2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No the entire conversation started about Trump wanting to make stop and frisk national.

That was the initial post by Towns.

How the hell did I change anything.:lol
And, not one single person stumped for the idea. Not one. The only argument made was that it wasn't a racist initiative. Try again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Do you know the crime statistics in NYC and know that only the black and Latino areas are the highest crime areas or the percentage of whites that lived in those areas?

Because it seems like you are just assuming that's where all the crime in NYC is happening.
:lol

He never said ALL the crime is happening in minority neighborhoods. He said, and I quote...
there are a ton of minorities that live in high crimes areas
That's just you making shit up and putting words in people's mouth again.

This has been a fun page to read. Thanks, Al.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol

He never said ALL the crime is happening in minority neighborhoods. He said, and I quote... That's just you making shit up and putting words in people's mouth again.

This has been a fun page to read. Thanks, Al.
I was wondering when you would make an appearance.

And another AL blast, how cute.

Cotton

Staff member
Talk about strawman.:lol

Ok you keep running with that.
You literally make no fucking sense sometimes. Are you advocating I said we should take it nationwide? I am still talking about the discussion that happened. You are trying to create a different one. You are trying to create an argument that wasn't happening. That is the essence of a strawman argument. Just like 90% of the drivel that comes off your fingers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all, the criminal justice system is racist because it holds blacks to a different standard than whites. So a white kid caught stealing is more likely to be seen as a kid who made a mistake with a bright future ahead of him, and a black kid will be seen as a thug who has no respect for law and order.
You're being intentionally dense. The law itself is not racist. What you're claiming is that the judges who enforce the law are racist.

Just like a stop and frisk is in no way racist. But you throw that word out there because that's the mantra when it comes to Trump. When in reality what you're really saying is that the officers who conduct the stop and frisk would be racist. But that doesn't allow you to call Trump a racist, so instead you claim that an unbiased law is racist.

townsend

Banned
You're being intentionally dense. The law itself is not racist. What you're claiming is that the judges who enforce the law are racist.

Just like a stop and frisk is in no way racist. But you throw that word out there because that's the mantra when it comes to Trump. When in reality what you're really saying is that the officers who conduct the stop and frisk would be racist. But that doesn't allow you to call Trump a racist, so instead you claim that an unbiased law is racist.
You could literally apply this same logic to poll taxes and literacy tests.

Trump answered with stop and frisk when asked about race in America. "Dense" is not being able to read in between the lines when Trump says the problem with race in America is there isn't enough "law and order", and the solution is a nationwide extension of a policy that had been proven to specifically profile minorities.

Translation: the problem with race in America is there isn't enough oppression.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trump answered with stop and frisk when asked about race in America.
You love to write things that are intentionally misleading. As though you're somehow going to win the election for Hilary. Again, we all agree that stop and frisk is horrible. I think it is a violation of everyone's constitutional right.

Trump suggested specifically as a way to fight crime in cities like Chicago. So don't give me some shit that reading between the lines that it is racist. Nothing about it is racist. What you do by making stuff like this up is to increase the racial divide in America. Saying things like this only makes the problem worse.

Poll taxes and literacy tests are different because they have what we call a disparate impact. I know you haven't ever gone to law school so that concept might be a little beyond you. But essentially even though they aren't racist laws they impact minority communities significantly more. Stop and Frisk is not racist because the whole concept of it is that everyone would be stopped and frisked. Black, white, yellow or blue people, all are frisked the same. Major difference. You're assuming the cops will be racist, not the law itself.

townsend

Banned
You love to write things that are intentionally misleading. As though you're somehow going to win the election for Hilary. Again, we all agree that stop and frisk is horrible. I think it is a violation of everyone's constitutional right.

Trump suggested specifically as a way to fight crime in cities like Chicago. So don't give me some shit that reading between the lines that it is racist. Nothing about it is racist. What you do by making stuff like this up is to increase the racial divide in America. Saying things like this only makes the problem worse.

Poll taxes and literacy tests are different because they have what we call a disparate impact. I know you haven't ever gone to law school so that concept might be a little beyond you. But essentially even though they aren't racist laws they impact minority communities significantly more. Stop and Frisk is not racist because the whole concept of it is that everyone would be stopped and frisked. Black, white, yellow or blue people, all are frisked the same. Major difference. You're assuming the cops will be racist, not the law itself.
How can a policy that is only used on whites 11% of the time not be considered to have disparate impact? The fact that it was introduced as neutral but was used to target minorities over 80% of the time sounds like a textbook example of disparate impact.

townsend

Banned
BTW Crock, I know you oppose stop and frisk. I just feel like Trump's getting more of a pass from the conservatively inclined for saying some outrageously disqualifying authoritarian shit.

I'm not at all happy with Hillary's terrorist watchlist either btw. To me that's also an in road to racial profiling. But Trump was perfectly okay with that. When they disagreed Trump was the more extreme authoritarian.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How can a policy that is only used on whites 11% of the time not be considered to have disparate impact? The fact that it was introduced as neutral but was used to target minorities over 80% of the time sounds like a textbook example of disparate impact.
It's not because the law should apply equally to everyone. Which means everyone should get stopped and frisked. Again the law isn't racist. What you're really suggesting is that the cops were racist in who they stopped and frisked.

Introduce stop and frisk in a white neighborhood and the percentages will be weighted the other direction.

Cotton

Staff member
It's not because the law should apply equally to everyone. Which means everyone should get stopped and frisked. Again the law isn't racist. What you're really suggesting is that the cops were racist in who they stopped and frisked.

Introduce stop and frisk in a white neighborhood and the percentages will be weighted the other direction.
This was my point all along before Corky piped up.

townsend

Banned

But since the intention is that it be deployed in neighborhoods with more minorities, that has to be looked at as disparate, it hasn't been deployed in white neighborhoods, and no one ever planned on it. You can't look at an 80% minority vs 11% white return rate (over a 12 year period!) and pretend that it's just a weird, innocent coincidence.

Especially after a decade and a half's worth of Data is available, stop and frisk is synonymous with racial profiling. Trump saying he wanted nation wide stop and frisk was him saying, "This system we used in NY to oppress minorities is great."

Saying otherwise is like assuming someone that wanted literacy tests at the polls just wanted to make sure all the voters could read.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Especially after a decade and a half's worth of Data is available, stop and frisk is synonymous with racial profiling. Trump saying he wanted nation wide stop and frisk was him saying, "This system we used in NY to oppress minorities is great."
Odd, you'd think he would say he wants it implemented in black only neighborhoods if he intended it to be used to oppress the minority community. You answered your own question here, nationwide, not targeted. But you seem to see racism in everything so it's not really surprising.

Cotton

Staff member
But since the intention is that it be deployed in neighborhoods with more minorities, that has to be looked at as disparate, it hasn't been deployed in white neighborhoods, and no one ever planned on it. You can't look at an 80% minority vs 11% white return rate (over a 12 year period!) and pretend that it's just a weird, innocent coincidence.

Saying otherwise is like assuming someone that wanted literacy tests at the polls just wanted to make sure all the voters could read.
Wrong, it was deployed in neighborhoods with the highest crime rate. It just so happened that those neighborhoods had a high density of minority population. They didn't deploy the program thinking, "We should really go after those blacks and browns". They went where the crime was.

When we deployed our bait bike program at Tech, the first like 16 of 17 arrests were students. People got all up in arms saying we were targeting Tech students. The obvious answer to that crowd was, we aren't targeting students, we are targeting thieves. The thieves just happen to be students.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Stop and frisk is bullshit in any neighborhood.

Why don't you just take the 4th amendment and wipe your ass with it, set it on fire, and flush the ashes down the fucking toilet?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stop and frisk is bullshit in any neighborhood.

Why don't you just take the 4th amendment and wipe your ass with it, set it on fire, and flush the ashes down the fucking toilet?
Might be the first post in this thread that I actually agree with you.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Odd, you'd think he would say he wants it implemented in black only neighborhoods if he intended it to be used to oppress the minority community. You answered your own question here, nationwide, not targeted. But you seem to see racism in everything so it's not really surprising.
He sure does, the little closeted SJW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom