User Tag List

Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 788

Thread: 2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

  1. #711
    No longer a fan midswat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,263
    They lost a talented MLB also.

  2. #712
    No longer a fan midswat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,263
    Are the Patriots done?

    I know I know you can’t count Bill and Tom out, but Brady will be 41. His decline is imminent. This isn’t an old mans game.

    Add to it losing both coordinators.

    Idk who will be worth a crap in the AFC to challenge them. Ben is getting old also. Raiders rebound maybe? Can’t really count on Jacksonville until they get rid of white Quincy carter at QB. Kansas City with Cousins? Idk who else.

  3. #713

  4. #714
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,590
    Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    Are the Patriots done?

    I know I know you can’t count Bill and Tom out, but Brady will be 41. His decline is imminent. This isn’t an old mans game.

    Add to it losing both coordinators.

    Idk who will be worth a crap in the AFC to challenge them. Ben is getting old also. Raiders rebound maybe? Can’t really count on Jacksonville until they get rid of white Quincy carter at QB. Kansas City with Cousins? Idk who else.
    I wondered if they would have retired if they had won. Until then I dont think you can count them out.
    #Fire Garrett

  5. #715
    No longer a fan midswat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    I wondered if they would have retired if they had won. Until then I dont think you can count them out.
    I don’t watch a lot of Patriots football, and I know Brady was never a burner, but he looked every bit of 40 when he was running/moving around last night.

    I’m thinking his drop off will be sudden. Not guaranteeing it happens and yeah he gets the benefit of the doubt until it does, but I don’t think it’ll be too much longer until he’s a shell of himself.

  6. #716
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,590
    Rothlisberger is a few years younger and they have already questioned him about retiring for two years. Maybe Im missing it but I really dont hear them asking Brady. Just seems wierd.
    #Fire Garrett

  7. #717
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25,191
    Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    I don’t watch a lot of Patriots football, and I know Brady was never a burner, but he looked every bit of 40 when he was running/moving around last night.

    I’m thinking his drop off will be sudden. Not guaranteeing it happens and yeah he gets the benefit of the doubt until it does, but I don’t think it’ll be too much longer until he’s a shell of himself.
    There were some balls that it looked like he just didn't have the arm strength for as well. Just sort of badly underthrown that sometimes went incomplete and sometimes his receivers bailed him out on.

  8. #718
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12,317
    Brady threw for 500 yards and put up 33 points against a good defense in the super bowl. I don't see a drop off yet.

  9. #719
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,859
    Bradys style promotes longevity. Hes not gunning 20 yard out patterns on a rope like Aikman or 65 yard (in the air) deep shots like Elway. Neither does he hang in the pocket and take brutal shots like Montana.

    Hes built a decent physique from what had been a slight frame and maintains a healthy diet

    Brady is the epitome of playing smart and still getting in deep shots because everything else works to set them up.

    Smart beats strong every time and strength also declines sharply with age.

    Most important hes got the most inept division in football, the AFC East to dominate for years to come. Futility at QB for two decades! Guaranteed division title, almost guaranteed top seed.

  10. #720
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    62,079
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •