User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: 2018 NFL Cuts & Signings Thread

  1. #11
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46,210

  2. #12
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    We all laughed at the John Lynch hire, but some of his moved (including this one) have been smart.
    The contracts are likely outside of his realm. The 49ers have dedicated guys for that.

  3. #13
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    57,204
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    And, let the CJ Anderson to Dallas rumors fly.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  4. #14
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    46,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    And, let the CJ Anderson to Dallas rumors fly.
    I don't care for him all that much.

  5. #15
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    57,204
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I don't care for him all that much.
    That won't stop several idiots on Twitter from screaming his name.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  6. #16
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,854
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    The contracts are likely outside of his realm. The 49ers have dedicated guys for that.
    No offense but there isn't anything special about the contracts. The 49ers have the most cap room in the NFL. Or at least they did have the most cap room at well over 100 mil. So front loading the contract isn't a big deal at all. They simply are making the bonus money hit now instead of in the future. Other NFL teams do the opposite because they don't have the cap room. They make the bonus money hit in the future instead of all at the beginning.

  7. #17
    A winning temperament Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,263
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    The contracts are likely outside of his realm. The 49ers have dedicated guys for that.
    And they report up to him. Plus he has to sign off on all the moves it's not out of the realm of possibility he was heavily involved in making this happen.

  8. #18
    Senior Member DLK150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    And, let the CJ Anderson to Dallas rumors fly.
    I imagine there's some backstory to this because teams don't generally cut their leading rusher for nothing. Maybe they're trying to gain some cap space or maybe he's up for a new contract. Don't care, pass.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,854
    Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    I imagine there's some backstory to this because teams don't generally cut their leading rusher for nothing. Maybe they're trying to gain some cap space or maybe he's up for a new contract. Don't care, pass.
    They clear about 4.5 mil in cap space and frankly need the money to make a bid for a big time QB like Cousins in free agency. So it's not really surprising.

  10. #20
    Senior Member DLK150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    They clear about 4.5 mil in cap space and frankly need the money to make a bid for a big time QB like Cousins in free agency. So it's not really surprising.
    Fair point. "Franchise" RBs aren't as hard to come by as QBs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •