User Tag List

Thread: Longtime Cowboys scout, father of Jason Garrett dies at 87

Longtime Cowboys scout, father of Jason Garrett dies at 87

Jim Garrett, a longtime scout for the Dallas Cowboys and father of head coach Jason Garrett, died Friday night at the age of 87, Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Garrett spent 17 years of his professional life as a scout for the Cowboys, including the Super Bowl seasons of 1992, 1993 and 1995. He wrote the original scouting report on Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman, the organizationís first-round pick (and first overall) in the 1989 draft.

Garrett also worked for the New York Giants, New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns.

------------

Bet Jason opens with a "How we doin' guys" when delivering his fathers eulogy.

so is Jason like the Spaulding of the family?

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post

so is Jason like the Spaulding of the family?
    It all makes sense now. Jason really is the illegitimate son of Jerry. Holy shit.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

4. The following user likes this post:

Anyone know where I can find the clip of Jim Garrett raving about how awesome Todd Lowber was going to be and then the scene where Wade Phillips was talking about him in a team meeting and was all "Yeah he's a good athlete but he isn't a football player"

It was during Hard Knocks 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    Anyone know where I can find the clip of Jim Garrett raving about how awesome Todd Lowber was going to be and then the scene where Wade Phillips was talking about him in a team meeting and was all "Yeah he's a good athlete but he isn't a football player"

I just remember him basically fellating Zach Thomas. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post

You knew this was my bat-signal, didn't you?

Couldn't find the Garrett raving... only vids other than this one I could find have some seriously messed up audio. But this is Lowber getting cut and Phillips' comments at just before 17:00.

2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

8. The following user likes this post: