2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
I feel like that had to be the easiest debate to ever spoof, it's practically verbatim.

Baldwin nailed the impersonation though. He was better than Hammond.

townsend

Banned
VP debate was like watching your two uncles fight at Thanksgiving. 90 minutes of my life I wish I had back.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Trump on Hot Mic: 'When You're a Star ... You Can Do Anything' to Women
by JANE C. TIMM

Editor's note: This story contains graphic language that some may find offensive.

A decade before Donald Trump became the Republican nominee for president, his candid views on women were caught on tape.

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it's like a magnet," Trump said in a 2005 conversation with Billy Bush, at the time an anchor for Access Hollywood, in crude, coarse language. "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything… Grab 'em by the pussy."

Ten years later, as a candidate and now the Republican nominee, Trump has come under fire for insulting and directing crude language toward women. He's rejected such criticism repeatedly, insisting "nobody has more respect for women than me."

In the 2005 recording obtained by NBC News from Access Hollywood, Trump, then newly married to Melania Trump, spots a young woman through the bus window.

"Woah, woah," he said to Bush about the woman's appearance. "I gotta use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her."

Earlier in the conversation, Trump recalls talking about trying to woo a married woman.

"I moved on her actually, she was down in Palm Beach and I failed. I'll admit it. I did try to fuck her, she was married … and I moved on her very heavily," Trump is heard saying.

"I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture and I told her 'I'll show you where you can get some nice furniture,'" Trump is heard saying. "I moved on her like a bitch, and I could not get there, and she was married. And all the sudden I see her and she's got the big phony tits, she's totally changed her look."

In a prepared statement, Trump responded to the clip.

"This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended."

The new revelations come just 33 days left before the election, making Trump's uphill climb with women voters even more challenging.

Just 24 percent of women view Trump favorably, according to the latest NBC News/ Wall Street Journal poll from mid-September. In a two-way race, Trump polls two points higher with men, while Clinton leads Trump with women by 14 points.

Clinton has already made Trump's past words on women a key campaign issue, using audio clips in a recent advertisement of him saying "slob" and "pig" when speaking about women. The ad then asks "is this the president we want for our daughters?"

In the last debate, Clinton slammed Trump for allegedly calling former Miss Universe Alicia Machado "Miss Piggy" for gaining weight and "Miss Housekeeping" because she is Latino. Trump kept the matter alive for days, insisting Machado had indeed gained too much weight after winning the beauty pageant and tweeting that she was "disgusting" and alleging that she had a sex tape.

After the debate, an online NBC News/Survey Monkey poll found that 27 percent of likely women voters said the debate had made them think worse of Trump.

Trump has been repeatedly accused of misogyny, with critics citing his many interviews with shock jock Howard Stern, where the conversation often turned raunchy and crude, as well as his behavior on reality television show The Apprentice.

The Associated Press recently reported multiple allegations of inappropriate behavior towards women while he was on the show, based on interviews with more than 20 former cast a crew members of The Apprentice who said Trump was often lewd and derogatory about women on set.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think this is the end.

He is literally not going to get any votes from women unless they have 3 teeth.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Pence ignores Pardon & Parole Board directives
Indiana Pardon & Parole Board unanimously recommended 
two years ago that Governor Pence pardon Keith Cooper

By Crusader - October 6, 2016 0 490
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Attorneys for a wrongfully convicted man who spent over a decade in a maximum security prison for a crime he didn’t commit filed a post-conviction petition in Elkhart County Circuit Court on Oct. 3, 2016 after Governor Mike Pence refused to grant a pardon despite the unanimous recommendation of the state’s Pardon & Parole Board.

Keith Cooper, 46, with no prior criminal record, was wrongfully convicted of a 1996 armed robbery and attempted murder in Elkhart. At the time of his arrest, Cooper was married with three young children and employed at two jobs. While wrongfully incarcerated, his young family was forced to sell all of their possessions, move into shelters, and eventually become homeless.

Keith Cooper’s former prosecutor wrote Pence a letter urging the Governor to pardon Cooper, as did the Republican State Representative for the district in which the murder occurred. As Michael A. Christofeno, the former prosecutor wrote,

“Justice demands that Mr. Cooper be pardoned. As an attorney I certainly understand Mr. Cooper’s procedural decision which allowed him to be released from prison but did not remove his conviction. Justice however should not be circumvented under this set of circumstances on procedural grounds. We cannot undo the wrongful imprisonment of Mr. Cooper, but we can undo his wrongful conviction with a pardon.”

On September 20, 2016, Mark Ahearn, General Counsel for Governor Pence, sent correspondence to Cooper’s legal team stating that Governor Pence would not consider Cooper’s request for a pardon any further until Cooper went to court again.

Governor Pence’s first public statement regarding Cooper’s pardon petition occurred five years after the petition was filed and two years after the Indiana Pardon and Parole unanimously recommended that Governor Pence grant Cooper a pardon based upon actual innocence. More significantly, Gov. Pence’s response was sent the day after Cooper’s case was featured once again on the front page of the Indianapolis Star.

Cooper’s hearing was held before the Indiana Pardon and Parole Board in February 2014. The victims, Canell and Kershner, testified on behalf of Cooper at that hearing. As a result of that hearing, the Indiana Pardon and Parole Board made a unanimous recommendation that Governor Pence grant Cooper’s pardon based upon actual innocence. Shortly thereafter, the trial prosecutor who wrongfully convicted Cooper sent correspondence to Governor Pence urging him to grant the pardon. State Republican Representative David Ober also sent correspondence to Governor Pence requesting a pardon on Cooper’s behalf. Even Democratic Gubernatorial Candidate John Gregg has committed to issuing a pardon to Cooper should he be elected. In spite of all that, after two years, Governor Pence has failed to act on Cooper’s pardon petition.

“The lack of courage displayed by Governor Pence is shocking. Governor Pence has an opportunity to provide a measure of happiness and closure to all the victims in this case – the victims of this tragic and senseless crime and Keith Cooper, a victim in his own right, who lost a decade of his life for a crime he did not commit,” said Elliot Slosar, Attorney for The Exoneration Project at the University of Chicago Law School.

“Instead of using his executive power to change the life of an undisputedly innocent man, Governor Pence has decided to punt the issue to the next Governor of Indiana and inform Cooper that he needs to head back to the same court where he got wrongfully convicted in the first place.”

As a result of Governor Pence’s inaction, a post-conviction petition was filed in Elkhart County Circuit Court. The current Elkhart County Prosecutor, Curtis Hill, is currently running as the Republican nominee for Attorney General in Indiana. Hill has publicly refused to give his position on Cooper’s pardon petition and it’s unknown whether he will fight the post-conviction petition filed today by Cooper’s legal team.

Cooper was wrongfully convicted of a 1996 armed robbery and attempted murder in Elkhart.

Even though DNA testing of crime scene evidence – a hat left by the shooter – cleared him as a suspect, Cooper was still wrongfully convicted. His wrongful conviction was based on false testimony by a jail-house snitch and erroneous witness identifications that were manipulated by Elkhart Detective Steve Rezutko, who had previously been demoted for engaging in a pattern of similar misconduct. As Rezutko’s former supervisor put in a sworn statement, the detective “often put together extremely suggestive line-ups in order to push the witness towards his preferred suspect instead of letting the witness make an independent decision.”

All the eyewitnesses against Cooper have since recanted their identifications describing how they were manipulated by Detective Rezutko into falsely implicating Cooper. Nona Canell, a victim and eyewitness, provided testimony in front of the Indiana Parole Board in support of Cooper’s pardon petition. In that hearing, Canell told the Pardon and Parole Board, “If you want me to be happy, please give Keith Cooper his name back.” Notably, Michael Kershner, the crime victim who was shot back in 1996, also staunchly supported Cooper’

More sophisticated DNA testing conducted in 2002, five years after Cooper’s conviction, not only cleared Cooper of the crime, but pointed to a serial offender, Johlanis Cortez Ervin, who is now imprisoned in Michigan for a 2002 murder. Tragically, if Elkhart police had properly investigated the 1996 armed robbery and attempted murder of Kershner, Cooper’s life would not have been ruined and Ervin might have been prevented from harming others as well.

For now Cooper is like any other felon––he has a record and must check the felony conviction box when he applies for a job. To add insult to injury Cooper will never receive compensation for being wrongfully convicted because Indiana has no law to provide compensation for the wrongfully convicted or incarcerated. As long as he has a conviction on his record, he is unable to sue the state.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Trump on Hot Mic: 'When You're a Star ... You Can Do Anything' to Women
by JANE C. TIMM

Editor's note: This story contains graphic language that some may find offensive.

A decade before Donald Trump became the Republican nominee for president, his candid views on women were caught on tape.

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it's like a magnet," Trump said in a 2005 conversation with Billy Bush, at the time an anchor for Access Hollywood, in crude, coarse language. "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything… Grab 'em by the pussy."

Ten years later, as a candidate and now the Republican nominee, Trump has come under fire for insulting and directing crude language toward women. He's rejected such criticism repeatedly, insisting "nobody has more respect for women than me."

In the 2005 recording obtained by NBC News from Access Hollywood, Trump, then newly married to Melania Trump, spots a young woman through the bus window.

"Woah, woah," he said to Bush about the woman's appearance. "I gotta use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her."

Earlier in the conversation, Trump recalls talking about trying to woo a married woman.

"I moved on her actually, she was down in Palm Beach and I failed. I'll admit it. I did try to fuck her, she was married … and I moved on her very heavily," Trump is heard saying.

"I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture and I told her 'I'll show you where you can get some nice furniture,'" Trump is heard saying. "I moved on her like a bitch, and I could not get there, and she was married. And all the sudden I see her and she's got the big phony tits, she's totally changed her look."

In a prepared statement, Trump responded to the clip.

"This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended."

The new revelations come just 33 days left before the election, making Trump's uphill climb with women voters even more challenging.

Just 24 percent of women view Trump favorably, according to the latest NBC News/ Wall Street Journal poll from mid-September. In a two-way race, Trump polls two points higher with men, while Clinton leads Trump with women by 14 points.

Clinton has already made Trump's past words on women a key campaign issue, using audio clips in a recent advertisement of him saying "slob" and "pig" when speaking about women. The ad then asks "is this the president we want for our daughters?"

In the last debate, Clinton slammed Trump for allegedly calling former Miss Universe Alicia Machado "Miss Piggy" for gaining weight and "Miss Housekeeping" because she is Latino. Trump kept the matter alive for days, insisting Machado had indeed gained too much weight after winning the beauty pageant and tweeting that she was "disgusting" and alleging that she had a sex tape.

After the debate, an online NBC News/Survey Monkey poll found that 27 percent of likely women voters said the debate had made them think worse of Trump.

Trump has been repeatedly accused of misogyny, with critics citing his many interviews with shock jock Howard Stern, where the conversation often turned raunchy and crude, as well as his behavior on reality television show The Apprentice.

The Associated Press recently reported multiple allegations of inappropriate behavior towards women while he was on the show, based on interviews with more than 20 former cast a crew members of The Apprentice who said Trump was often lewd and derogatory about women on set.
What pious hypocritical male can even pretend that this isn't the common jargon that goes on with virtual lay every male that ever lived.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What pious hypocritical male can even pretend that this isn't the common jargon that goes on with virtual lay every male that ever lived.
Speak for yourself.

I have never bragged that I can go around grabbing woman by the pussy.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Saint Jiggy. I guess that includes your teen years as well.
Stop telling on yourself.

Yes it includes my teen years and what does that have to do with a 60-year-old man saying this?

And for the record I have never felt the need to brag about shit like this to random dudes.

This was not a "locker room" and it was not with his buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom