User Tag List

Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

They lost a talented MLB also.

Are the Patriots done?

I know I know you can’t count Bill and Tom out, but Brady will be 41. His decline is imminent. This isn’t an old mans game.

Add to it losing both coordinators.

Idk who will be worth a crap in the AFC to challenge them. Ben is getting old also. Raiders rebound maybe? Can’t really count on Jacksonville until they get rid of white Quincy carter at QB. Kansas City with Cousins? Idk who else.

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    Are the Patriots done?

I know I know you can’t count Bill and Tom out, but Brady will be 41. His decline is imminent. This isn’t an old mans game.

Add to it losing both coordinators.

Idk who will be worth a crap in the AFC to challenge them. Ben is getting old also. Raiders rebound maybe? Can’t really count on Jacksonville until they get rid of white Quincy carter at QB. Kansas City with Cousins? Idk who else.
    I wondered if they would have retired if they had won. Until then I dont think you can count them out.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    I wondered if they would have retired if they had won. Until then I dont think you can count them out.
    I don’t watch a lot of Patriots football, and I know Brady was never a burner, but he looked every bit of 40 when he was running/moving around last night.

I’m thinking his drop off will be sudden. Not guaranteeing it happens and yeah he gets the benefit of the doubt until it does, but I don’t think it’ll be too much longer until he’s a shell of himself.

Rothlisberger is a few years younger and they have already questioned him about retiring for two years. Maybe Im missing it but I really dont hear them asking Brady. Just seems wierd.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    I don’t watch a lot of Patriots football, and I know Brady was never a burner, but he looked every bit of 40 when he was running/moving around last night.

I’m thinking his drop off will be sudden. Not guaranteeing it happens and yeah he gets the benefit of the doubt until it does, but I don’t think it’ll be too much longer until he’s a shell of himself.
    There were some balls that it looked like he just didn't have the arm strength for as well. Just sort of badly underthrown that sometimes went incomplete and sometimes his receivers bailed him out on.

Brady threw for 500 yards and put up 33 points against a good defense in the super bowl. I don't see a drop off yet.

Bradys style promotes longevity. Hes not gunning 20 yard out patterns on a rope like Aikman or 65 yard (in the air) deep shots like Elway. Neither does he hang in the pocket and take brutal shots like Montana.

Hes built a decent physique from what had been a slight frame and maintains a healthy diet

Brady is the epitome of playing smart and still getting in deep shots because everything else works to set them up.

Smart beats strong every time and strength also declines sharply with age.

Most important hes got the most inept division in football, the AFC East to dominate for years to come. Futility at QB for two decades! Guaranteed division title, almost guaranteed top seed.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion