JJT: Dez Bryant to have MRI for knee injury sustained early in win

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He is definitely not the mature partner to the young QB.
Yea and he isn't exactly the most refined route runner so I'm guessing his decline will be directly tied to his physical skills diminishing. I can't see him in Dallas past age 30 especially considering the cap savings should be huge as he'd only have a year left on his deal.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
why would he blow off a team meeting just because he's hurt?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably to avoid having to answer for blowing off the MRI appointment.
Yeah, he wanted to avoid the MRI. Which I get is childish but my guess is he was scared something might show up on the MRI that would prevent him from playing.

As far as the Cowboys management are concerned, I couldn't disagree with Booze more. Your coach should never be calling out players to the media. I don't give a shit if someone leaks the information to the media, it shouldn't be coming from the coach or owner publicly. Dez was punished and we move on.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
If Dak can make enough plays with Butler and Twill to compete or win as the starting wide outs, I am officially off the Romo bandwagon.

It will be time to turn move on.
Agree with you 100%.

That should pretty much settle it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, he wanted to avoid the MRI. Which I get is childish but my guess is he was scared something might show up on the MRI that would prevent him from playing.

As far as the Cowboys management are concerned, I couldn't disagree with Booze more. Your coach should never be calling out players to the media. I don't give a shit if someone leaks the information to the media, it shouldn't be coming from the coach or owner publicly. Dez was punished and we move on.
Hey, I guess you are right.

The organization did the right thing in covering for a spoiled child.

dallen

Senior Tech
Honestly, Butler does most of what Bryant can do without the drama or constant injuries. I'm tired of this team relying on unreliable players

Jiggyfly

Banned
It is not about airing dirty laundry.

Unless you are the fucking Patriots, it is getting out, especially in Dallas.

Sorry, we can't operate like them because we aren't them.

As a result we have the owner and head coach looking like chumps and that is not a good environment.

And it is also equally bothersome that a Jerry Gold Ticket holder has shown he can flip management and protocol the bird yet again.

Our culture is a huge problem.
How is it a selfish player when the most probable reason he would not want to take an MRI is because he wants to keep playing?

And if selfish player means playing most of a game on a cracked tibia sign me up every time.

Jack Youngblood all time tough guy, Dez Bryant selfish and coddled player. :picard

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Butler can do most of what Bryant can do? :lol

Which Bryant are we talking about here? Antonio? Martavis? Kobe? Bryant Gumble? Certainly not Dez.

Jesus, some of you are really going full retard over this. I couldn't care less that the guy skipped an MRI and team meeting. We know he's a little emotionally stunted, but I don't think there was any malicious intent at all. Probably scared about the MRI results and not wanting to face reality over how much time he might miss, so needed to keep himself holed up for a couple of days.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Which Bryant are we talking about here? Antonio? Martavis? Kobe? Bryant Gumble? Certainly not Dez.

Jesus, some of you are really going full retard over this. I couldn't care less that the guy skipped an MRI and team meeting. We know he's a little emotionally stunted, but I don't think there was any malicious intent at all. Probably scared about the MRI results and not wanting to face reality over how much time he might miss, so needed to keep himself holed up for a couple of days.
I'm just glad the injury isn't very serious and he should be recovered quickly. I agree, we benefit from having Dez on the field and helping to lead this offense. I'm sure if given the option Dez will be out on the field against the 49ers.

Jiggyfly

Banned

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's not that uncommon for players to be late or miss meetings. It happens.

The player is fined and that's usually the end of it.

On a positive note, at least there was a fine involved. The reports about Greg Hardy made it sound as if he pretty much did anything he wanted without repercussions. So in essence, fining Dez is part of the process.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I don't blame Dez....we all know hes a bit of a child sometimes.

I get fucking sick of the Garrett/Jones spin cycle. Because its transparent when they are trying to be coy, and because the organization already has WTF moments all thru the season. It just further amplifies what a zoo Jerry Jones has created.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Yeah some of this stuff is crazy you would think he went on a 3 day crack bender.

And some of the same people were claiming Hardy's issues were because of Garrett.:lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yeah some of this stuff is crazy you would think he went on a 3 day crack bender
It wasn't some egregious thing Dez did but the fact that he skipped the MRI because "He really thought he was gonna get bad news, so he avoided it" just shows how much of a child he is. That's like not coming home from school on the day report cards arrive in the mail because you're pretty sure your grades are bad and you are going to be in deep shit with your parents (yes, I know this analogy dates me because everything is online now and parents can monitor their child's grades all the time). Ridiculous. At some point you are going to have to face the music, for better or worse. Most adults/professionals understand this and act accordingly. Only someone with the mindset and maturity of a young kid would take the course of action to avoid it because he thinks he isn't going to like the result. For all his talent and passion he often acts like an irresponsible child.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It wasn't some egregious thing Dez did but the fact that he skipped the MRI because "He really thought he was gonna get bad news, so he avoided it" just shows how much of a child he is. That's like not coming home from school on the day report cards arrive in the mail because you're pretty sure your grades are bad and you are going to be in deep shit with your parents (yes, I know this analogy dates me because everything is online now and parents can monitor their child's grades all the time). Ridiculous. At some point you are going to have to face the music, for better or worse. Most adults/professionals understand this and act accordingly. Only someone with the mindset and maturity of a young kid would take the course of action to avoid it because he thinks he isn't going to like the result. For all his talent and passion he often acts like an irresponsible child.
This is pretty much how I feel about it, and you won't find a bigger Dez supporter than me.

Top Bottom