Gameday Chatter Thread | Bears at Cowboys | Week 3 | 09-25-16

D

Deuce

Romo would have scored plenty but he also had a knack for the boneheaded INT every once in awhile to spot the other team a TD.
He also would have dropped to the fetal position once when the rush came and taken a helmet to the back, putting him out 8 weeks.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Damn we're kicking ass. I wonder if Dak's leadership skills are going to get us over this whole tendency to play down to the competition.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm going to have to do some research to find out when was the last time the Cowboys completely stomped out an opponent like they're doing tonight.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Romo would have scored plenty but he also had a knack for the boneheaded INT every once in awhile to spot the other team a TD.
That's exactly what I'm referring to. I won't take anything away from him but we always seemed to dial up a boneheaded play or few against lesser competition.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's amazing through this dominance is that we've had zero QB pressure.
Hoyer isn't really holding the ball long. For the most part he is just stepping back and throwing it on time. With not great results obviously. The only time he held the ball very long the Bears RT mugged Crawford for a 10 yard penalty.

data

Forbes #1
I'm going to have to do some research to find out when was the last time the Cowboys completely stomped out an opponent like they're doing tonight.
vs Buffalo back in 2012 or something comes to mind.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's exactly what I'm referring to. I won't take anything away from him but we always seemed to dial up a boneheaded play or few against lesser competition.
Not to mention Dak has had a couple runs that Romo just isn't capable of. If Dak keeps playing like this and we keep winning it's going to make it really hard to play Romo when he is healthy.

data

Forbes #1
Am I out of my mind when I say that half felt very early 1990s-like?

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Damn we're kicking ass. I wonder if Dak's leadership skills are going to get us over this whole tendency to play down to the competition.
Doesn't look like it. If we come out and score another opening drive TD then I think it's safe to say those days may be over.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We beat down a Colts team in 2014 who weren't trying.

The following week we smoked the Redskins.

I guess those count.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Am I out of my mind when I say that half felt very early 1990s-like?
I am thinking about heading to Whataburger before the game is over if that tells you anything.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't look like it. If we come out and score another opening drive TD then I think it's safe to say those days may be over.
If our defense comes out and gets a 3 and out I'll feel good. I feel confident our offense can grind lots of time off the clock in the second half. Just need the defense to keep this up.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I picked the Skins to win today BTW. I knew the Gints couldn't hold up the success.

data

Forbes #1
If things continue the way they are...Sunday, October 30th will set ratings records.

Top Bottom