User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Awkward ... Cowboys QB Dak Prescott gets annihilated by retired David Carr in passing competition

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    I think I explained. Aikman couldn’t scramble around like Cunningham. You guys are getting all bent out of shape over nothing. Ravi pointed out that with all that Cunningham and Marino did at the Quarterback position it didn’t get them a SB ring. Aikman didn’t have their style game. He used his team mates to help do the heavy lifting and that was in reference to me saying this is the lesson Prescott will need to learn if he is to develope further. Read the things in their context.
    No, Aikman couldn't run like Cunningham. Montana, Brady, and Marino couldn't run like Mike Vick, either. I don't see where that's relevant at all to being a top QB.

Your Marino comment is a lot more relevant, but I'm surprised you don't think he could have done similar things if he'd played in the same offense. The Emmitt-based offense wasn't Troy's choice, you know? To say he couldn't have "survived" a Marino offense is crazy to me. Not only would he have survived, he'd have put up crazy numbers.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    No, Aikman couldn't run like Cunningham. Montana, Brady, and Marino couldn't run like Mike Vick, either. I don't see where that's relevant at all to being a top QB.

Your Marino comment is a lot more relevant, but I'm surprised you don't think he could have done similar things if he'd played in the same offense. The Emmitt-based offense wasn't Troy's choice, you know? To say he couldn't have "survived" a Marino offense is crazy to me. Not only would he have survived, he'd have put up crazy numbers.
    Did anyone say Aikman wasn’t a top Quarterback? All the comments were about different styles and comparisons. You are getting off track with your comments. It’s not a rating of anyone.
    Since Day One

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    Carr? I personally don’t think it’s going to be tough to have a better career than a first round draft bust who avg’ed 1300 yards passing with 59% completion numbers, no matter how many LED targets he knocked down in the studio.

People way way way over rate the high end physical arm skills.

I'll take the passing game competition with a grain of salt, I usually do. Carr did have some physical talent, he could never put it all together and is one of the bigger first round busts of the last twenty years, especially since he was the #1 overall pick.

Aikman did benefit from having Emmitt, plus he had great safety valves in Irvin and Novacek and a top notch OL. I remember reading about the draft in the paper and at the time, I didn't even know who Aikman was because I didn't follow college football much in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    I'll take the passing game competition with a grain of salt, I usually do. Carr did have some physical talent, he could never put it all together and is one of the bigger first round busts of the last twenty years, especially since he was the #1 overall pick.

Aikman did benefit from having Emmitt, plus he had great safety valves in Irvin and Novacek and a top notch OL. I remember reading about the draft in the paper and at the time, I didn't even know who Aikman was because I didn't follow college football much in those days.
    It's a god damn passing game designed for you and me to be able to play. It's like claiming someone is a bad dancer because they lost to someone at Dance Dance revolution.
    Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 02-09-2018 at 05:01 PM.

7. The following user likes this post:

I just saw the video, it was kind of pathetic.