend he is not running routes and is being "misused" as a blocker, robbing us of his pass catching excellence is laughable.

My original statement addressed that Witten was having to block before he went into a pattern and this shortened his route. It had nothing to do with how many passes it had to do wth his effectiveness because his average catches are not as long.
    Since Day One

Look for yourselves, he is getting less effective but not because he can’t play. He is having to defend more than he used to.
    http://www.nfl.com/player/jasonwitten/2505629/career stats
    Since Day One