Gameday Chatter Thread | Bears at Cowboys | Week 3 | 09-25-16

data

Forbes #1
Hmm. Zero sacks today for either team. Don't see that too often. It was like a blue-white scrimmage.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
79% completion percentage and over 10 yards per pass attempt. That's some sick shit for a rookie QB. 123.6 QB rating on top of that as well.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Goddamn, Dak Prescott is awesome. I hope he can develop into a Carson Wentz-type player someday.
Let's not get crazy now. Dak is doing well.

Don't jinx it by getting too greedy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You have to go back to Romo. He's the better QB right now.
And I think Dak would agree.

When he's right Romo opens up the passing game no matter how good the opposing defense is. With a balanced attack, Romo picks you apart.

Everyone's real question is can Romo come back right and not be slow or rusty.

data

Forbes #1
Good sign that Terrance was getting several catches tonight. Primarily Relying on Beasley's short passes won't get us many points. If we can't get Dez consistently, I like seeing that we're not so one-sided.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

When he's right Romo opens up the passing game no matter how good the opposing defense is. With a balanced attack, Romo picks you apart.

I love Romo but last time we saw him he was 11 for 21 with 3 ints in a blowout loss. Romo can do more with the passing game than Dak, but Romo is also capable of an extreme stinker that we haven't seen out of Dak yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good sign that Terrance was getting several catches tonight. Primarily Relying on Beasley's short passes won't get us many points. If we can't get Dez consistently, I like seeing that we're not so one-sided.
We had some big plays in the passing game today. Unfortunately one of them ended with a fumble instead of a TD.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Only thing I'm pissed about from this game is the idiotic Williams fumble and the annual mind-numbing "penalty on 3rd down with under 2 minutes remaining with the opponent out of timeouts that keeps an extra 30-40 seconds on the clock".

Other than that, the game looks to be slowing down for Elliott, Maliek Collins is really starting to look good, the defense was fine in general, and the offense was smooth, against a shit opponent of course but we also were without Tyron and Dez probably wasn't 100%.

Oh, and we have our QB for the next decade, so there's that. Definitely that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is just so much to be impressed about with Dak. But the crazy thing with Dak is that he is reading the defense presnap and adjusting plays. Our coaches do not appear to be holding anything back with Dak. Basically allowing him to do everything that Romo does.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Fuck Williams. That's been three games in a row where he's either fucked up a game or done absolutely nothing.

It's time to see what Brice can do out there. At worst hopefully he'd be smart enough to go out of bounds for once.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

I've been as big a Romo supporter as anyone. However, I ready to move on and start Dak. He's a stellar talent that seems to have sprung from the proverbial womb fully formed. Keep it going. This isn't a Superbowl team. The defensive line is a mess and I doubt that's gonna change. Next year with maybe another piece, a free agent and the all-drug olympics players coming back, maybe that will be different. Romo will be even more brittle. The future is now. Move on.

data

Forbes #1
Fuck Williams. That's been three games in a row where he's either fucked up a game or done absolutely nothing.

It's time to see what Brice can do out there. At worst hopefully he'd be smart enough to go out of bounds for once.
I'm more referring to Daks ability to the second wideout as opposed to the indiv Terrance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm more referring to Daks ability to the second wideout as opposed to the indiv Terrance.
I agree, it's important to be able to get the ball to your outside WR's and Dak is showing that he has the ability to spread the ball around. If you only throw to Witten and Beasley teams will catch on. Clearly Dak isn't a one trick pony though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
One thing that has kind of stuck out to me so far this season is that teams are really underestimating the value of the RB position. The last 2 teams we played in Wash and Chi really did nothing to help the position, while losing their primary back from the previous year. Both QBs for those teams would really benefit from a strong run game. I am not saying they need to spend the 4th pick overall on a RB, but you do have to have some talent there.

Jiggyfly

Banned
One thing that has kind of stuck out to me so far this season is that teams are really underestimating the value of the RB position. The last 2 teams we played in Wash and Chi really did nothing to help the position, while losing their primary back from the previous year. Both QBs for those teams would really benefit from a strong run game. I am not saying they need to spend the 4th pick overall on a RB, but you do have to have some talent there.
Chicago has drafted a RB in back to back years.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, for those of you who were wanting to trade Leary, I guess now you're glad we didn't. He came in and we never missed a beat.

Top Bottom