JJT: Dez Bryant to have MRI for knee injury sustained early in win

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mystery continues around Dez Bryant's knee injury
11:17 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- The mystery surrounding Dez Bryant's knee injury continues.

Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday he was not sure if Bryant had an MRI on his right knee, which was injured in the win against the Chicago Bears.

Jones said he assumed Bryant "was on go" for Sunday’s game against the San Francisco 49ers but could get an MRI Tuesday.

“He certainly finished the game out; that in and of itself is a good indication,” Jones told The Fan. “It doesn't mean that he's going to be free of the symptoms or the injury. But, again, we may look at an MRI before this day is over."

Two days ago, Jones said Bryant suffered a sprain and would have more tests Monday. When coach Jason Garrett met the media Monday afternoon he did not have an update on Bryant’s status. Left guard La’el Collins had further exams on his injured toe Monday, which is the players’ day off, and will miss significant time. Jones said Collins is “less likely” to have surgery on the toe but sources indicated Collins is looking at two to three months to recover.

Bryant sprained his knee last season after returning from a broken right foot and continued to play but he was limited. Garrett said it looked like the recent injury affected Bryant against the Bears, but Bryant caught a touchdown pass in the fourth quarter.

Jones was asked by The Fan if he was concerned if Bryant would miss time.

"I don't want it to sound any way,” Jones said. “I'm always concerned. We'll monitor him … We'll monitor him through the day. It may be later in the day we'll do an MRI. If he does, we'll give the results."

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol

WTF.

Jerry and his PT Barnum speak.

I'm guessing Bryant is going to miss the season.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

WTF.

Jerry and his PT Barnum speak.

I'm guessing Bryant is going to miss the season.
You can almost count on it at this point. How many times have we heard, "Doesn't appear to be anything serious. We will keep an eye on it. For now, he is day to day" only to find out a few days later that the player is out for the year, or at least an extended period of time?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can almost count on it at this point. How many times have we heard, "Doesn't appear to be anything serious. We will keep an eye on it. For now, he is day to day" only to find out a few days later that the player is out for the year, or at least an extended period of time?
I guess, but you would think the team would want to start making preparations for this weekend if that's the case. I don't like the thought of going with only 4 WR's when one of them is basically purely special teams in Whitehead.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Apparently Dez didn't show for his MRI yesterday but did get one this morning. Not sure why they aren't releasing the results though

townsend

Banned
Sounds like bad news. Sounds like they're taking time to figure out how to spin it.

Cotton

Staff member
Sounds like bad news. Sounds like they're taking time to figure out how to spin it.
Yeah, if it were good news, you would think they would have already come out with it. Unless they are trying to be all super slick like Belichick.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, if it were good news, you would think they would have already come out with it. Unless they are trying to be all super slick like Belichick.
That would be giving them too much credit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They are trying to claim they don't have results...this is going to be bad

Cotton

Staff member

Why is it such a god damn mystery when the MRI was taken?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Why is it such a god damn mystery when the MRI was taken?
Because Garrett can only say what Jerry allows him to.

Cotton

Staff member

And, there's the day by day. :skurred

Cotton

Staff member
Because Garrett can only say what Jerry allows him to.
Doesn't make any damn sense. Who gives a damn when it was given? Are they afraid of backlash because it wasn't done Monday morning, and now the results are bad?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I think they are trying to do that either way. With bad news they don't want the 49ers to know and with good news they don't want the 49ers to know. I get all of that. Of course if he doesn't practice all week it will be pretty obvious.

Cotton

Staff member

Hard to say for sure, but sure doesn't look like he is hurt.

dallen

Senior Tech
We don't know how many painkillers they pumped into him during the game either

Top Bottom