User Tag List

Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 788

Thread: 2017 Season | Super Bowl LII | Gameday Chatter | 2-4-2018

  1. #691
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,213
    Foles is 100% plateauing from here on out. I don't want to call him a Larry Brown because Brown basically came up with 2 plays and Foles was unbelievable over 2 games, but I'm almost certain 20 years from now we're all going to look back and be like, "how in the F did that happen?"

  2. #692
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,072
    Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I will agree the aggressiveness they show on the field and in personnel has given them the edge.

    Garrett is not the world's worst coach that everyone paints him to be, but he lacks that instinct to be aggressive. He's very safe and conservative and in today's league, not keeping your foot on the gas leads to losses as we've seen time and again.
    Been telling everyone this for a while now. If you play not to lose you will probably lose. Playing safe only allows your opponent the opportunity to get back in the game. Protecting a lead gets your offense on a three and out program, etc. etc. Put you foot on the gas and blow your opponent into next week is the way to play the game of football if you want to win. Play to win.
    Since Day One

  3. #693
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Larry Brown won the MVP of the Super Bowl, too.

    Besides, we were talking about signing him a couple years ago, not today.
    Larry Brown was a great player for us. At the time Foles was available, we had jack and shit at QB. There was no reason for us not to consider him. He had already had a stellar season under Chip Kelly. And we roll with Butt Fumble instead . Geez.

  4. #694
    No longer a fan midswat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    NYDN columnist Gary Myers loses mind, predicts Dallas championship next year

    The Cowboys are going to rebound from their 9-7 season that was sabotaged by Zeke Elliott’s six-game suspension for domestic violence. Even as Elliott kept pushing the suspension back with minor court victories, the inevitable hung over the Cowboys all season. They were only 5-3 with him before the suspension finally hit, then lost their first three games without him and even though they won their last three without him, they were out of the race by the time he returned for the 15th game.

    Dak Prescott regressed without Elliott but will build off the adversity. Jones needs to get him a new big-play receiver with Dez Bryant no longer being able to get any separation and he needs additional playmakers at each of the three levels of the defense.

    With Carson Wentz coming back next season, the Eagles will contend. I like the Saints, but think they will have a tough time recovering from the Minneapolis Miracle and the NFC South is so competitive that they beat each other up. Any of the four teams could win it; the Packers are always in it because of Aaron Rodgers but otherwise are flawed; the Rams are a fun team but not Super Bowl-ready just yet; the 49ers need two more drafts and they will be Super Bowl contenders with Jimmy G.

    Super Bowl LIII: Cowboys 31, Patriots 21
    Dollars to donuts Hostile is posting this at the own today and suggesting that Gary Myers sees whats being built here.

  5. The following user likes this post:


  6. #695
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Foles is 100% plateauing from here on out. I don't want to call him a Larry Brown because Brown basically came up with 2 plays and Foles was unbelievable over 2 games, but I'm almost certain 20 years from now we're all going to look back and be like, "how in the F did that happen?"
    you watch, though. Someone will pony up a solid draft pick to Philly to get him, all based on 3 stellar games.

  7. #696
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,693
    The Reid (and now Pederson) system has made QBs the likes of Foles, Kolb, Feely, Detmer, the other Detmer, Garcia, and McNabb all look good. Those same QBs never looked any good anywhere else.

    Given that history, anyone who puts any stock in Foles performing well outside of that system is setting themselves up for massive disappointment.

  8. The following 3 users like this post:


  9. #697
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,360
    Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Larry Brown was a great player for us. At the time Foles was available, we had jack and shit at QB. There was no reason for us not to consider him. He had already had a stellar season under Chip Kelly. And we roll with Butt Fumble instead . Geez.
    Our definition of ‘great player’ is far apart.

    And again, hindsight is nice but I’d bet the vast majority was against signing Nick Foles a couple years ago. Which was the original point made.

  10. #698
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,072
    Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    you watch, though. Someone will pony up a solid draft pick to Philly to get him, all based on 3 stellar games.
    Foles landed a stroke of good luck to fill in when he was needed. The Eagles are a solid team an this was to his advantage. He made the most oh his chance and both he and the Eagles are now going to get to own a super bowl ring. Is earning a SB ring worth a solid draft pick? Foles has always had the potential to be a solid QB but has usually been in a bad set of circumstances.
    Since Day One

  11. #699
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Foles landed a stroke of good luck to fill in when he was needed. The Eagles are a solid team an this was to his advantage. He made the most oh his chance and both he and the Eagles are now going to get to own a super bowl ring. Is earning a SB ring worth a solid draft pick? Foles has always had the potential to be a solid QB but has usually been in a bad set of circumstances.
    He got the football world's attention, and there's plenty of teams with bad quarterbacking. Look what they got for Bradford. They probably won't keep Foles, because they have Wentz, and someone will pay Foles to be a starter, whether thats "smart" or not. Its payday for little Nick.
    New blood in the form of Hurns, Gallup, Thompson, Austin and Wilson will help breathe life into a broken passing game.

  12. #700
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Our definition of ‘great player’ is far apart.

    And again, hindsight is nice but I’d bet the vast majority was against signing Nick Foles a couple years ago. Which was the original point made.
    we have no way of knowing about the "vast majority", but if so, they were wrong apparently.
    New blood in the form of Hurns, Gallup, Thompson, Austin and Wilson will help breathe life into a broken passing game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •