JJT: Dez Bryant to have MRI for knee injury sustained early in win

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I also loved how "leader" Dez ran to Dak after his first TD pass and presented him the ball. oh wait, that never happened. he dropped the ball in the end zone and did the stupid "X" thing instead.
:lol

That monster.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
monster? no. selfish and lacking leadership qualities? oh yeah.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He didn't bring him a football...

Selfish and lacking leadership or big fucking deal.

I'll go with the latter.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
you dismissed it as "minor." it's not. they're not paying him $70M to bail on the team and set a bad example.
It is minor.

They are paying him 70 million to be a great player, which he is.

If they gave him that contract to be a Boy Scout Troop Leader, they are retarded.

townsend

Banned
On the scale of shitty things players have done on this team, this doesn't even merit an eyebrow raise. Dez just had a pair of great performances, showing remarkable maturity after having a very silent season opener, he finally caught his first TD of the season, I can't even imagine how shitty it would feel to think that he's going to be back fighting another injury.

Compared to the shit Rolando, Brent, Gregory, Hardy, Randle, have pulled this isn't even a blip on the radar. Hell even the suspensions to Lawrence and Scandrick that have happened merit more criticism. This is even minor compared to other Dez stuff.

This falls in the "Zeke visited a pot store" level of a guy failing to do exactly the right thing, without any real negative consequences to it.

Genghis Khan

No one. That's the problem.

Why is that a problem? Not everyone is a leader. Most aren't, in fact, and you can't force someone to be something they're not. It comes across as fake.

Romo is a leader. Witten is a leader. Dak is a leader.

We don't need it from Dez. We need him to be a great player, which he is.

Genghis Khan

On the scale of shitty things players have done on this team, this doesn't even merit an eyebrow raise. Dez just had a pair of great performances, showing remarkable maturity after having a very silent season opener, he finally caught his first TD of the season, I can't even imagine how shitty it would feel to think that he's going to be back fighting another injury.

Compared to the shit Rolando, Brent, Gregory, Hardy, Randle, have pulled this isn't even a blip on the radar. Hell even the suspensions to Lawrence and Scandrick that have happened merit more criticism. This is even minor compared to other Dez stuff.

This falls in the "Zeke visited a pot store" level of a guy failing to do exactly the right thing, without any real negative consequences to it.

Exactly. Hell, Beasley and Claiborne both did worse things.

Jiggyfly

Banned
All I am saying is maybe we need to hear from some other guy than Witten.

He's part of the team upper crust, along with Romo.

We had guys getting cut last year for dress code violations, some of which are actually producing elsewhere.

Garrett is not consistent, even though his "17" horseshit program of the year this season isn't being followed.

If that bottom edge guy on the roster doesn't buy into it, that's a concern.

That is the guy who is going to miss a tackle, loaf on kick coverage, etc. and be that "one play" that seems to come back and bite a .500 team in the ass and cause an L.

The fact that Witten is basically doing a Chip Diller impression here does not offer much insight.
And if this other player says the same thing is it over in your mind?

What exactly are they buying into?

Missing an MRI or the fact that he played almost the entire game with a broken leg?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Why is that a problem? Not everyone is a leader. Most aren't, in fact, and you can't force someone to be something they're not. It comes across as fake.

Oh good. We'll get leadership from Twill or something. And it took Dak only three games to do what Dez couldn't in seven years? I guess you believe in that "born leader" crap. Can he at least lead by example and act like a professional, or is that asking too much?

He's not a great player. He has great games every now and then but he's an injury-prone malcontent who's now in the second tier of "great" receivers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And if this other player says the same thing is it over in your mind?[/quote}

No, but I think it would be nice to know. And what do you mean by "over"?

We do a good job with the Iraqi Defense Minister with the company boys. I hate that shit. It is worthless.

I dunno, you tell me. The theme for years is that Garrett is creating this extraordinary team that does things the "right way" and so on.

He ain't. Done. Shit.

He's been around and shit has been flopping around on either side of him.

The "buy-in" comes from wow, whotta shock, his BFFs in Romo and Witten.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And if this other player says the same thing is it over in your mind?

Missing an MRI or the fact that he played almost the entire game with a broken leg?
Broken leg?

Genghis Khan

Oh good. We'll get leadership from Twill or something. And it took Dak only three games to do what Dez couldn't in seven years? I guess you believe in that "born leader" crap. Can he at least lead by example and act like a professional, or is that asking too much?

He's not a great player. He has great games every now and then but he's an injury-prone malcontent who's now in the second tier of "great" receivers.
Not everyone is a leader. Most aren't, in fact, and you can't force someone to be something they're not. It comes across as fake.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's a hairline fracture. He played a game on it. Not quite broken. Technically they are classified as the same but in his case it's a little over the top to depict it as playing on a broken leg but whatever.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom