JJT: Dez Bryant to have MRI for knee injury sustained early in win

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Typical recovery for this type of injury my understanding is 1 to 3 week. I'm honestly not too worried. If he misses the 49ers game I'm sure he will be back for the big battle with the Bengals and Packers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I really really heart this man. :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think it is dumb to even consider him for this Sunday.

There is no reason to play him against a lousy 49er team.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Depends on where it is, but my wife was down for 6 weeks when she had a hairline fracture in her tibia. And, it was a very small fracture.
You're wife probably isn't an overpaid asshole that needs to go earn his check either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You're wife probably isn't an overpaid asshole that needs to go earn his check either.
So Bryant needs to play through a legit injury to earn his paycheck?

Don't you have some memes to post?

Stars

DCC 4Life
After the conflicting reports and secrecy, I'm just glad is wasn't ligaments or season-ending.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I think it is dumb to even consider him for this Sunday.

There is no reason to play him against a lousy 49er team.
Here's hoping so since I'll be at the game on Sunday. Hoping we kick their ass.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It actually sounds like Dez didn't want the MRI which is why it took this long for anything to come out. Interesting but you have to wonder how many times players have injuries like this sort of go undiagnosed. We hear about players during the combine sort have old injuries discovered that they never really knew they had. If not for the MRI I'm sure Dez would just continue playing with no questions.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck him then. Selfish diva move that a team that wants to win doesn't have time for.

What is just as disturbing that Jones and Garrett covered it up for him and basically enabled the behavior.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That kind of stuff is always kept in house. You don't air dirty laundry to the media.
It is not about airing dirty laundry.

Unless you are the fucking Patriots, it is getting out, especially in Dallas.

Sorry, we can't operate like them because we aren't them.

As a result we have the owner and head coach looking like chumps and that is not a good environment.

And it is also equally bothersome that a Jerry Gold Ticket holder has shown he can flip management and protocol the bird yet again.

Our culture is a huge problem.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Fuck him then. Selfish diva move that a team that wants to win doesn't have time for.

What is just as disturbing that Jones and Garrett covered it up for him and basically enabled the behavior.
Why was he fined if they covered up?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why was he fined if they covered up?
By cover up, I mean by addressing the questions appropriately. Instead we have an embarrassing front because we can't control the player.

I get that you want an "in house" rule, but in Dallas, that doesn't exist. This is not New England.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
By cover up, I mean by addressing the questions appropriately. Instead we have an embarrassing front because we can't control the player.

I get that you want an "in house" rule, but in Dallas, that doesn't exist. This is not New England.
I was under the impression that Dez, skipped the MRI and the practice as well. Maybe they didn't know where he was. As to keeping a lid on the situation I might be inclined to do the same as a matter of discretion until you have to disclose injuries.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dez is about to turn 28, I'm guessing he's only here another 2 seasons after this year.

Romo will be gone after 2017 and Dez will be going on 30 going into 2018. I'm guessing that will be his last in Dallas as the team will likely look to build around Dak without the controversial influence of Dez.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was under the impression that Dez, skipped the MRI and the practice as well. Maybe they didn't know where he was. As to keeping a lid on the situation I might be inclined to do the same as a matter of discretion until you have to disclose injuries.
I understand.

What I don't like is the fact that one of our "leaders" felt this was an okay thing to do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dez is about to turn 28, I'm guessing he's only here another 2 seasons after this year.

Romo will be gone after 2017 and Dez will be going on 30 going into 2018. I'm guessing that will be his last in Dallas as the team will likely look to build around Dak without the controversial influence of Dez.
He is definitely not the mature partner to the young QB.

Top Bottom