JJT: Dez Bryant to have MRI for knee injury sustained early in win

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that Dez Bryant is actually dead. That's the reason for all this delay.

Pick up Lucky Whitehead on your fantasy teams ASAP.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Per NFL.com Dez has a "slight hairline fracture" in his knee and is hopeful to play this Sunday.

dallen

Senior Tech

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Garrett says "day to day, week to week".

In other words, give a month, then IR like Tapper.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

:nodno

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Garrett says "day to day, week to week".

In other words, give a month, then IR like Tapper.
Yea right, he's going to miss 3 games max and be back after the bye assuming he doesn't play and make it worse.

Cotton

Staff member
Yea right, he's going to miss 3 games max and be back after the bye assuming he doesn't play and make it worse.

Cotton

Staff member
The Cowboys beat writers aren't happy that he told them nothing during his PC and then dropped the nugget in a conference call with the SF media. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
A part of me thinks it may be better for Dez in the long term if he learned to give up on some plays. I've noticed that a lot of awkward tackles are the result of the ball carrier trying to fight for an extra yard or two. Sometimes that that extra yard or two isn't worth that additional hit.

If it's 3rd and short on a key drive, by all means fight for that extra yard. But if you already have the first down and the play isn't considered critical, I'd prefer that Dez take a note from the early 2000's Rams receivers. Holt and Bruce almost always got down and avoided unnecessary hits.

Obviously on the other side of the coin there have been plenty of instances where a receiver breaks free from a tackle and picks up an extra 20+ yards. So obviously there's not one right answer. The key is just being smart and intelligently picking your battles; which can be hard in the heat of the moment. Especially if you're a player like Dez who's not wired to just give up on a play.

All in all, even with this hairline fracture it feels like we dodged a huge bullet this time around.

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am puzzled. What part of the knee? The tibia side of the joint? The fibula side of the joint? The knee cap? Actually I have never heard the term a fracture of the knee.

Cotton

Staff member
I am puzzled. What part of the knee? The tibia side of the joint? The fibula side of the joint? The knee cap? Actually I have never heard the term a fracture of the knee.
There haven't been any specifics come out that I've seen.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If Dak can make enough plays with Butler and Twill to compete or win as the starting wide outs, I am officially off the Romo bandwagon.

It will be time to turn move on.

Cotton

Staff member
Archer says tibia.
Depends on where it is, but my wife was down for 6 weeks when she had a hairline fracture in her tibia. And, it was a very small fracture.

Top Bottom